Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,496   Online: 990

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster6X6 View Post
    #4 Waller TX, No1. Good composition and the texture is striking. Again I would like to know what equipment did you use camera ,film, film developer paper developer?
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate View Post
    Got the most amazing postcard of several different kinds of texture by Randall Murrow or randyman. I am assuming you took this in Texas somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    Randall Murrow's Waller TX looks slightly warmtone to me. Did you tone it, or which developer did you use?

Been away from the forum for a few days. Thank for the nice comments.
    @Greg: Pentax 645, Tri-X, developed in Sprint chemistry used by my school lab.

@Kate: yes, Waller TX is about an hour's drive or so outside of Houston. Spent the better part of this Labor Day with my partner and a friend shooting in the town and the surrounding countryside. Nice to get out of the city for a change.

@Pete: no toning, paper is the pearl Ilford postcard stock. I noticed the warm color myself, as it differed significantly from a previous printing on neutral tone Ilford 8x10. Developed in Sprint's QuickSilver developer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    If anyone wants to send a postcard with a note of support to Kodak, write to:

Mary Jane Hellyar
    President Film Products Group
    Eastman Kodak Company
    343 State Street
    Rochester, New York 14650

Hopefully, people will take this opportunity to be supportive of Kodak and demonstrate to her that there is a market for traditional film products. Here's her bio: http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...00688a8023249d

All mine are in the mail. I asked Mary Jane to sign up for an APUG membership too. Cross our fingers.

Regards, Art.
    I sent my cards out today, including one to Ms. Hellyar.

As I said on the included note, it was a somewhat bittersweet experience.

The shot was photographed on Kodak Plus-X film and developed in Kodak HC110 developer. The prints were developed in Kodak Polymax T developer, and subsequently toned in Kodak Sepia II developer. And the paper? That was the bittersweet part. I just about used up the last batch of Kodak paper I had - in this case Polymax RC III. Thus bringing to an end 40+ years of using almost exclusively (until just very recently) Kodak Black and White photographic paper.

I am a little sad, but not desolate. I have a fair amount of Ilford paper that I've purchased recently, Kentmere interests me, and I see some of the new Seagull around to. I just wish the change was due to a desire to experiment, rather than a necessity.

I hope everyone who receives one of my postcards enjoys them.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My cards have gone out today, also including ones to Ms Hellyar and Simon Galley. I like and use many Ilford products (film, chemistry and paper) but these days unfortunately few of Kodak's surviving products interest me. I wish it were otherwise ...

I didn't put the technical details on the card. If you are interested, I sent out 3 different shots all from the same roll of Acros, shot with a Contax G2 & 28mm f/2.8 Biogon, exposures around 1/1000 s at f/4. I suspect that it was developed in DD-X (wouldn't swear to that) and the prints were developed in Agfa Neutol WA.
    Last edited by Pete H; 11-19-2007 at 07:53 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added technical details.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received Mark Fisher'spostcard today. Poor little piggy. Like you said all good pigs go to heaven. Great series, Mark. Enjoyed it very much.
    I'm off to the darkroom tonight if I'm not too tired to print my postcards in one go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received Mick Fagan's well-executed high key portrait and Klinger's ring of standing stones.

Thanks!
    Pete H

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Hey,

my cards went on their way yesterday. The lady in the post office is no longer surprised if I show up every once in a while with a huge pile of postcards. I hope you will enjoy it.

So far I received around 13 cards and will comment on them as soon as I have a bit more time. All great cards.

Thanks and ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Folks,

My parents have received 11 fantastic postcards. Both were fine photographers in their own day and were the ones that got me into this mess in the first place. They are loving the images and the cards and think this postcard exchange is wonderful.

OK, so ...
    • Selective focus tree from George in Greece. I like the matte finish.
    • Amusing army of crabs from Ian.
    • Mark sent out an image of one of my fav animals - a pig. This is also the second image of a pig I've gotten this month in exchanges.
    • Tim managed to catch a local kid wheeling about on a bike.
    • I really like the image that Randall from TX sent.
    • The flamingo Nicolas sent is very peculiar - where are the legs?!?
    • I always like images that Greg sends. Lots of 'stuff' in the images.
    • Peter, I'll be visiting soon and want to see more of Florida's sights.
    • Yeah! A rare colour postcard from Klinger of the Ring of Brodgar on Orkney. Added bonus is that he's licked on some interesting $0.03 philately too.
    • Arthur's (great name!) street candid of the local fishmongers in NYC Chinatown is also the stuff I like to shoot.
    • My GAWD! Another colour postcard. And of the Toronto skyline too. Very nice mood.

Thanks everyone from me and my parents.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would like to join this post card exchange i am based in australia, can someone help me?

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    I would like to join this post card exchange i am based in australia, can someone help me?
    Hi Stephen,
    the sign up for the next round will be opened January 2008. As for "rules", please take a look into this thread which describes what it is all about and also lists the next schedules.

It is a lot of fun.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Woo hoo! 6 cards in the post today!

Doug Smith's diptych works really well,
    There is an anonymous swimming pool from Florida,
    Greg Dejanovic's gas can uses the same storage arrangement as my garden shed,
    A wonderful legless flamingo from Nicholas Linden - I never knew they could balance on their beaks like that
    A posing pig from Mark Fisher. I hope you post some more from the series at APUG.
    Kathy Whitmore's trees at night have lovely rich tones.

This is already another good round - thank you all!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin