Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,519   Posts: 1,572,216   Online: 1000

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1418192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I thought I'd got all my cards out... But while tidying up the catastrophe that is my life last night I managed to find an extra sheet of labels for cards I haven't sent yet. Eek! Sorry! Will get them out ASAP - anyone who should've received my card but hasn't, it's probably my fault not the post office's...

So a later start would definitely suit me. Hopefully by June I'll know where I'm living! (I quite like the self-portrait idea as well; however I hate photos of myself - but I guess that's what makes it a challenge.)
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received cards from:
    Adam, nice photographer's eye, lots of things happening, very nice, though I personally would have tried to get a bit more contrast in the print.
    Bob F., nice lines, nice curves (still talking about the walkway itself, yes!), well-balanced composition. Makes me wonder, though, if this is *partially* sepia-toned, then what does a fully toned print look like ? (I still have to have a first go at toning...)

Thanks to both of you.

And with those, my count is at 21 out of 30 (not counting the 3 from Kate, which are outside the regular exchange); even a few from the people who are normally amongst the early birds are still missing.

So, yes, a delayed start would be good, this round needs more time to finish. And although mine are all sent, I'm not really prepared for the next round yet. Which reminds me that I need to do the shooting for the last Polaroid Exchange...

As for the suggestion of having a theme: it's an interesting thought!

Maybe, just to get a good overview, the people that are delayed could post that (again) here?

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think pushing the date back is a good idea, I'd like to see the rest of this round before the next batch starts rolling in. I think doing a self-portrait round would be fun too, although the rest of you may not think so when you get a picture of my ugly mug!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I like thew ideal for a self portrait, and I definatly could use the May sign up.

Got two more cards as well:
    gordrob's Teahouse. Amazing shot. I definably think of this when I think of a postcard. Great choice
    Bob F's British Museum. Great shapes, Ever since I saw the BBC documentary on it, Ive wanted to shoot there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    did I inspire this perhaps? hehehehehe...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    02 April 2008

I agree with erikg that I would like Round #13 to be completed before Round 14 started, therefore I could support a delay in starting Round #14. As Ruediger mentioned in an earlier post that would mean signup in May and September. My question is in 2009 do we begin with signups in January and resume the usual schedule?

I kinda like a theme for each exchange as long as it (1) allows some flexibility of interpretation, and (2) following the theme is not a requirement to participate in the exchange.

A self-portrait would be a challenge for me, but I am willing to try. I usually like being on the ground glass side of the camera!

Regards,
    Darwin

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    My question is in 2009 do we begin with signups in January and resume the usual schedule?
    My proposal is to come to a schedule of 3 exchanges per year and signups are in January, May and September.

Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    I kinda like a theme for each exchange as long as it (1) allows some flexibility of interpretation, and (2) following the theme is not a requirement to participate in the exchange.
    Yes, it should not be a requirement. I am still not sure about what I should think about my own proposal

To collect our thoughts about this I started a new thread so here we can concentrate again on the feedback.

Regards
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If we were to have themes for each round, I think quite a few people would start to drop out.

The idea of being told what to photograph is reasonable, however if all of the cards coming in were of the same subject, it could start to look like a competition of who has the best version.

I see an incredible array of pictures coming in from around the world with each exchange. The way we all have different things we wish to photograph giving us a variable viewpoint of the world, is one of the strengths of the postcard exchange.

I can see the logic of having a set subject every other year or so, and as long as the lead time is reasonable it could and probably would work.

Just my tuppence worth!

Three rounds a year, is probably a very good number!

Mick.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    ... The idea of being told what to photograph is reasonable, however if all of the cards coming in were of the same subject, it could start to look like a competition of who has the best version.

I see an incredible array of pictures coming in from around the world with each exchange. The way we all have different things we wish to photograph giving us a variable viewpoint of the world, is one of the strengths of the postcard exchange.
    These are two very good points which let me think that having themes would be a bad idea at all. I do not want competition and the variety of subjects is really a strength. Thanks for helping me getting a clear view. I should have thought about it before proposing a self-portrait round.

Regards
    -- Ruediger

I will crosspost this in the other thread.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    More cards coming in...
    Tim Gray's watering cans, nice tones, great DOF, also congrats on the new darkroom, you're off to a great start.
    Gordrob's tea house, what a beautiful place! You captured it perfectly...I had a complete "wish I was there" moment looking at it, thanks!
    James/blackmelas train station, awesome description and I love the diagonals. I can't see how you could "eek" much more from this, it's already great!
    Don's airplanes, wow and wow. I think you took advantage of your once in a lifetime shot and nailed it. You were ready for it...
    Bob F's courtyard walkway, great compostion, everything's so well placed here, I also like the creamy tones from the sepia.

Thanks again to all who sent cards, this was a fantastic round!

Katherine

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin