Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,703   Posts: 1,548,472   Online: 885

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    three more cards have made their way Down Under:
    Buster's Tools - pity my shed isn't quite so well laid out!
    Peter Schrager's Bahamas - reminds me of some of the country areas in Thailand - oh to be in warmer climes just now.
    Rudiger's Bicycles - one of the great things about Europe is this rather more sedate mode of transport.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today I received a card from PVia "Contra bassist" I think it is extraordinary how the lens captured contrabass and hand movement with just enough blur to give feeling of motion. Well done. And all at F2 wow.

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posted all the rest of mine yesterday so you should be recieving them in the next few days.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Six more fantastic cards to report on..

Mike Wilde.. the romantic in me absolutely loves this one, the long walk home.. faithful companion by their side.. just gorgeous thank you.
    KingJon, Jon fascinating stones I'd love to know more of the story behind them.. and they are so beautifully printed.
    Peter Schrager I'm with Oz on this one.. oh to be in warmer climes! It's gorgeous and funnily it's the first photo of the Bahama's I've ever seen without colour.. and it really works!
    Buster from the snippet on the wall.. covered in grease stains, I can imagine the rest of the room.. really great photo.
    Pvia Paul, I loved this from the second I saw it, but it was only as I removed the sticker the postal system had added (unflatteringly it has to be said) I saw the blurred arm and loved it even more. Gorgeous shot.
    Anke this has quickly become a favourite, I love the shot, the paper and the tones.. truly the only thing that could improve this would be the smell.. really beautiful, thank you.

After an insane few weeks in work I'm disappearing to my darkshed this weekend and hope to have all my cards out by next week.. Being a first timer, I am reticent to do so with the high standard of cards that have dropped through my letterbox.. but it really has been an inspiration seeing them all. Thanks to everyone taking part.
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All of mine are out! And I have recieved 5 more:
    PVia's Contrabassist, really like it, nothing better than an M for available light shooting.
    rwyoung's Hobo Duckies, very cool, it has a great glow about it. Are they riding the rails? Lined up like that they remind me of a shooting gallery.
    tlsid's image of the Harmon Killabrew shack. Nicely done and good for you that you made a picture after driving by for years. I've got plenty of such spots on my list, and too many that I waited too long to do. I like the way you used the trees to enhance the modestness of the little shack.
    Buster6x6's Tools. Beautiful composition and tonality, the wrenches seem to pop right off the card. For some reason the post office chose to put the cancelation stamp right front and center, and they put a big magic marker stripe down the left edge of the picture. Never the less, the shot comes through. I might try some pec-12 to clean it up.
    Today I got Adrian's cool pic of a steam tractor. I love the big spinning wheels and the steady gaze of the operator. I'm not sure I can say why exactly, but that man seems very British to me, in a good kind of old fashioned way, if that makes any sense. Anyway, anyone who likes steam engines and tractors that much is alright in my book.
    Thanks everybody.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All of mine are out! And I have recieved 5 more:
    PVia's Contrabassist, really like it, nothing better than an M for available light shooting.
    rwyoung's Hobo Duckies, very cool, it has a great glow about it. Are they riding the rails? Lined up like that they remind me of a shooting gallery.
    tlsid's image of the Harmon Killabrew shack. Nicely done and good for you that you made a picture after driving by for years. I've got plenty of such spots on my list, and too many that I waited too long to do. I like the way you used the trees to enhance the modestness of the little shack.
    Buster6x6's Tools. Beautiful composition and tonality, the wrenches seem to pop right off the card. For some reason the post office chose to put the cancelation stamp right front and center, and they put a big magic marker stripe down the left edge of the picture. Never the less, the shot comes through. I might try some pec-12 to clean it up.
    Today I got Adrian's cool pic of a steam tractor. I love the big spinning wheels and the steady gaze of the operator. I'm not sure I can say why exactly, but that man seems very British to me, in a good kind of old fashioned way, if that makes any sense. Anyway, anyone who likes steam engines and tractors that much is alright in my book.
    Thanks everybody.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    08 July 2008

I echo what others have said about the card from PVia. I really like the sense of motion, and intense concentration, of the musician. Well done Paul. The card from tlsid (Terry Strong) reminds me of a farm near my home that I photographed. I like your composition of tall vs. short, straight vs. branched, ... Great tones and detail.

Thanks all.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Well it's taken a lot longer than I thought it would but I was able to get out and shoot something in June.... I just didn't get the printing done on time.

They go in the mail today.

-Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

update

Well, after commenting on Rachelle's card, I went on holiday. When I came back, I found cards from the following APUGers in random order (I hope I haven't temporarily misplaced any other cards I may have received...) :

Peter Schrager: nice shot, great detail to see some movement from the wind in the leaves.
    Buster6x6: this is the 3rd round (I think) that I received a photo from you, and for the 2nd time, I recognized a Buster6x6 without looking on the back. Love your style, love the subject.
    rst: well, in the Netherlands, I'm used to seeing a lot of bikes parked in the strangest places, but your shot and location is very nice.
    Mark Fisher: these details and structures are just a great subject. Great card!
    Warren Hinder: big top, very subtle, abstract almost. I guess this would look great as a huge enlargement...
    David Bram:Nice shot of the flea market, nice depth of field on this shot.
    Darwin:Jug in the cabinet. You've given me some inspiration with this shot, thanks.
    sly: Wonderful, wonderful! Absolutely wonderful.
    Anke: Wow, this is something special! A great shot, and a special technique. I'll need to search APUG a bit to find out more about this... How is this done? (Or did you already explain earlier in this thread?)

Thank you all! It's yet another great round this time!

As for myself... Well, due to the interruption called holiday, I am more than a bit delayed, but at least I've narrowed it down to two candidates. I hope I can do some more test prints this week, and print all my cards next week. Add a few more days for writing and addressing; I hope within two weeks from now they can be in the mail.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a wonderful round. Two more prints arrived today.
    rwyoung "Hobo Duckies" What a wonderful shot.I can't believe how nice and conrasty the image is. Really nice.
    Anke Drewitz with " Lime three blossom" I find this to be so artistic. Well presented and composed. And I bet you a lot of work. Congrats Anke well done. Wow I really like this one.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin