Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,905   Posts: 1,555,845   Online: 841

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617181920 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
    That would be my card! I'm glad you like it. My only worry was indeed that the photo would come off the mounting paper, but luckily it didn't.
    Yeah, I was very surprised it came through intact, especially since my post office is know for destroying stuff.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    3 more cards just arrived:

Faversham Boatyard by Bob F-vg for a first attempt at colour printing!
    Orthodox Priests by Blackmelas-fascinating story behind it and good use of tonal contrast to fill the space. Thanks for the kind comments
    Kitchen by Valerie-subtle,quiet warm tones in a contemplative image of your domestic space-thanks also for the kind comment

Looking forward to the next round!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a nice end to the old year - two more cards arrived today.
    Thanks to Matthijs for the beautifuuly printed and mounted subway,
    and BWKate for the fascinating collection of marbles. I had great fun deciding which way was up before noticing the labels on the back.

Happy New Year to all!

Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent exit to the old 2007 year. I am hopping for even better 2008 for everyone connected to APUG and post card exchange.

Y'all have a happy and healthy new 2008 year and shoot more film then ever before.

Cheers Greg. eh!
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Hi all,

December was a pretty busy time for me and so I was very quiet. I want the thank everyone for sending the cards, I will post some more comments later.

I just started the sign-up thread for the next round which might not yet be on your radar screen: Postcard Exchange Round 13

ciao
    -- Ruediger

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    OK,

I got a hint that there are still people waiting for cards from this and the last round. Because people might step back from this exchange because they feel fooled, I think we should address this problem. I am not sure about the best way to do this. Cards can get lost on their way, so I would not like to have anyone blamed in the public.

I would propose to give those late comers a bit more time. But in the end I would ask those participants who miss a huge amount of cards to send be a list of those people and I will collect that data and send out reminders.

There might be better ideas about how to deal with this and I am open for suggestions.

Thanks to all participants who already sent their cards and thanks to all participants who are going to send their cards.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

About cards not received.

I've done some statistics about the cards I do and I don't received:

I should have received 38 cards
    I have received 33 cards
    Percentage of acomplishement: 86,8%

I find this percentage quite reasonable, atending that some cards perhaps are lost in the trip.

On the other hand, atending the messages in the forum, I think I will receive at least another 2 cards. In that case, the percentage of acomplishement would be 92,1%.

About previous rounds, my statistics are:

Round #11:
    Number of postcards ----> 41
    Received --------------> 35
    Percentage of acomplishement ----> 85,4%

Round #10:
    Number of postcards ----> 43
    Received --------------> 39
    Percentage of acomplishement ----> 90,7%

Round #9:
    Number of postcards ----> 31
    Received --------------> 27
    Percentage of acomplishement ----> 87,1%

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have received 24/38 postcards so far.

Regards, Art
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have posted in the other thread (the round#13 sign up) that I just mailed my last 8 cards and who those recipents were to be. They are Art, gmessarit, gphoto120, hal9000, kraker, randyman, stan160, and Tim Walls. Sorry they were so late but I was working quite alot this season and basically only had Christmas Eve day, Christmas, and New Year's Day off.
    I am very happy with this round. I have received 29 postcards of the list of 30 I had.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    MikeG for the atmospheric lake. It looks very cold and wet!
    It was! We went on holiday to Norway for 2 weeks last July/August -- sadly the weather was like that for 10 of the 14 days .

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin