Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,394   Online: 682

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki14 View Post
    Kodak and Ilford even if we're not using either of their products? I'll feel slightly bad sullying Simon's postcard board so he can't say it's all done on ilford postcard paper (then again, when I visited there was a cyanotype there too so it'd not be the first...)
    Actually Simon should have two cyanotypes on Stonehenge paper, two Polaroid transfers on Arches paper, two colour prints on Kodak paper and one instant print on Fuji paper at least since I have been participating in this exchange and sending him postcards.

Regards, Art
    Last edited by gr82bart; 02-05-2008 at 09:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

ilford, of course

A bunch of my prints for this round were printed on Ilfobrom that expired in 1971. I suspect Simon Galley might not have been too active in Ilford when that paper was made, but of course I'll send him the print.

Not to knock the present Ilford system, but I knew the expiry date because there was a little price sticker like label that said 'expired sept 1971' on the package. Ah, the good old days. Not like today when we look for patterns in scattered chicken bones tossed onto the box to figure out when your current paper stock is due to expire.

And Mary Jane gets one too, because my card this round is a goodbye send eulogy to HIE.

And Randy stays in the loop for getting this exchange happening to the level it has built to today.

Hats off to rst for keeping this round ticking.

All of my cards are in the mail.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ruediger I was just wandering about Randy maybe he will chime in when he is available.
    My cards are in the mail, let the fun begin.

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Mike for reminding me about my beloved HIE!!! I think maybe I will choose an infrared image for this round. I call this year, "The Year Of Infrared", as it's our last gasp at the stuff. Luckily I managed to buy what I could find back east thanks to Art!

Big Thanks to Ruediger for keeping the exchange going!!!

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Think I might too.....think I have some 5x4 Kodak IR negs luring somewhere!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Hey, bang it made at our door and the first two cards arrived. And very nice ones for sure. Thanks to Mike and Dietmar. This exchange starts already very promising.

Thanks and ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received Dietmars card today as well. I really appreciate it.

Can it be considered cheating having the cards ready when you get the adresses, it puts the rest of us in bad light...

regards

Birger A.
    (Trying to translate Norwegian idioms)

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BirgerA View Post
    ... Can it be considered cheating having the cards ready when you get the adresses, it puts the rest of us in bad light...
    Hehe, you mean I should not post the number of participants during sign up, so that nobody knows the amount of cards to print before I send out the address data

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first card arrived today. Thanks to Warren. Mine are heading out today. Looking forward to receiving the rest of my group.

Cheers,
    Nanette

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received Mike Wilde's HIE image today. Thanks.

Regards

Birger A.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin