Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,876   Posts: 1,520,257   Online: 1122

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I sent my cards out yesterday. Sorry about the delay and thank you everyone for all of yours.

Cheers

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    Yesterday gordrob's delapidated barn arrived. There's a good combination of textures with the grass, the barn itself and the clouds.

Thanks!
    Wait! He mailed you a barn? I though we were just supposed to mail post cards!

And if you have his barn, where is gordrob going to keep his livestock now?

Sorry, just feeling silly this morning. Not enough sleep!

Thanks to all for the great postcards this time round!
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Once again, I'm hopelessly late... Gave colour a try this time - all went out today.

Thanks for the great selection of cards received and a Merry Christmas to all our readers

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rwyoung View Post
    Wait! He mailed you a barn? I though we were just supposed to mail post cards!

And if you have his barn, where is gordrob going to keep his livestock now?
    Yes, but there are so many holes in it that the livestock have already escaped!

Yesterday erikg's street scene arrived. It looks warmer than the snow here. Thanks erik!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I finally managed to sent my cards today. I hope they survive the Christmas rush hour at the postal services.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Although I'm still waiting to get 6 more cards, I'll post my comments on the ones I've received so far. In random order:

Peter Schrager made a nice photo of a (his?) swimming pool. It has a bit of a film noir touch, although I canít really tell why.
    Buster6x6 sent an image of a scrap yard with lots of details in it, I like to ĎToddís gas caní detail.
    erikgs photo of Fort Plain has a great tonality and depth. The telephone pole and traffic sign add a three dimensional sense to it.
    gordrobs card depicts an abandoned barn. The burning in of the sky produced a halo around the roof, which attracts your eye to the barn.
    Mark Fisher made a photo of a cute pig on a country fair. The Dover Inn got a pretty nice price for the hog!
    Mark Mombarg sent a dark and atmospheric image of a meat market in Beijing.
    Adams The Cyclone in Brooklyn looks a bit abandoned, but judging by the long shadows, perhaps it was still early in the morning.
    krakers Mall2 shows a complex light and shadow pattern. Very well seen!
    hal9000 sent a well executed street scene, thatís extremely detailed. Itís possible to read even the smallest signs with a magnifier!
    BirgerA made an abstract picture of the mirror effect in the Reichstag dome in Berlin. Itís hard to tell whatís top and bottom1
    tim_wallsí close-up of a light bulb indeed made me realise that enlarger bulbs are getting increasingly harder to obtain these days.
    Allen Fridays card shows a cool photo of two guys casting bronze. Despite the film (Delta 3200) and probably due to the format (6x9) thereís not much grain.
    bdial sent a photo of a paint-chipped door with a Ďprivateí sign on it. Nice texture and tonality.
    gphoto120 sent a classic beach scene of the tide coming in. Is it me or does the driftwood in the sand look like a dead bird or something?
    Jon King made a nice image of the entrance of a mission in San Antonio. Lovely tones!
    ericís photo made me laugh, the look on the dogís face means trouble! Very nice photo, great use of dof.
    Mick Fagan sent a lovely high key portrait, I especially like to skin tones against the white surroundings.
    MattKings toned driftwood image is beautiful. Iím sorry to hear that your stock of favourite paper is running out.
    Doug Smith made a really cool diptych with his Diana toy camera. I canít tell if it was shot directly in the sun or itís a full moon.
    Nicholas Lindans photo was a bit weird at first, the flamingoís neck is in front of its legs, well seen!
    Black Dogs card shows a still life, toned in selenium. Great idea to photograph items collected during your favourite walk.
    rst sent a beautiful photo of a leaf. I love the texture and tones, you can almost feel the brittle surface of the leaf.
    gr82bart sent me my first cyanotype Iíve seen in real life. Makes me want to try the process myself, very cool!
    Mike Wilde made the only color card Iíve received (so far). Although I always thought color printing was way more work than b&w, Iím sure itís a lot easier with your processor. Very nice image!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    Yes, but there are so many holes in it that the livestock have already escaped!
    The only livestock left in my life is a German Shepard and a Maine Coon cat. The rest escaped

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Got a couple more in the last few days:
    Geoff's shipyard wire. I love how abstract the tangled wire is.
    erik g's street. I like the lighting. Is there a racetrack nearby?
    Jon's shot of Tumon Bay. Now that's paradise compared to where I am.
    Buster6X6's what is the big unit the shovel is leaning against?
    valerie's branches & spider webs. medium format was an excellent choice for this shot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The rest of my cards are on their way! Sorry for being so late!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Folks,

OK got another batch of fantastic prints since my last post:
    • Unnamed postcard showing the Palast der Republik. Really cool space tower like out of a sci-fi movie.
    • A serene image of a lion from Donald.
    • Birger's reflections from Berlin. Really cool.
    • I really like the light bulb image from Tim. Don't think would have looked that great if the bulb were CFL though. LOL
    • Nice shot of the Coney Island Cyclone from Adam.
    • I really like the shot from Doug P. Very Kenna-esque! One more LOL.
    • Kraker - nice image of the mall reflections. Like this postcard a lot.
    • A rustic barn from Gord in Alberta. I've got to make another field trip up there again.
    • A 'street scene' from Fort Plain, NY by Erik G. I like images like this. Ture 'snapshot' of time and place. Really like this image a lot.
    • Tangled up wires or rope strands from Geoff.
    • Jon King sent an postcard of a mission door. Nice range in the postcard.
    Thanks for another great stack of cards everyone. Seriously, this is really outstanding and were just past half way done too. This means only more fantastic images to come!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin