Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,682   Online: 994

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Got me a nice little pile of cards now...

Lion by Donald Grindstaff-clever use of blocks of light and shade and serene expression on the lion's face

Shadow Portrait by Barry Dial-there are 8 million stories of love and hate, laughter and tears in the naked city and some of them are sure to make intriguing pictures....

The Cyclone by Adam-if it was a song, it would be by Bruce Springsteen

Mall2 by Kraker-intricate and graphic chiaroscuro

Reichstag by Birger A-fascinating splitup reflections in a hall of mirrors;reminds me of Ray Metzker's 'Composites'

Mission San Jose by Jon King-enigmatic doors....where do they lead?good control of light and shadow here too

Mick Fagan-another sterling portrait effort from Mick;I'm into high key right now too!

Driftwood by MattKing-Yes, I do notice and enjoy a theme in your cards. Share your pain about materials too-luckily I still have some Ektalure, APX 400 and Fortezo

Summer Is Over by Rudiger-a single leaf, just a single leaf has fallen [nice print too]

Skaters by Pete H- like, totally rad dude!

Bronze casting by Allen Friday-beautiful tones and the eye is drawn to the glowing metal in the centre of the image

The Witch Doctor Says... by RW Young-an APUGGER after a heavy night on the KRST...

Chinatown by FM2N-a classic and nicely printed piece of reportage

Todd's gas can by Buster 6x6-carefully observed and just as carefully printed;reminds me of a Lee Friedlander street scene

Glow In the dark by Tim Walls-you certainly have an offbeat eye and moody low key print too

Diana Diptych by Doug-moody streetscapes;could have been taken any time in the last 100 years
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Got kraker's mall shadows. The pattern the light & architecture creates is very interesting. I wish the malls around me looked that nice.
    Kate's marbles is amazing. The detail is incredible.I love how you can see the little imperfections in each. btw, thanks for marking it 'top' and 'bottom' I would've been turning it around for hours otherwise .

Black Dog, that's funny that you mention Bruce, the place I usually go to shoot is Asbury Park.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    3 more cards recently:
    Birger A. Mirrors in Reichstag in Berlin. Very cool but I can't tell if it is up or down or side for viewing. Which makes it very cool, looks good any direction.

Barry D. Shadow Portrait. I'm just wondering if this was shot in one of those cold NH nights (long exposure!)

And I really like Dianna M.'s running child. Very cool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yesterday gordrob's delapidated barn arrived. There's a good combination of textures with the grass, the barn itself and the clouds.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    Barry D. Shadow Portrait. I'm just wondering if this was shot in one of those cold NH nights (long exposure!).
    Actually, it was shot during a California night in the high desert. Not sure about the temperature.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    Yesterday gordrob's delapidated barn arrived. There's a good combination of textures with the grass, the barn itself and the clouds.

Thanks!
    Thanks for the comments Pete - I can't believe how fast it got to you overseas with all the Christmas mail in the postal systems. Six days - excellent service

Take care

Gord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Finally got mine out this past week, hope you guys like them!

best, erik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Donald Grindstaff's serene faced lion, really nice play of light and shadow , and as always exceptional image byB/W Kate with glass marbles that I positioned correctly before I have seen little note at the back.Well done. Post cards are getting better all the time.

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I still have the "old year's resolution" to catch up with all received postcards and say something about each of them here... I hope I can find some time for that soon.

Failing that, for now, I want to say a big thanks to all those who have sent me a card. And a big thanks for all comments received on my card. (BlackDog, I had to look up the meaning of "chiaroscuro" ).

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a largest amount of cards I ever received. Two more arrived today.
    kingjon's beautiful view of Tumon Bay, well framed,only post office slapped long white sticker , still a nice photo.erikg Good looking photo of Fort Plain NY, I love the format and always thought Mamiya 7 is a way to go for a range finder. I think this Fuji 6X9 is really good, very nice contrast and DOF. WoW.

Thanks guy's, what a exchange.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin