Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,499   Posts: 1,571,573   Online: 1149

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark,

I tend to also choose negatives that are easy to print and don't require extensive burning and dodging. I like to keep it simple because I usually print all my postcards in one session. It's all the writing I do on the postcards that take all the time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark, I select a negative that can be at worst requiring either a single dodge or burn, or at best a straight print.

My current selection which I printed a week ago in 58 minutes, is a single straight exposure.

For an easel, I use a piece of chip board. The flat chipboard has two pieces of timber nailed to two sides that are raised 5mm above the chipboard surface. I simply slide the paper into the corner, expose then change it quickly with the next one. This chipboard easel has paper sizes from postcard through to 12 x 16" marked in a ball point pen. I use this almost exclusively with RC paper. The base has four rubber feet attached, this stops it slipping on my enlarger baseboard

If I was making an easel today I would use MDF, as this material appears to have replaced chipboard, which was all the go 25 years ago when I whacked this easel up.

Like Kate, I find the time taken to hand write the addresses is a bit of a time thing. I tried to pull the file into Excel and print out address labels, but somehow it won't work for me. It's not an issue, I just do a few cards each evening until they are all done, mine will go out this week.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would like to address the label making . I use Avery #5160 (30) labels.
    Down load Avery printing wizard from there site. Then I go to Microsoft Word
    call the wizard and start entering addresses. It takes about an hour for 50 labels.

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    Like Kate, I find the time taken to hand write the addresses is a bit of a time thing. I tried to pull the file into Excel and print out address labels, but somehow it won't work for me.
    To pull the addresses into Excel I added the line notation to the PMs. You will have to copy that part of the PM into an Ascii text editor like notepad (not Word or other word processors). Then in Excel in the open dialog window choose that text file and Excel will realize that this is a plain text file and ask for separators (in this case use the semicolon as a separator). After that you will have all addresses as lines in an Excel table. How to proceed from there ... I do not know since I am not familiar with Excel.

I entered the address data into my address book on my Mac. From round to round I have to add fewer addresses because we have a good amount of regulars in the postcard exchange. The labels are then created via a serial letter which I combine with the address data in a word processor.

I know a good stamp maker in Australia and I will handwrite my cards as soon as I will do my postcards on FB paper and have my postcard stamp ready.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you saw my handwriting, you'd understand why I don't handwrite my cards! I think I'll make a speed easel this winter. Thanks for the hint on bringing the file into notepad then into excel. I tried to paste it into word and use the label template with no luck. I'm always surprised how fast I can print the cards and how much time it takes to do all the other stuff......

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to add for those interested ,with word processor you can add pictures or diffrent fonts.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0882.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	9050

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the mailmerge function in WordPerfect to do a lot of different things, including APUG postcards.

It lets me do the labels in a readable way. Then I add a handwritten flourish of some sort, just because it seems better.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    11 Nov 2007

To All:

This is my first experience in any sort of "print exchange". When sign-up time came I could not contain my enthusiasm. I have sent my postcards out, and have begun receiving some. This is such a cool experience! I look forward to seeing more wonderful images.

In all the years I have used Ilford postcard stock I have never seen it damaged in the mail. The first example of this is the card I received from Randall M. A very nice image of the "regular world around us" with as big white mark in the middle of the print. It is obvious that the card had been abraded by something when in the mail.

Regards,
    Darwin

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    ... In all the years I have used Ilford postcard stock I have never seen it damaged in the mail. The first example of this is the card I received from Randall M. A very nice image of the "regular world around us" with as big white mark in the middle of the print. It is obvious that the card had been abraded by something when in the mail.
    Well, I receive a lot of cards which look somehow worn after their travel from overseas. That is bad for the picture but in some sense makes the cards also more interesting because it contributes to the feel about how far the card is coming from. So in my opinion this is also a bit of the fun. And this is the reason why I send my own card to myself via the post office. It is more authentic

ciao
    -- Ruediger

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fisher View Post
    I'm always surprised how fast I can print the cards and how much time it takes to do all the other stuff......
    That is an exact description about my surprise every time a new round starts.

ciao
    -- Ruediger
    Last edited by rst; 11-12-2007 at 02:36 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: make a whole sentence

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin