Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,730   Online: 1025

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    17 Feb 2008

I just found 4 more cards in the archeological dig called my desk.

The photo of young onions (?) by Kenneth Chelette is very nice. I like the black background that highlights the root detail. The card from Pete H is simple and dramatic. Makes me want to know what is outside the border of the card. A card of a magical place from ozphoto hints of a really special trip. Mark Fisher's county fair photo shows an interesting perspective on the rides. We do not have many fairs in the SF Bay Areas so it is interesting to see what they are like (in my area most rides like this are at amusement parks).

Thanks to all for the neat cards.

Regards,
    Darwin
    Last edited by drpsilver; 02-17-2008 at 10:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Darwin's card arrived today - love this view; If only my darkroom were quite so well appointed! And I must agree totally with your statement on the back - escapism IS wonderful.

-Nanette

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think anyone would worry about the white being not white on old paper, even on new paper!

Received a nice portrait of a clean darkroom, I think I'll have to do something about the interminable mess in mine. I'm assuming it's Darwin's card as I cannot decipher the signature.

Mark Fisher has an interesting one with a night ride, which with my current state of health, would be interesting for anyone under me

Mick.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've got a bunch of cards already...boy, you guys are really on the ball this round!
    2 cards from WH: I like the contrasting texture of the rock and deadwood and the blue mountains look almost cyanotype-ish, lovely tones.
    "Door to my space" is an excellent darkroom portrait by I'm not sure who? I love the fact that you set up your 4x5 to do this shot...that's commitment! It seems very tidy compared to mine...
    "Malo's 3rd" by Black Dog: the depth of field is awesome in this shot, the in-focus figures on the cake(?) and the hint of the kitchen behind are just great.
    Barn Find by Buster6x6: what treasures you find at your bosses farm! Like Todd's gas can from the last round this one has so many interesting items to look at and the tones are beautiful.
    Mark Fisher's "Zipper" from the country fair: confession...that's my all-time favorite ride from my childhood! It's so fun because not only do you spin around inside your cage, you can go forwards, backwards and upside-down in both directions! Wonderful card.

Katherine
    Last edited by KWhitmore; 02-18-2008 at 09:02 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: forgot one

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Katherine,
    The darkroom card is from drpsilver or Darwin Poulos form California. He posted earlier that he only put his initials and forgot to sign his cards but we figured it out. The zipper was the ride I would never go on!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Kate and thanks also drpsilver.
    Kate: My BF also refuses to go on any zipper-like rides with me...he turns green just looking at them from the ground, sigh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm experiencing this round vicariously after thoroughly enjoying my first exchange in round 12. Fyi, I am safely situated in the UK and looking forward to round 14!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Five cards have arrived!!!! I'm still spotting my cards but at least they are printed! All are infrared in honour of that blessed film. Deciding who gets which image will be fun!! I did 3 different images.
    Buster 6X6- Great assortment of stuff found in a barn. Well done and printed.
    drpsilver-my darkroom is also my escape from the world. What a timely reminder. Thanks.
    Mark Fisher- love your county fair series and it's funny because I also love shooting at our annual local fair and so always look forward to seeing your next image from it. I DO NOT go on the rides either but enjoy the people watching, etc. I love that I have also shot the Zipper but our images of the same subject are so different. I take my son and his best friend every year to the fair and let them go crazy till it closes or we're too tired!
    Black Dog-Fabulous quiet still image of the remnants of Easter morning! What kind of paper is it and is it photographic? (as opposed to water colour and printed digitally?) The paper is fantastic! I love it. Wow, and is it hard to use as far as a regular safelight, etc?
    PeteH -LOL at your comment on my card. No it doesn't have to be "Flashy" to be a good image. Most times simple is better! I do like your railing very much! Which way is up though? Sometimes I'm slow on the uptake so forgive my ignorance. I also love my trusty Contax!

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks-It's Lotus Silver Supreme-not sure if it's still around but it was a real high silver content paper like Ektalure [not digital.....oh no....]. Fomatone MG matt is similar BTW.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Jake!

That's one beautiful paper. I think I have a postcard that was printed on the Fomatone matt and you're right it is also very delicate and similar. I'm going to have to try that on my still life images.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin