Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,035   Online: 878

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 591011121314151617181920 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Received Tim's Lightbulb yesterday. Is the mesh to protect the bulb from being broken? I love how you can see the coils inside the bulb, and just a hint of the glass.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Running Child by Dianna M-another superb portrait with effective use of blur [and just one small but crucial patch of sharpness in the middle]
    Fort Plain by Ericg-reminiscent of LF and Walker Evans with lots of crisscrossing diagonals and blocks of space/tone within the frame
    Guam by Jon King-moody sky with clouds appearing to dwarf the buildings in the distance
    Marbles by BWKate-particularly enjoy the mini reflections within each marble and the assorted ways they catch the light
    Florida Pool by Peter Schrager-agree with previous comment about it reminding them of film noir!
    Wedding Dresses by Mark Mombarg-spooky and surreal;an impression enhanced by the lighting and printing
    Ring of Brodgar by Klinger-dramatic sky and subtle colour palette;sorry to hear about your flood losses
    All Good Pigs Go To Heaven by Mark Fisher-ROFL!
    Blue Village by PepMiro-not a treatment I'd have thought of for this image but very mmody;nice light and use of diagonals too
    Plastic Crabs by Stan160-what a funny lot they are on the other side of the channel. Les chiens fou et les Anglais, mes amis...
    Pillars by Art- a moody and dreamlike cyanotype
    Tree by Gmessarit-lovely subtle tones and contrasts of light/shade
    Barn by DRPsilver-moody sky and punchy tones
    Waller, TX by Randyman-the most enigmatic card so far, with its ladder that seems to lead nowhere....the sort of details you can so easily walk right past
    Wheelchair by Matthijs-and again!-the everyday can be so strange...
    Lake Jolster by Mikeg-great lowkey moody landscape;another surreal one like the previous two-why is the chair at the end of the jetty like that?
    Wheelie by Tim Gray-well spotted-just goes to show that chance favours a prepared mind!
    Thanks for a great bunch of cards, everybody.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marry Christmas everyone!
    Today I think I got the last two entries in this postcard exchange.tim_walls " light bulb" it reminds me of bulbs used in the last century with carbon filament . Very unique look.
    blackmelas "Orthodox priests" What a nice paper and developer combination. Well done. I really like the story behind it to, thanks James. I appreciate your comments on my entry.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I received cards from everyone...
    gmessarit - a tree in Ancient Olympia - gorgeous rich tones in the print!
    eric - Dang dog! nice expression on the dog and I like the square image.
    Geoff - scene from a shipyard, awesome composition.
    Valerie - scene from the kitchen - you absolutely captured the mood and light, so lovely - this is one of my favorites in the exchange.
    Donald Grindstaff - King of the jungle, with very nice rim lighting from the setting sun.
    kraker - mall scene, I like the patterns and geometry, too!
    unsigned - Berlin TV tower scene, I love getting postcards showing parts of the world I never see - very nice print, too!
    mattking - driftwood - Lovely sepia-toned 5x7 print on Polymax paper. I also used the last of my Polymax earlier this year... it was the first paper I ever printed on and I'll always remember the stacks and stacks of yellow boxes in the camera store...
    Ian - plastic crabs - great! I felt like I was there on a summer afternoon browsing the fair.
    klinger - scene from Orkney - the color print is very nice!
    blackdog - Malo's 3rd #1 - another one of my favorites - very nice mood and light.
    Jon - scene in Guam over water, nice! another part of the world that I've never seen.
    Randall - Waller, TX No. 1 - beautiful tones and textures!
    drpsilver - Evergreen Barn - wow, the sky, just marvelous!
    Mike Wilde - Toronto at Sundown - beautiful print, and I enjoyed reading the description of your workflow for this exchange.

I agree with the other comments that this exchange has been the best yet. I wish I'd signed up for 40+ instead of just 20!

Looking forward to the next round,
    Dianna

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Got blackmelas Greek Orthodox priest image. Great tones, and I love the story behind it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three cards have arrived over the last week:
    Thanks Bob F for the colour print. That's quite a challenge to take on colour printing and send out your first efforts.
    MikeG for the atmospheric lake. It looks very cold and wet!
    Valerie's foggy front yard. Square formats are very satisfying.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Got a card of a wheelchair in a subway station, I can't read the name. Surprisingly, the way it is mounted, survived the trip from the Netherlands. I like the backstory for it. And I love the lighting in it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Surprise ,surprise I got two more cards today.
    mikeg's Jolster lake dock pointing into a stormy clouds, I like the position of the chair, it is nicely braking symmetry of the shot. Well done.
    Valerie's Short DOF branch with the spiderweb, simple but appealing I like it. Frame around the image looks almost three dimensional?

Great round Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamKap View Post
    Got a card of a wheelchair in a subway station, I can't read the name. Surprisingly, the way it is mounted, survived the trip from the Netherlands. I like the backstory for it. And I love the lighting in it.
    That would be my card! I'm glad you like it. My only worry was indeed that the photo would come off the mounting paper, but luckily it didn't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matthijs, my copy of it came through intact too, I never would have expected a mounted print in the postcard exchange, it's lovely.

Thanks too to everyone for all the others. I suppose I should, but I don't keep track. But going to the mailbox is a great adventure.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin