Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,159   Online: 804

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A new card arrived today, from Andorra this time.
    I therefore believe that it is PepMiro (Josep) who has sent me two nice swans.

Thanks

Birger A.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got the swans, too. Thanks! I really appreciate that you signed the card by hand :-) !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Out they went last Saturday. Only signed up for 20 this time because I've just got too many things going on right now! This is both bad and good I suppose. Bad because I'll only get 20 this time round. Good because it means I'm not sitting around bored.

I'll post a scan of the card in a week or so.

I've gotten three or four cards so far but I don't have the list here. Thanks to all, this round and previous rounds!
    Last edited by rwyoung; 02-26-2008 at 03:02 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added thanks
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received Mick Fagan's postcard of his houseguest. I think it's a photo of Jesse the pocket rocket, right? She looks a little more relaxed in this image. Very nice portrait. I'm not so good at portraits so I do appreciate a good one. I would like to start taking portraits and there is certainly lots of inspiration here on Apug!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    26 Feb 2008

I received three more cards yesterday, two today.

The card from Colin (photobizzz) is of interest because I have never seen this part of the world (outside news reports). Thank you for the card and your efforts in Iraq.
    The card from Todd Haines (astroclimb) strikes me as very moody. I like the silhouette with detail. Wonderfully done.
    The card from Rachelle (mooseontheloose) is a wonderful testament to HIE.
    The card form Josep (PepMiro) of two swans is so peaceful.
    Rwyoung's card harkens back to a time before lenses and glass. Just a hole in a peice of foil.

Thanks to all for a wonderful round so far.

Regards,
    Darwin

P.S. Is anyone from this exchange attending Foto3 in June? I will be attending all three days.
    Last edited by drpsilver; 02-26-2008 at 04:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ive received so many cards thanks to all those who have sent me a card I am going to put them on my work fridge this week :-)
    I hope you enjoy mine. Im very much looking forward to round 14.

~Steve Frizza
    The Lighthouse Lab

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Josep's photo arrived today...beautiful scene of two swans, almost looks like a vintage print.

I have to admit that I didn't know where Andorra was, so I looked it up and started reading. Fascinating!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Posted all my cards Monday. Received six wonderful cards over the last week and a half from:

PeteH Blustery Oslo harbor
    PeteS double exposure in VT. Get's more interesting every time I look at it
    Darwin's Door great tonal range
    Mick Fagan portrait of his attractive house guest
    Buster6X6's Barn still life. Excellent tone and texture.
    Black Dog's Intriguing lighting in shot of his house.

It seems the cards get better every round and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.
    Thanks,
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Recveived 3 cards in the last couple of days:
    Mick Fagan's Jesse. I'm impressed that you & she have the patience for large format portraits.
    Rachelle's Alsatian castle. Dark moody castle set against bright landscape. RIP HIE.
    Josep Miro's swans. I like the tonality. What paper is it?

Many thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Got 3 more cards:
    pepMiro's swans, great tone's.
    mooseontheloose's ruins. I love the grain.
    Couldn't read the signature, but it's of the cross. Great tones as well. I love the clouds in the background.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin