Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,713   Posts: 1,514,691   Online: 927

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The fixer made me do it

Well, I finally got all my postcards printed and labelled and they'll be off in the mail tomorrow. Saying that however, I have a small confession I need to make. This is my first postcard exchange, actually it's the first time I've ever printed anything for anyone that wasn't family, so I had a hard time choosing an image. However I was developing some prints from a roll of HIE I took last fall, and decided to go with one of those prints for the exchange (BWKate inspired me, although we're not on each others lists so I won't get to see her infrared shots!)

Anyway, while I was in the darkroom I noticed a few tiny white pinholes in the sky of my shot, something I get from time to time in my infrared photos, but I didn't feel they detracted from the overall image and just started printing. However, I think I was under the influence of too much fixer fumes:o, because in the cold light of a new day, I don't feel so positive about it. That being said, I don't have dyes for spotting, and don't want chuck the whole lot, so they're going out regardless. I guess it's not a big deal overall, I'm sure the postal service will do a lot to damage the postcards anyway, but I just wanted to get that off my chest.

I'm a bit of a postcard freak in real life, so I've been really enjoying this exchange. I think next time I'll have to go for max, since I'm dying to see some of the other postcards I won't be receiving!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    20 Feb 2008

Mooseontheloose:

Welcome to the APUG Postcard Exchange! This is my 2nd exchange, and I have really enjoyed both of them. Film flaws happen and dust always lands in uniform areas of the negative, They add character to the print, so do not be concerned about these pesky white pinholes for this exchange. It will be a joy to receive you card.

It's lots of fun to see other photographer's work and vision.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The past week or so I have received postcards from:
    Ozphoto, captured the atmosphere very well, and so nicely done with a 620 camera and respooled film. Positively vintage!
    BlackDog, still figuring out all the details I can see in the reflection. Are you in there somewhere, Jason?
    drpsilver, something we can all relate to, the darkroom, where you can really work and relax at the same time. A great subject of course!
    Mark Fisher, what can I say? Nice shot, great lighting, it's going to be a nice series, this one. Nice to see that you can also print square without 6x6 negs
    Pete H., nice subject, I really like the contrast and the forms.

Another great round so far. Still preparing mine, I feel I might be a bit late this round... But rest assured, the cards will come!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I call it handcrafted work, moose.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    More postcards coming in, and I have not started printing yet...
    I think I have decided on which image, just have to get into the darkrom and print it.

The new cards I have received are:
    OzPhoto - from Thailand
    Darwin (DrpSilver) image of his darkroom is nice and a reminder that I should spend more time there.
    Paul Viapiano - Bamboo Gardens, nice, but one of the rare occasions where I wonder if this would look better in colour.
    Mark Fisher - a new County fair ride, I like the series. I'm not sure if I would ride this one.
    Kenneth Chelette - small plants. A bit too dark for me, I wonder what this would be like if printed a little lighter. The light across the plants looks interesting.
    Akki14 - A nice cyanotype of your fish.

Thanks to all of you. It's more fun to collect the mail when I'm eagerly anticipating your postcards.

Best regards

Birger A.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I could not log in for two frigging days. What a bummer. I did not realize how often I log on to APUG. It must be edictive. I think I have withdrawal symptoms .
    Anyway I received three more cards in past two days:
    1:Mark Fisher's Country fair series very nice in square format.It reminded me when we took our kids to CNE , Toronto in76. That was wild. I was steering the thing with Alex and his fried sitting on each side of me.
    2:Pete H with "Democratic Moonrise" Very moody shot with really nice rendition of the moon.
    3:PVia" Bamboo Garden" I like the cropping of the image.Nice. Sharpness and contrast are exquisite.Well done.
    This round I think a lot of folks are using very nice images.
    Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kraker-I'm just to the right of the camera in the middle of the frame.
    Mooseontheloose-the smell of fixer is the smell of creativity, as Dr Bob used to say...
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    My postcards are going to be late. I planned to print them this week, but unforunately, life got in the way. I am leaving for New Zealand on Friday morning, and will not be back until March 14. Hopefully I will get a few good pictures in NZ. I will print when I get back. Sorry for the delay. Hope you don't mind the wait.

Allen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    20 Feb 2008

I agree with BirgerA about looking forward to each day's mail delivery. The first think I look for is postcards from this exchange.

I received the cyanotype from Akki14 this morning. Nice portrait of her fish Kalsu. It is refreshing to see some alternate processes be infused into the exchange. Thanks for all the work it took to produce this card.

Allen Friday, NZ is a wonderful place to photograph. I have been there twice, and have returned with some good images. Unfortunately all of them slides. I need to find a good way of getting them to B&W so I can print them. Enjoy your trip and do not worry about the late cards.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I got the second card from Warren (driftwood and stones with very nice tonality and lines) and also Mick's lovely portrait shot (gotta love those bangs!) in today's mail. Thanks!
    Hal

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin