Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,715   Posts: 1,514,762   Online: 824

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received 4 very nice postcards today: Mike Wilde's "Heading Home" (I like pictures of old people still obviously in love after all those years of holy deadlock); David B's iconic "Flea Market"; Ruediger's "Paris Metro" (I have a similar picture taken in Hanoi a few years ago); and Buster 6x6's "Tools", which unfortunately reminded me of all the things needing fixing around here.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    35mm
    I finally found time to print my postcards last night after weeks of distractions (well normal life really - visitors, illness, work, etc) and hope to write and post them all by Saturday.

Ritchie

Shooter
    Medium Format

cards on the fly

My cards are finally in the mail, hope you enjoy them.
    Have a nice weekend,
    Anke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, now that I'm back in Canada I have finally been able to see all the postcards that have been sent my way.

Sly - love your snowdrops, they're beautifully photographed and printed.
    Great shot of the flea market from David
    Beautiful contemplative look on Tess from JohnnyWalker
    Mark I also enjoyed this latest photo in your country fair series -- I do a lot of detailed close-ups like this as well -- great tones in the old door
    Interesting Latte Stones from KingJon
    Warren - even though I've tried to explain to my mom what your picture is about, she still doesn't get it. good work!
    Heather - I really like the vintage vingetting on the squid, and the stamp is fantastic!
    Darwin - another great photo that inspires me to see what we have out here in the country
    I also enjoyed Mike Wilde's revisiting the past as a photographer with the negative and the paper
    Great clouds in Lyme Park from Adrien Dear
    Cara - welcome to the exchange -- this is only my second but I really like your image and the way you printed it
    Ruediger - have you been trailing me? My last day in Paris was spent wandering around the Abbesses metro area (found an old Lubitel at the flea market there) -- and what do I find when I come home? Your postcard reminding me of Paris, and showing how every photographer will come up with something different when photographing in the same area

Can't wait to see what else everyone has done!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    My cards are in the post.

I have received 7 cards so far and they are all up on my darkroom/studio wall. Thanks to Darwin (I like the composition, and feel of this); Mark (great texture and pattern); Sly (this is a favourite of mine); Warren (subtle - I keep coming back to this one); Ruediger (When I see this, I just want to fly to Paris and shoot); Rachelle (Excellent use of HIE - Another favourite of mine).

Cheers

Ritchie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well it's been a busy summer thus far and I haven't been able to spend much time here but I have printed my cards and they will go out on Monday.
    Meanwhile I've received a whole bunch and I've really been enjoying getting the mail. I got Rachelle's IR shot, really magical and Mike Wilde's Canada Day photo from 1985. That is a very charming moment, I was thinking of this image yesterday as I saw similar scenes at the 4th of July parades I went to. I also have Lillian's Snow Drops, Beautiful still life and beautifully printed. I got Peter's picture from the Bahamas, I hope that wasn't your accomodations, Peter!
    I got Heather's image of the Squid in a jar, I've always loved natural history museums and their collections of dead things in jars, very odd and 19th century. Nice treatment, and I have Mark Fisher's detail from Hustler WI, (Hooter Bowl indeed, I will have to look that up!) Nice play of textures, well done. Continuing the 'blad trend is David's Albuqerque Flea Market, something of a Robert Frank feel around this one, cool. And yet another 'blad shot is is Warren's Big Top. Great abstract, looks great upside down too, I thought it was snow or sand at first. Back in 35mm land I have KingJon's latte Stones, those are crazy looking things, and Cara's stone figure in blue, something mysterious there, reminds me of Atget's garden pictures. Finally, at least so far is Ruediger's picture of bikes at a Paris metro stop. I really like it, so did my wife. It's hard not to think of Atget here too, beautiful. I hope to visit there myself someday. Thanks everybody!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Well I too have finally gotten to my post card printing. Should be in the mail Monday. I did something different this time.

Thanks for all the nice cards so far, My wife and I have enjoyed them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    05 July 2008

Rachelle & Ritchie:

I am glad that you like the photograph. Thanks for the compliments.

Rachelle, it is a very satisfying feeling to know that my work has inspired another artist. Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Darwin

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Over the weekend I got four more cards. A very nice salt print from Anke. Do you coat your glass plates yourself? Then Mark sent another card for the Hasselblad convention I like the play of textures and shape. Peter sent an image of an abandoned something on the Bahamas. It seems that nature is striking back. And Paul sent a nice and atmospheric image which he found in an orchestra pit.

So this round is still on its way to get to the best I participated in.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Hey, and I want to thank Ritchie, Rachelle, Eric, Art and Greg for your kind comments about my card.
    Last edited by rst; 07-07-2008 at 05:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    washing test strips for the microwave at this very moment...
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin