Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,384   Posts: 1,683,121   Online: 973

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have received postcards from Buster6x6 (beautiful tones and textures!), a darkroom as narrow as my own from Darwin, BlackDog (interesting reflexions in a round metal sugar bowl or similar), Peter S (nice double exposure in Vermont), Warren Hinder's very professional looking tree and Pete Harris' beautiful boat mast with wind-blown flags so far. Very nice round.
    Some people have commented that I must have gotten up early in the morning to photograph my scene with no traffic - actually I didn't, I just waited at the light for the phase (just after left turns) when the least amount of traffic was in the intersection.
    Looking forward to the remaining cards!
    Hal

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've sent my 30 cards today. Hope they all make it to their new homes okay.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    Hi Greg
    Regarding my driftwood and Granite image

Sorry for lack of image detail, I was so keen to despatch the cards I actually forgot to add the detail, so here it is
    Place Binalong Bay North Eastern Coast of Tasmania, which is south of the Australian mainland
    Camera Hasselblad 503 CW (6x6 cm format) 80 mm (standard lens)

Film Kodak T400CN Rated at 200, this is not a film I generally use, my main films of choice are Fuji Acros (no reciprocity failure) and Ilford Delta 100

Exposure was 1 second @ f22

Prints were made on Ilford MGIV Glossy and processed in Ilford Warmtone developer enlarger is LPL B&W enlarger
    Many Thanks
    Warren Hinder (Wazza)
    Thanks Warren it always helps to know how people got to the final image.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got 3, actually 4 more. I got two cards from Mark Fisher. Both are a great night shot of the "Zipper" ride at a county fair. One is printed on Ilford cooltone, the other on (I guess) regular Ilford RC. Thanks for the extra. I always like looking at these rides, but no way will I ride one, can't stand being spun around! I also got Kenneth's picture of a bunch of scallion looking things photographed dramatically on black. Very nice, they look like something floating out in space or under the ocean. Finally I have Pete H's detail of Norwegian ironwork. Great graphic, vertically it's like a gestural figure nine, with this odd nob, cool. Thanks everyone, and I'm glad to know that it was Darwin who sent the image of his darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So what did I got until now:

- the darkroom print of Darwin (would liked to see more...
    - wonderfull print frrom Pete of Oslo, I like the movement of the flags and the tilt
    - Jake, Black Dog, Thank you for the intersting print&quote
    - Warren, simply two beautyfull prints, the postcard is awesome, really outstanding

And Buster, this is the best postcard I ever received so far!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've received five since my last update:

Peter S: Double exposure, gives a surreal image.
    Hal: The Kaufhaus Jonass, I remember seeing that one before the scaffolding went up, and thinking that it would make a great backdrop for a film.
    Pete H: Norwegian Iron. Nice tones. I haven't started printing my pipe series yet.
    Blackdog: Christmas Lights, # 102. A reminder of the season behind us.
    Warren Hinders Driftwood on Granite. Again, nice tones in the wood.

Regards and thanks to all so far.

Birger A.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have recieved 8 cards already! I have mikes vintage paper card with the "Now it's gone theme" pretty good idea and a sweet card. Next Another of Marks county fair series, I agree with another poster, I love to watch these rides but will never go on one, a great card. 3rd from Hall 9000, I love all of the tram lines in front of the building, I suppose if it's a luxury artists hotel few artists will be able to afford the price of staying there. At least I can look at the outside! 4th, Peters double exposure reminiscent of past days on the farm, very of the past feeling in this shot. 5th a darkroom doorway, it looks so welcoming, can I come over? 6th from Ozphoto (I think) Thailand temple ruins, nicely done and the fogging sort of adds to the effect. 7th From another Peter, another nice print, a shot of ironwork, I want to try to turn it or crank it. 8th from Kenneth the mystery plants on a mysterious card. So far these are all great, and almost all are looking to the past, do we have a theme going here? Thanks very much everyone.
    Now a question ( I know there are other forums but this card is for you, so it's your opinions I want), my vintage paper will not give me a true white, it's one off, it goes to black ok. Is there anything I should try to improve it, or will people be happy with it as it is?
    Lynda
    Thanks, Lynda

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Will be happy, just turn the contrast a bit higher

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    17 Feb 2008

Lynda:

I will be happy with the card you send. Using "vintage paper" is always a challenge, and an opportunity to learn something new. I agree with Dietmar, just increase the contrast a little.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietmar Wolf View Post
    So what did I got until now:

- the darkroom print of Darwin (would liked to see more...
    17 Feb 2008

Dietmar:

If you are interested in seeing the rest of my long and narrow darkroom I can send some photos. I need to figure out how to attach images to a PM (and what are the size limitations). It should not be hard. I look forward to hearing from you .

Regards,
    Darwin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin