Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,826   Online: 955

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    3 more came to my house this holiday (Thanksgiving here in America).
    Mark's Great Wall. Very nice
    MattKing's Driftwood. Interesting color. That's a lot of work for a postcard!
    Ridger? Looks like a Maple leaf takent with an SL66 -- This is my wife's favorite so far.

I seem to have sent a lot of postcards to The Netherlands. Such a great collection of traditional photographers for a small country! That's great.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    Ridger? Looks like a Maple leaf takent with an SL66 -- This is my wife's favorite so far.
    Hi Eric, it is not maple, it is Parthenocissus quinquefolia or virginia creeper. Here in Germany it is called Wilder Wein.

Our neighbors cover half of their house with it and it looks beautiful in autumn but in the end it seems that all those leafs make it into our backyard, which is not a problem because it means more models for images like this

ciao
    -- Ruediger

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Wow, what a great round and I already received a whole pile of cards. I like them all, each on its own. I already commented on the cards from Tim Gray, Mike Wilde, and George (gmessarit). Here are some more:

Pep Miro sent a blue toned, very atmospheric Catalonian village.

Peter Schrager was so kind to send a Florida pool image to me in cold and wet Germany. Thank you

Gas prices are on a rise, so Greg (Buster6x6) sent me "Todd's gas can".

Then I got the "Great Wall", sent right out of The Netherlands from Mark Mombarg.

Pete H showed me guys jumping higher than Notro Dame in Paris.

eric sent Dang Dog, very funny. This dog looks like "Do you really want to take that photograph?"

Stan160 sent me plastic crabs. Funny. I will watch out for this crab crap when I am in New England next year.

Jake Williams sent me a mirror, but I can not see myself in it, next time Jake, please fokus correctly

Randall Murrow (randyman) sent an abstrct pattern made by concrete, rust and wood.

Then there was this nice Flamingo sent by Nicholas Lindan. You were in Luisenpark, that is a 30 minutes drive from where I live. And now this Luisenpark Flamingo has to come from Ohio to me ...

Mark Fisher sent another County Fair image. I was afraid that in the first run of my program I was not in your group and that I would miss an image in that series. But then Klinger joint in late and that changed the grouping to my advantage

Pete Klinger sent the Ring of Brodgar, one of the rare color cards. Looks good to me. And also thank you for the other image which I also like, even more than Ring of Brodgar

And Mick Fagan sent a high key portrait which I already knew from last years Tuebingen get-together. It also works good in this small format. You knew that I liked it, so I assume that you chose this negative just for me

Ehhh, and some rst sent a boring leaf. Go back to the funny cards for the next round.

Have fun and ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Just a quick note to say thank you all so much for including me in this postcard round, as always I have enjoyed waiting for the post and am in awe of the ingenuity, creativity and quality of your work.

All postcards received by myself are put up on the notice board behind reception at HARMAN technology so all our staff have the opportunity to look at your work.

Two prints so far this year I was especially taken with are 'all good pigs go to heaven' by Mark from the USA and Pete H's print of 'leaping Notre Dame' .

Once again, many thanks

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    my 25 cards went out today - I hope they arrive safe and sound and hope that at least some people like them!
    Cheers from Berlin
    Hal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a quick note to tell you I have just finished printing the cards for this round.
    Now I just need some time to write all of them... I'll post a note when I've put them in the mail.

I've already received many great postcards; if I can find some time, I'll post some individual comments. Let me mention already that they are all very good, thanks!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those kids have more guts then brain, a Pete . An amazing capture from Pete H. from streets of Paris. Wonderful.

Keep them coming

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got Jon King's shot of Mission San Jose. For a second there, it made me think it was the same place I shot at last month, then I looked at the back and saw it was half a country away.

Also I just posted all my cards today.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The deadline is coming and I got a little bogged down at work and with Thanksgiving visitors. I'll be printing and posting soon however. This has been one of the best rounds in which I've participated. Thanks to all who have sent them already.
    Best regards,
    James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today I received hal9000's 'Palast der Republik' or at least, that part of it which is still standing. It looked a bit different last time I was there, in 1989.

Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin