Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,141   Online: 846

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Ha ha, the funniest spam I ever saw. But you forgot to tell us about how many postcards you are going to send And I need your address too.

Hey and btw, the one camera project is fun, I was myself in two rounds (2 and 4). Hmmm, then it is time for round 6 ...

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    ... Take a look at the sign up for Round 6 and see if it interests you. Round 4 has just completed, Round 5 is stuck at the Canadian border (Where the heck is NAFTA when you need it?). We do have a good solid group of regulars and new blood, new vision, is always appreciated.

Shooter
    35mm

me too!

I would like to sign up for round 14 please, my cards from round 13 will be in the mail this Saturday, sorry the 18 credits I am taking was just too much this semster.
    Lynda

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Now that I (finally) sent my cards for round 13, I guess it's okay to sign up for the next round.

Count me in for the max. Same address.

Allen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't wait to see your postcards, Lynda and Allen! Thanks for posting that you sent them.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    So we reached 42 participants and here is the updated list, please check.

AdamKap
    Adrian D
    Allen Friday
    bdial
    BirgerA
    Black Dog
    Bob F.
    Buster6X6
    BWKate
    Cara
    crispinuk
    david b
    drpsilver
    Eric Mac
    gordrob
    gr82bart
    hermit
    jbannow
    Jon King
    jonnywalker
    KingJon
    kraker
    Lynda
    Mark Fisher
    MattKing
    Mick Fagan
    Mike Wilde
    mooseontheloose
    PepMiro
    Peter Schrager
    PVia
    realitysandwich
    Rlibersky
    Rob Skeoch
    rst
    rwyoung
    Simplicius
    Sly
    Síle
    Tim Gray
    tlsid
    wazza

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

whats with all the Canadians?

Are we crying out to see other parts of the world, now that air fares with fuel surcharges are going to price themselves out of reach?

Are we overly patronizing of Canada Post, who gives us no cut in price for mailing a postcard?

Any other random reasons?

I look over the list and from past postings and names I recognise see at least 6 out of the 42 are from Canada.

It seems that we are a little over represented here, even if the population we are drawing from is just the mostly English speaking first and second world populations.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I first started in Round #5 there was only a couple of us joining in the exchange but it's so much fun! (and addictive) And yes it is a little pricey. That's why you limit yourself to 20 or 30 cards to keep the costs somewhat lower.
    And yes, it is pretty cool to get a postcard from Australia, Andorra, Norway, Germany, and England.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    Are we crying out to see other parts of the world, now that air fares with fuel surcharges are going to price themselves out of reach?

Are we overly patronizing of Canada Post, who gives us no cut in price for mailing a postcard?

Any other random reasons?

I look over the list and from past postings and names I recognise see at least 6 out of the 42 are from Canada.

It seems that we are a little over represented here, even if the population we are drawing from is just the mostly English speaking first and second world populations.
    At the moment there are 21 participants from the US, 9 from Canada and 3 from the UK, the rest of 9 participants comes from Australia, Andorra, Ireland, France, Norway, The Netherlands and Germany. I think there were more people from the UK once.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know my last two lists were "foreign" heavy. I had more postcards heading overseas than staying in North America. Just the way the numbers randomize!
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    So we reached 42 participants and here is the updated list, please check.

Hi Ruediger,

Looks like you've rejected my extremely long address!

Can you sign me up for 40 please?

Cheers

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin