Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,652   Online: 752

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192324252627282930313233 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, who hasn't sent their cards but is still going to?? Allen Friday and Art mentioned that theirs were still on their way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was just looking back at the posts in this thread and it appears that Stephen Frizza sent out his cards but I didn't receive one yet. I thought I was on your list? You were on mine. Maybe I wasn't on your list. Just curious. Also I noticed that Colin Prichett or photobizz was also on my list but I didn't receive a postcard from him either although other people received a card from him.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate View Post
    I was just looking back at the posts in this thread and it appears that Stephen Frizza sent out his cards but I didn't receive one yet. I thought I was on your list? You were on mine. Maybe I wasn't on your list. Just curious. Also I noticed that Colin Prichett or photobizz was also on my list but I didn't receive a postcard from him either although other people received a card from him.
    Hi Kate,

this is really a one to one exchange, so you should receive a postcard from everyone on your list. I checked the data to make sure that I am right and you are on Colins and Stephens lists. But cards can get lost.

I counted my cards and I received 38 out of 50 I should have received. This is a clear sign, that having only three postcard exchanges per year is the right decision.

For those still waiting for cards I would propose to get in contact with the people on your list. I do not know how strict we should handle this but I definitely do not want to scare off people who regularly fulfill their commitment but only get 80% back.

Regards
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ruediger,

I don't think I'll contact anyone. It's just if they have already sent all their cards and posted that they did then I'll assume some cards have gotten lost in the mail. I've been in 8 postcard exchanges and have yet to have one lost on it's way to me providing the correct address is on the postcard. I'm hoping that if you're late in sending your postcards then you'll post saying that they are coming, that's all. Most people do so I'll assume that still more postcards are on their way.
    People are pretty good about honouring their committments and if they can't then they usually post a message saying so. The few people that haven't sent their postcards usually don't sign up for future rounds so we don't run the risk of repeating non senders.
    If I had someone on my list that received a postcard from me and then I didn't get one back because they didn't fulfill their end of the deal and they appeared again on my next round list they wouldn't get another postcard from me. I would make sure they sent one first! That has never happened so I'm sure people do try to send their cards out.
    It seemed when I had a bigger list like 50 cards the percentage would go down as far as fulfillment. I went down to 30 cards and I receive more or less the whole list.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yay I finally received Birger A.'s reindeer skull postcard It's really neat, thanks!
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't sent mine yet - I'm terribly late this time and I sincerely apologize! I still need to print a batch of 10 - I want to send them all at the same time, and I expect to have them in the mail on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by BWKate View Post
    Okay, who hasn't sent their cards but is still going to?? Allen Friday and Art mentioned that theirs were still on their way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dianna View Post
    I haven't sent mine yet - I'm terribly late this time and I sincerely apologize! I still need to print a batch of 10 - I want to send them all at the same time, and I expect to have them in the mail on Monday.
    Thanks for the update, Dianna. Good to know.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last week I received one card thanks to Sarah(flashbulbsbrocken)quite unique approach to minimalism.You did not say what equipment did you use or film and developer. Still very sharp image, I think I can smell fish?
    Well done.
    Thanks.
    I am still waiting on 11 more cards?

Thanks guy's Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Folks,

Postcards that my parents have received include:
    1. A very kewl reflection from Jake.
    2. Mike sent a solitary tree from Norway.
    3. I love the water cans from Tim.
    4. Barry had to remind us of snow, eh? LOL nice pic.
    5. Very quirky deer postcard from Erik - I like it.
    6. Ian's really unique pano-pinhole-blender.
    7. Nice contemplative postcard from Stephen down under.
    8. Candid in a museum from BobF.
    9. I like the "Shoot the Freak" postcard from Adam.
    10. Synchronous divers from Katherine.
    11. Wow is all I can say about Kate's postcard. She's by far one of the best B&W printers on APUG.
    12. Rudiger's windows.
    13. Jacco's door.
    14. Stunning silhouette scene from TimW.
    15. Todd's cross image.
    16. Upfront pinhole shot of rope.
    17. Mick's smiling house guest.
    18. Pair of swans from Andorra.
    19. I really like the IR image from Rachelle.
    20. Quirky and cute image of a dog from fellow Canadian Jon.
    21. Another IR image from Doug. I'm going to miss HIE.
    22. PeteH's simple close up of ironwork.
    23. New definition of window shopping in North Carolina.
    24. Wonderful selenium toned bamboo garden from Paul.
    25. I really, really like Ken's onion like plants.
    26. Shuttle takes a piggy back from Don.
    27. Gord's postcard reminds me of the family camping trips to Alberta/BC our family use to do when I was a kid.
    28. Nice cyanotype fish, Heather.
    29. I've been to the same temple in Thailand. It is stunning.
    30. I like Jon's perspective of the dome interior.
    31. The train station image from James is fantastic.
    32. The Doorway to Myspace was one of the first cards to arrive.
    33. Buster6x6 always sends fantastic images of 'stuff'. I really like them.
    34. Two postcards from Warren. Both are gorgeous.
    35. last but not least is Terry's water wheel.

Now, as for me, I put my 46 cards in the mail this morning. Hope you guys/gals like them. Sorry, I'm really, really late this round. No excuses for me.

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 04-26-2008 at 10:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    More cards I've recieved but not commented on ....
    Plants by Kenneth Chelette-moody and richly toned with the subjects seemingly floating in space
    Bamboo Garden by Pvia-lovely subtle high key print
    Riding Mountain NP by Katherine W-could be a little darker at the top but otherwise very tranquil
    Space Shuttle by Don-as you say it's a once in a lifetime moment and that's what counts
    Pinhole landscape by Stan160-enigmatically dreamlike
    Madison Sq Park by Doug Smith-RIP HIE
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin