Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,900   Posts: 1,555,790   Online: 867

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It has been having a wonderful February, coming home from work to find another postcard or two, while realizing I really needed to pick an image to print and get my cards done.

Well, they are done. Most have been posted today and the last few will go tomorrow. It was my first time using something other than Ilford postcard paper. I haven't seen many fiber prints so I hope they travel well.

I've received 19 cards to date. In no particular order:

Akki14 - great cyanotype, I can never get my whites white! Black Dog - Nice effect with the limited depth of field. Buster6x6 - A nice composition of ordinary, old objects. I agree that it could look great bigger. Dietmar - a great atmospheric image mark Fisher -a night shot at the fair, I like it Mick Fagan - going back to the well, huh? A very good portrait PVia - great textures PepMiro - I like the lighting on the swans head and the simple, elegant composition PeteH - The contrast between the mast and the wind whipped flags works for me astroclimb - I like the cross in profile - they look different around the country, but always noticeable PeterS - A nice double exposure hal9000 - I like how the building front frame the wireskcc008 - I like the simple lighting and the tones - one of my favorites this round mooseontheloose - A nice composition and use of IR. Good job keeping detail in the vineyards. ozphoto - Intentional or not, the light leaks give it a wonderful toy camera effect rwyoung I like the texture on the wood and ropes tlsid - the water nicely implies motion
    wazza - great texture on the driftwood
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some nice surprises in my post today after getting back from overseas.

Postcards from PeteH , PepMiro, Todd Haines (astroclimb), Jake Williams (Black Dog), Peter S - that postcard stock has worked a treat!, PaulVia - can almost hear the bamboo making it's particular "knocking" sound, Mick Fagan, Simon Frizza and Heather (akki14) - my favorite card so far for this round.

Won't be seeing any further arrivals until May now, so I'm looking forward to a nice collection when I get back from Japan.

_ Nanette

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    YAY someone got my postcard hehehe :-)

Shooter
    Medium Format

I'm amazed...

this is my first time and I was really worried that the postcards just would not travel well, especially across the globe. But they show up in great shape, and the images are wonderful:

wonderful buildings in Olso by PeteH
    a "nauseating" county fair ride by MarkF--sorry, I don't go on those rides anymore!
    Wow, what a great shot of Ayuttaha by Ozphoto
    PeterS's Vermont double exposure certainly captures the feeling of the eastern US wonderfully
    Aussie photo and postcard by Warren is a great composition
    MickF's portrait of his houseguest, excellent!
    I am reminded of a shot of Weston's workbench by buster6x6 garage-sale photo, I can't help but scour the image to pick up more fine detail
    MarkW, nicely done image on HIE, wow, I wanna try that too!

Thanks to all!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Terry Strong's card arrived today. Great water.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Hey, I have received many cards yet and hope to find the right time to comment at least at some of them. It is a bit busy over here so I am late this round. I may find the time to print my cards this weekend and send them out next week. Sorry for the delay.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Got KingJon's card today. I love how he's named Rip, and you call him 'home security'. He looks like he wouldn't harm a fly.

I'll be re-printing my cards out this weekend, and sending them out next week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two more cards arrived today:

1:Pep MiroTwo peaceful floating swans.Very nice reminds me on spring.We had another dump of 5" of snow today.
    2:mooseontheloose Chateau ruins and vineyards in France. What an idyllic setting especially brought out with HEI film.Well done.Nice hand writing Rachelle.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Large Format

In the mail

OK, postcards going in the mail, just under the wire.

Good thing it's leap year.

Robin Dreyer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My postcards are (obviously) going to be late. I just moved and started a new job. I have access to the darkroom at the college here (which I was excited about). However, today I finally checked it out and, well, it's a little bit of a mess. I was thinking of printing today, but after the visit, I need to order some supplies so I can feel at home in there. So hopefully I'll be printing away next weekend and send them off then, but it could very well be the following weekend when I actually get to print.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin