Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,209   Online: 1047

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images

Postcard Exchange Round 14 Sign Up

Hi everyone,

It is time for the next round. Since I still have not heard back from Randy I am going to take over this new round too. I hope this is OK with you.

First I want to thank all those who participated in round 13 and especially those who were able to send their cards. There were some late comers (me included) but I think it was one of the best rounds anyway. We had this discussion about themes for the postcards rounds and most of the people giving feedback to this would like to continue the postcard exchange as is. The only thing changing is the schedule. Since there were so many people late this time I will change to a 4 month schedule. So in the future we will have 3 exchanges per year starting in January, May and September.

Here is the schedule for this round:

May: sign up
    June+July: print and mail
    August: breather
    September: next round

Sign up is again by sending a PM to me with your name, address and the amount of cards you are able to send as I think we should continue to allow people to send fewer cards than the maximum. Please include your country with the address as this is an international exchange. I am good at guessing American addresses, from the exchange I know how to identify a Canadian address and I am able to realize a UK address by just its length, but I can not promise to do a good guessing job for all the rest. I still have the data from the last round, so for people from the last round it is also OK sign up just in this thread without sending the address details via PM again - in the case that you have not moved

It proved to be good to post the list of participants every once in while so please check if your name is on the list because I may make mistakes.

As a last thing, please do only sign up if you will be able to fulfill your commitment.

So, I am looking forward to this round.

ciao
    -- Rüdiger

PS: For those new to the exchange, here is how it all works out: When signup is over, I will prepare address lists which I will PM to the participants. You will have to send a card to every address on that list and you should receive back a card from everyone on that list. So if you sign up for e.g. 20 cards you will have to send 20 cards and you should receive 20 cards back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rüdiger, count me in for the maximum.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    (...)
    I am able to realize a UK address by just its length(...)
    So true. Even the Ilford HARMAN Postcard paper from the UK does not supply enough lines for sending a card to the UK .

Anyway, count me in again for 30 max. Same address as in previous rounds.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

mike wilde - 30

pm sent; up for the next round.

I love the way the postcard exchanges motivate me to get into the darkroom. I love this hobby, but at times the rest of life gets in the way.

Having a deadline is a great way to make something photographic happen, and for me there are always images that I have developed and contacted, but never printed to go and explore.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    So true. Even the Ilford HARMAN Postcard paper from the UK does not supply enough lines for sending a card to the UK .

Anyway, count me in again for 30 max. Same address as in previous rounds.
    Cheek!
    Something like:

TW12 3AB,
    UK.

will get there. The postcode usually narrows an address down to a half-dozen houses in the same street.

On the other hand some people do prefer:

Mr. Fred Pimplelick Esq.
    27 Fruttocking Bowers Lane,
    Nether Winkleache,
    Bludgington,
    The West Riding of Yorkshire,
    LUV5 8APS,
    Engand,
    The United Kingdom.

And of course, just to confuse outsiders (i.e. anyone who lives more than 15 miles away) "Winkleache" is actually pronounced "Winash"...

Erm... where was I... Oh yeah...

Put me in for the max please Rüdiger!

Ta, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in again for the max. PMed new address for this round.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am interested. Put me down for the max I suppose.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rüdiger -- I'm in for this round as well. I really enjoyed the last round (my first), even though I'm still waiting for a few cards. I'm in for the max this time. Will PM you my new address for this round.

Rachelle

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In for the max again - I'm getting better at printing 50 at a time
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am in again for 30 post cards. Looking forward to another round.

Gord

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin