Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,764   Online: 962

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Todd Haines' card arrived today. It's very atmospheric.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I got the swans from pepMiro and Mick's portrait of Jesse and ozphoto's Thai ruins taken with a kodak folding junior 620 The lightleaks add to that shot nicely.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Got 2 more today:
    Doug's Madison Square park, the HIE is great for this shot. Sadly, the post office kinda scratched out the center, where the two people are, with their sorting machines.
    FM2N's church. That tree looks great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two more cards today:
    1: Mick Fagan With a very appealing portrait of Jessy. She is so photogenic. Well done. Mick you did not elaborate what paper and developer did you use? Film?
    2: ozphoto Ayuttaha Ancient capitol of Thailand.Very nice contrast between dark and lit coulombs. You should fix a light leak on your camera,really nice contrasty lens though.

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster6X6 View Post
    Two more cards today:
    1: Mick Fagan With a very appealing portrait of Jessy. She is so photogenic. Well done. Mick you did not elaborate what paper and developer did you use? Film?
    2: ozphoto Ayuttaha Ancient capitol of Thailand.Very nice contrast between dark and lit coulombs. You should fix a light leak on your camera,really nice contrasty lens though.

Cheers Greg
    Hi Greg,
    the camera is fine......it's the operator who has the problems!

Cheers,
    Nanette

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the portrait of Jesse in the backyard has created interest. I have received a few requests via email, some via pm, even one telephone call from overseas, as well as some very nice comments from this thread. I’m flattered, thankyou very much. Most wished to know, how this portrait was done.

Jesse was one of our houseguests early last year and late last year. We (my wife and I) have a rule, we always photograph houseguests. Some houseguest pictures are great, some are not so great, and some are pure records.

The third photo session with Jesse, was on a very warm summer day just before Christmas, a few days before she was leaving. She had some ideas, I had some ideas and my wife had ideas.

I ran three rolls of film through my F3 over a period of about an hour with different lenses and set-ups. The final part of the day was with a 4x5 and we shot 4 sheets of TMax 100, this picture was the final sheet and also the final picture of a very successful day.

We (all three of us) really had a fun time, final pictures are nearly always the best, everyone is relaxed, and we all know the routine. With LF pictures that include people, I find it is nice to have a situation where the subject can relax and be in a position whereby they can hold still easily during the exposure and not move too much between setting focus, and tripping the shutter.

That is why the picture has her resting on a garden table. The light is filtered sunlight coming through the trees in the background, there is no reflector, I let the background highlights blow out and burnt them in a bit in the darkroom.

Shen Hao 4x5 with a Fujinon 150 lens, TMax 100 1/8 of a second @ f22. There was a ½ stop bellows factor. The film was exposed in the landscape format, my prints are landscape, but this paper size requires me to print this in a portrait format.

Film was developed in D76 1+1 (rotary).

The print itself was interesting, it is a straight print, but there was a 1/16 of a stop difference between a good print and a bad print. If I printed 1/16 of a stop more, her face was perfect, but her hair went really dark and detail became like that immediately above her eyes, almost black.

By pulling the exposure 1/16 of a stop, her hair retained detail, but the highlights on her cheekbones and across the bridge of the nose are almost lost and blown out. This is the print, all of you have!

Mick.

Ps:- I'll add the picture to my gallerie shortly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Nanette for the explanation I know all about it *sh..* happens.
    Mick thank you for the run down of the methods and materials used. It is always nice to compare.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Three more cards came this week.

New Mexico Passion from Todd Haines: very strong and moody image, the clouds are fantastic too.
    Ayutiana from OzPhoto: a nice shot especially with the funky edges, makes me wish I still had my folder (stolen!)
    Democratic Moonrise from Pete H: ok, now I'm really sold on Delta 3200...great night image!
    Thanks guys!

Katherine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rob Young's pinhole fencepost arrived today. Nice chunky rope and wood textures.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    Rob Young's pinhole fencepost arrived today. Nice chunky rope and wood textures.
    Thank you very much! I have been having lots of fun making cameras and building conversions for "real" cameras to do pinhole. Been kinda rough winter so good projects for indoors. Bring on spring!

http://flickr.com/photos/rwyoung/2237239592/
    Simple conversion of my Pacemaker Graphic
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin