Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,719   Online: 816

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8121314151617181920 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doh. Was cleaning/organizing and found 3 others I had misplaced earlier. Make that 34/38.

blackmelas: Priests @ Ancient Corinth - great contrast, intrigued by the one in front looking the other way.
    Bob F: Thames sailing barge - great job on the color (I've never printed color before), wonderful lines and shapes here
    mikeg: Lake Jølster - the somber tones complement the lonely chair at the end of the pier

Thanks, everyone!

Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been remiss about commenting on all the fine cards I have received. I sent out 24, and so far have 21 in return. Here are my comments:

1. dianna m: young dancer - fascinating capture of movement - and I love the Mickey Mouse stamp!
    2. Bob F.: working in the rigging - thanks for the colour Bob
    3. BWKate: - all the marbles - a neat subject, and a great print - thanks for the kind words Kate about mine
    4. kraker: - patterns of light - beautiful patterns, well caught - glad you liked mine Jacco
    5. donald grindstaff: lion - nice kitty, and great light and print
    6. geoff: shipyard cable detail - really great tangles
    7. gmessarit: Tree in Olympia - great framing, and wonderful contrast between the focussed, and the out of focus
    8. eric: "Dang Dog! - the eyes say so much!
    9. PepMiro: - Catalonia - is this a blue toned contact print? it is marvellous
    10. hal9000 - "palast der Republik" - the print glows, and the subject fascinates
    11. drpsilver: "Evergreen Barn" - this print has great weight Darwin
    12. randyman: - "Waller Texas, No. 1" - wonderful textures
    13. bdial - "Reflections" - this looks great, especially upside down
    14. stan160: - "Southsea funfair" - these plastic crabs are on the march!
    15. Tim Gray - "Wheelie" - the sign glows, and the young man moves!
    16. Black Dog - "Undercliffs Still Life 1" - interesting objects and a wonderful tone
    17. Klinger - "Ring of Brodgar" - an evocative and moody colour print, and the artifact left by the post office makes it look even more mysterious
    18. Matthijs - "Subway Wheelchair" - a great image, moodily printed
    19. KingJon - "Tumon Bay" - a very nice tropical image
    20. blackmelas - "Festival" - exotic and the print glows
    21. Mike Wilde - "Toronto Skyline" - another great colour print

Thanks to all. It has been a great round.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by randyman View Post
    ... intrigued by the one in front looking the other way.
    Yeah, he was interesting. It was a warm evening at the end of June especially for those in long robes and black wool hats. I have some good shots of some bald headed priests with long ponytails and top knots after taking their hats off. The priest you mention has his hat off and his raybans and kept talking throughout the ceremony (gossip goes on regularly during any liturgy in Greece and this one was no exception)
    Thanks for your comments and to all for the best round ever.
    Best regards,
    James

Shooter
    35mm

cards received

Now that the semster is finally over I can look at all of the cool postcards I have received. The first one I got was a cyanotype, beautiful, thank-you, Art.
    2-was the barn from drpsilver anothe great card, thanks!
    3-was the ladder from Waller TX. thanks, Randall.
    4-the kid on a bike from Tim. A very nice night shot (and why was the kid out at midnight?)Thank-you.
    5-the piggy from Mark F. I'm guessing he did go to Heaven too. thanks!
    6-This is one of my favorites, the pool from Peter S. so dark and shiny!
    7-Crabs of plastic, a really cool shot. how big were they? Thanks Ian.
    8- A COLOR postcard most impressive! Thanks, Klinger btw, nice stamps too! If this was b&w I would never have seen the person, I like it.
    9- In a Silent Way, arrived almost without the label, it was barely hanging on, very nice, thanks, Jake!
    10-a diptych from a diana, very nice, thanks Doug.
    11-Bronze Casting, I took I swear- the same picture! Thanks, Allen.
    12-we went to Chinatown in NY and I missed this! Very nice, thanks, Arthur
    13-I will do as the Witchdoctor says and use more film, thanks rwyoung.
    14-Todd's Gas Can, really awesome print, Thanks Greg.
    15-a real -surprise, a blue tinted card! thanks this is beautiful Josep.
    16-A young lady with great contrast, thanks, Mick.
    17-Naked tree trunks, a very neat night shot, thanks Kathy.
    18- Beijing, I feel like they are playing poker, it's the look on her face, thanks Mark for a rather spooky card.
    19-Skater in Paris, wow- very nicely framed! thanks Pete H.
    20-a Leaf beautifully printed, thankyou Ruediger.
    21-Driftwood -I'm sad you are out of Kodak paper, I had just decided I really liked when they discontinued it. Thanks for the lovely card Matt.
    22-this tree is awesome, thanks George (Selective focus is the best!)
    23-San Jose Mission, I really like the way you printed this, thank-you Jonathan.
    24-The Cyclone, I want to go on it! Thanks Adam, I am enjoying it.
    25-Mall2/Patterns2 you captured the light just beautifully, thankyou Jacco.
    26-Reichstag mirrors, I can't decide which way is up, very nice, thank-you Birger.
    27-Reflections, like an impressionist painting, beautiful, thank-you Barry.
    28-The Lion. um, how close were you? Very nice and much closer than I ever plan to be to a lion. Thanks Donald!
    29-at first I thought it was a man made sculpture of twisted vines, but no, it's wire, really interesting to look at, thank-you Geoff.
    30-the Wheelchair, I can't believe it made it mounted, very nice print too, thank-you Matthijs.
    31-Ancient Corinth, really nice and what a contrast to the last one. I got more comments at school from your image in the last round, I haven't taken these yet, we start school next week. thank-you James.
    32-Wait, a hand printed COLOR postcard!? this is awesome! thanks Bob! tell me how you did this, I keep thinking about trying.....
    33-Glass still life, this is quite lovely, thank-you Kate.
    This all I have recieved so far, I never get as many as I send, but postcards do get lost. BTW mine were mailed yesterday so I bet nobody got one yet! I had them printed a long time ago and labeled, just never made it to the post office. My bad!
    Lynda

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your postcard when it arrives Lynda will make my sending and receiving at 100%!! Yippee....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm starting to worry; absolutely 100% of my cards went out, but I've not seen mine on lists I would have expected to see 'em on... I know Christmas post is slow, but a month is starting to look bad - all I can say is I definitely sent them, honest!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    32-Wait, a hand printed COLOR postcard!? this is awesome! thanks Bob! tell me how you did this, I keep thinking about trying.....
    Easy peasy... I have uploaded a copy to the Gallery with processing info. If I can do it, anyone can. No special gear required (unless like me you are somewhat colour-blind, in which case a white or neutral grey area in the print and a colour reflection densitometer come in handy )...

Tim Walls: I received your pic of the lamp in a Covent Garden pub (good choice of location!) - randyman notes it a few pages back too.

Oh yes, I'm 38/38 so many thanks all!

Have fun, Bob.
    Last edited by Bob F.; 01-10-2008 at 05:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate View Post
    Your postcard when it arrives Lynda will make my sending and receiving at 100%!! Yippee....
    No, mine is also on its way to you.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim Walls,
    I really enjoyed your pic of the light bulb that you took while in a pub in Covent Garden! It makes me want to check out whether I can still get some enlarger bulbs for some of the enlargers in the cooperative darkroom that I help with.

RST,
    Yours is a bonus!!!!

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tim-got yours as well [IIRC I mentioned it a few pages back].
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin