Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,400   Online: 728

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    11 Nov 2007

Ruediger:

Regarding your question on "how to proceed ..." once the address data is in MS Excel. One can copy the entire block of data from MS Excel into MS Word using "Paste Special" in MS Word. When pasting the data into MS Word a dialog box will ask for the format to paste the data. I think you want to select Rich Field Text (RFT). It should be pasted into Word as a table. Once you have a table you can use MailMerge to create labels. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Darwin

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    Regarding your question on "how to proceed ..." once the address data is in MS Excel. One can copy the entire block of data from MS Excel into MS Word using "Paste Special" in MS Word. When pasting the data into MS Word a dialog box will ask for the format to paste the data. I think you want to select Rich Field Text (RFT). It should be pasted into Word as a table. Once you have a table you can use MailMerge to create labels. Hope this helps.
    Hey Darwin, thanks for the description, which I could not give since I am not using Excel and Word (how could I since I am running a Mac). The only thing I tried was to test how I can import the data into Excel. From there I can not be of any help. I have not had a look at it, but maybe next time I send the address data as vCards which you then can import into your address book application. But maybe I will stick with what I have because it seems to work well in this round. No corrections had to be send out so far - pretty surprising to me.

Hey, and before I forget, I already received three cards:
    Tim Gray sent a very funny street photo for round13 (he seems to be ahead of time). George sent an "olympic tree", thanks for that. And I got the XXL Toronto Skyline from Mike Wilde in color which I appreciate very much since I had my first color experience a month ago and I know how hard it could be to get especially a "sundown-color" right. Well at least it was hard for me

Thanks to all of you. My cards are printed and they will go out ... soon.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, since people are getting my cards and can even read my handwriting, I must be doing something right .

I've mailed most of the postcards, I've received Tim's and Art's cards (thanks!), now looking forward to receiving the rest. I will upload the photo to the postcard gallery at the end of December, when hopefully it won't spoil the surprise for anyone. (but can't find the link, can somebody post it plz?)

Thank you everybody!

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gmessarit View Post
    ... I will upload the photo to the postcard gallery at the end of December, when hopefully it won't spoil the surprise for anyone. (but can't find the link, can somebody post it plz?)
    Here you go: Postcard gallery

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First prints received this week:
    - one cyanotype from Art. My first thought was a close-up of pieces on a chess board, but on second thought it wasn't really that close-up.
    - one colour print from Mike; quite a surprise, the first colour print I have ever received in an APUG print exchange. Something special.

I have a few negatives in mind that I want to try for this exchange, but I haven't found the time yet to print them.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well ,I have finished printing post cards today. And they will go out tomorrow.
    Today I received my first cards from:drpsilver"Evergreen barn" Very nice composition. What camera did you use 6X6? Film and developer? What paper developer? Thanks.
    And second came from Tim Gray Very interesting night shot, hardly any grain . Well done.

The fun has began.

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't been in the darkroom in a week because I'm still reeling from the news about Kodak HIE being discontinued. Have to get in and print my postcards when the mourning isn't so severe.

Received Art's gorgeous cyanotype print made from an image taken in London that almost looks like giant chess pieces but I think it's a stone railing of some kind. Another unique card I get to show my friends and family. Would really like to go to Ft. Collins but am planning a trip to Disneyland for my son and I so I can fulfill my dream of photographing another Gehry building with whatever HIE I have left. We will see how things go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cards were printed yesterday and mailed today. Please let me know if you are on my list and do not receive a card.

Cheers Greg

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, today I received 5 cards!
    This time people were prepared. First was gmessarit with selective focus tree image. Very interesting , I would like to find out George what camera film and paper did you use, paper developer? It make it easier to relate to the print, Thanks.
    #2 Stan160 Plastic crabs on display at the fun fair in Portsmouth. Interesting play of light and shadow. #3 "Achnahaird 1" .Smell of the ocean and solitude. Well done Black Dog thanks. #4 Waller TX, No1. Good composition and the texture is striking. Again I would like to know what equipment did you use camera ,film, film developer paper developer?Thanks Randall.
    #5 Artsy image from gr82bart very nice. How long does take you to do 40 prints like that? This one is a keeper.

Thanks Greg

Buster6X6

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Mailed my cards today...

Kathy

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin