Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,956   Posts: 1,586,030   Online: 783

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1317181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three more cards arrived today.
    Tim Gray What a shot. I like the diagonal presentation and selective DOF. Very nice.
    gordrobEmerald lake Teahouse. Very nice lens. Perfect composition and contrast. Wonderful. I am glad you liked my print ,Thanks.
    This three prints are amazing.
    Riding Moutain NP Manitoba from KWhitmore.The balance is amazing. Lot of detail. Very nice lens.

Keep them coming. Thanks Guy's.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OK, my cards are (finally) sent out, so sorry for the long delay.

The cards Ive recieved lately are:
    Katherine W's shot from the train statione. Nice and simple. great lighting.
    Tim Gray's watering cans, great tone.
    blackmelas's train station. Great shot, I love the tone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let's see...Tim's water cans are fantastic! Nice lighting and well-printed. A few of our Easter visitors commented on this one.

James' Italian train station is a favorite already. Great tones, nice paper...

Robin's tatoo shop window has beautiful tones. Barry's leaf in snow brings back memories of growing up in a much colder clime. Both Mike's Lake Jolster and Tim's cemetery in London evoke such a great mood, and I have been looking at them as a pair, since they also arrived on the same day!

Shooter
    Large Format

Shoot the Freak

Adam's "Shoot the Freak" card came yesterday. What a great image. Did you pose that guy, or did he just happen to be there when you got your 4x5 all set up?

Robin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I wasn't intending to even have him in the shot, as I was setting up, he just walked over and sat down, so I released the shutter before he walked away. Funny enough, as soon as I got the shot off, he got up and left.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Adam. Your shot is funny. Thanks.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    So, the plan was to start the next signup round at the beginning of April. But I see that there were a lot of people late this round (including myself ). From the number of cards I received I would say that there are still people who have not sent their cards yet (I sent out 50 cards and got 34 cards but these 34 cards make this round already to one of my best rounds.) So my proposal is move the next round to start with signups on May 1st. Continuing this schedule we will end up with 3 postcard rounds per year (Signup on January, May and September) which is OK in my opinion. What do you think?

And now for something completely different: Steve Frizza sent a self portrait - and a good one btw. In one of the last rounds Greg sent the twin self portrait and I met with Mick in person. So from all the postcard exchange participants I know from three how they look like. So my idea for the next round is to have a self portrait round. Everyone should send a self portrait which should not be too old and really show you in a way that the others will be able to recognize you on the street. What do you think of this idea? Fun? Or would it drive away too many people from the postcard exchange?

Regards
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm 17 for 25 at the moment. I also feel a May sign up would be better to allow those who are a little late sending their postcards to catch up.

I also really like the idea of an overall theme for the exchanges -- although I would prefer it to be general ('self-portrait') and not overly specific (as in 'really show you in a way that the others will be able to recognize you on the street'). Personally I would prefer some creative license (since not all of us are comfortable in front of the camera -- or good at portraits) but that's just me. I think this exchange has also revealed some other themes -- the past, nature, oddball stuff, infrared, etc. -- that would be interesting to follow up.

Having a theme might drive some people away -- perhaps it could be optional? Those who are up for the challenge (or like having some direction in terms of choosing or producing an image) could send postcards based on the theme, and those who don't could still participate with some other image.

rachelle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I have already printed some (30) cards for the next round.

Self portrait is a good idea, I have one of myself using a self timer taken with a 15mm lens, with my nose about 50mm from the lens. I guarantee that you wouldn't easily recognise me, unless you knew me very well.

Rüdiger, it is a good idea and if it is decided to run with it, perhaps you could think of starting round 14 now with a start up time of May the first, with June the first being the actual start time.

That way newish people who won't have known it was to be a set subject, will have ample time to prepare.

Mick.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm ok with a later start. I was definitely one of the ones who was late this round and until a couple weeks ago, hadn't really gotten a chance to shoot much in the last couple months. So an extra month to burn some new negs would be great.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin