Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,321   Posts: 1,536,859   Online: 1116

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Peter S's card arrived today. The two images work together very well. Intriguing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This round is moving fast! I've got 6 more. Buster 6x6's Barn Find, Lovely print of some cool old stuff. I wonder what that box in the center is, the one with the bell and coil of wire. Peter S'sdouble exposure, Very nice, I love the ghost window right in the middle of the road. Warren's driftwood, great tonal scale, reminds me of a Minor White image. Hal's picture from Berlin of the Kaufhaus Jonass. Really beautiful image and a very interesting story, very much in my line of interest. I can't quite imagine what a "luxury artists hotel" is, but it sounds like the luxury artists lofts they are trying to sell here, not many artists to be found actually buying one. Great stuff. And two more: Ozphoto's shot of Ayuttaha in Thailand. What an amazing place that must be and shooting it with and old Kodak makes the image look like a postcard from 1920, really cool. Finally there is Door to MySpace, but I don't know who shot it. I can totally relate to this picture, as I bet a lot of us here can. I can imagine putting on that apron, closing the door, putting on the music, inhaling the fixer... makes me want to go there now. I'll get my cards out soon. Thanks for the great images.
    Last edited by erikg; 02-14-2008 at 06:49 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: html code

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Buster 6x6's card arrived today. Love the textures and feel of all those old bits and pieces - reminds me of quite a few farms here in Australia! My sister would love to get her hands on that oversize milk can. Yes erik, Ayuttaha is a really magical place. One of the truly wonderful places I've had the pleasure of visiting. Looking forward to going back and spending some more time there capturing the fantastic temples and palace remains soon.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Black Dog's card came yesterday. Today I got a picture of a darkroom, postmarked SF, CA but I don't know who sent it, I think the initials say D..F?
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is my first exchange and I am loving it! It's so great to get a card every day and to see what everyone is up to.

So far I've recv'd:

Warren's driftwood...great tones.
    Peter's dbl exposure...very cool, I've never tried that before although my RZ allows for it easily.
    Ozphoto's Thailand shot...great, and love the fact that it's shot with an old Kodak folder!
    The darkrrom image...which must be from Darwin Poulos, considering the SF postmark.
    Mark Fisher's "Zipper" carny ride at night...my family loves this one, striking image with great contrast, superb angle of view!
    Buster's barn flotsam...really nice tones here, beautiful work.

I also love the fact that you can hold in your hand an example of various developers and papers, for that matter...

Mine went out today...it's been so much fun and very good darkroom discipline for this relatively new printer. Looking forward to participating again...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three more came in today.
    1."Door to MySpace" Which I don't know whom it came from looks like "WP"?
    Very nice tonal values and reminds me on my own "Space"
    2 .Warren Hinder's Drift wood on the rock. Nice detail and exposed great.It would have been nice to know what camera, film, a developer for film and paper have you used?
    3 .Peter Schrager Double exposure. I love the combination Acros and Rodinal. Well done. It looks so surreal.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well mine have been posted and I await more postcards.

I have received some already, the first one being from Oz, which was Warren's, that was a surprise.

The other surprise was receiving another one from Oz, Ozphoto. Her surprise was not the 620 camera that took the photo, but the technique with which she has printed onto the back of the print, with what looks like a LASER printer, quite neat.

Buster has sent an interesting picture of an array of of garage sale goodies.

Hal from Berlin must have gotten up really early to take a picture in Berlin without too many people and only one car in the picture. If the building is being turned into a luxury artists hotel, I have to ponder the type of society that has rich artists, I didn't think that happened anywhere in the world?

This is the biggest round for me so far, having sent out 53 postcards, with 51 going to round members.

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Image Details

Hi Greg
    Regarding my driftwood and Granite image

Sorry for lack of image detail, I was so keen to despatch the cards I actually forgot to add the detail, so here it is
    Place Binalong Bay North Eastern Coast of Tasmania, which is south of the Australian mainland
    Camera Hasselblad 503 CW (6x6 cm format) 80 mm (standard lens)

Film Kodak T400CN Rated at 200, this is not a film I generally use, my main films of choice are Fuji Acros (no reciprocity failure) and Ilford Delta 100

Exposure was 1 second @ f22

Prints were made on Ilford MGIV Glossy and processed in Ilford Warmtone developer enlarger is LPL B&W enlarger
    Many Thanks
    Warren Hinder (Wazza)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    15 Feb 2008

To All:

I looked at the labels I used for my postcards and guess what, I forgot to put my name on it! The postcard titled "Door to MySpace" was printed by Darwin Poulos (drpsilver). I tried to cram as much information about the print on the label that I forgot to give myself credit for taking the photo!

Erik G. I am so glad that can relate to this image. I really "loose myself" when I get in the darkroom.

I have received three more cards since my last post. The double exposure by Peter Schrager is really cool. I like how neither image is really dominate, and how they really work together. The card from hal9000 has a really interesting story behind it. I like how the foreground streetcar wires emulate the colorful history of the building (switching hands so many times). (Aside: I must commend the Germans for not wanting to forget what happened during WWII.) The card from Dietmar Wolf is an interesting combination of "repeated items" and fog. Dietmar, you indicate that you are in the photo, but I cannot see where you are (unless you are driving the car in the background).

This round has been more fun then the last one. I hope it continues.

Regards,
    Darwin
    Last edited by drpsilver; 02-16-2008 at 12:06 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dietmar, you indicate that you are in the photo, but I cannot see where you are ...

Must be a translation problem. I am not in the photo Btw. got your "light of the darkroom print". I like it!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin