Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,091   Online: 1149

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just got Art's card today as well. Wasn't expecting a cyanotype

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Art,

I'll send Mary Jane an infrared image on a postcard. I just found out about HIE being discontinued and I've set aside a day of mourning. Man, this is such a bummer. This film has been so important to me for so long that I'm pretty upset. I think I'll talk to Kraker about the Rollei version of HIE.
    I better order as much HIE as I can afford.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just received Art's cyanotype today - this is this first card I have received and my first postcard exchange as well! Great image! Thanks so much.
    gphoto120

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Glad I still have a few rolls of HIE in the fridge-I'll dig out a neg done on the 5x4 version [RIP]. Posting about 30 cards today and tomorrow and just a few left to print now. Looking forward to recieving the next lot!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Received randyman's card today.... and taken just "down the road" a bit! Great image, Randall. Thank you!
    Thank you for the feedback, Valerie. This is my first exchange on here, and I am looking forward to seeing everyone's cards.

Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received Mike Wilde's postcard yesterday. Thanks for your kind comment about my photos in B&W. It' such a treat to get a colour image in this exchange and I enjoyed this one. It came relatively unmarred.
    I'm still reeling about Hie being discontinued and will continue to be in mourning.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received the first 3 cards today:
    Mike Wide's Toronto skyline. I like the subdued colours.
    George's (gmessarit) random tree, with an interesting dof.
    Tim Gray's cyclist - great fun!

Thanks all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    3 more fantastic cards!!
    Tim Gray's wheelie kid
    Art's cyanotype
    DRPSilver's Evergreen Barn

These are all absolute treasures!
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And here they come! I suspect Valerie and I will receive our cards on a nearly identical schedule, given our proximity. So, ditto the above. Can't wait to see more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Printed, signed and "stickered" them today to go out Monday...mine is another in the series of County Fairs in the Midwest (US).

I also wanted to share a little of what I've learned after being in a bunch of these exchanges:
    I'm finding it really interesting how I am selecting negatives. I have a lot of negatives that I can make good prints from, but some of them take a fair amount of work to print. Beyond being a good image, I tend to choose negatives that I can print in one setting of the timer. In this case, I had the base exposure and a partial dodge in the middle of the print. In other negatives, I've has a base exposure with a couple of edge burns. I'm always willing to crop a little. Sometimes I've toned prints, but RC paper isn't the greatest for that.

I've also found that a simple 2 bladed easel works pretty well, but I keep thinking that I'll make a speed-easel for the postcard size. I keep thinking of doing simple 4x5 contact prints on 4x5 paper or as a VDB or cyanotype..., but I still have a lot of county fair pics I want to share! I still haven't figured out how to easily print out address labels though!

Anyone else have something to share about how they select negatives, print for postcards, etc?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin