Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,576   Online: 948

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oooh, two weeks and only one card, its a hard time
    But the one is the very nice one from PVia, will be one of my favourites with giving a fine mood to me, thank you for this one.

SŪle, rst, kraker and buster6x6, I will thank you all for the nice comments for my card so far. I'm happy that you like it, so the work was well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    Anke:... How is this done? (Or did you already explain earlier in this thread?)
    Jacco, this is a salted paper print (or saltprint), you get a good discription of this process here:
    http://www.alternativephotography.co...altprints.html

Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    ... salt print from Anke. Do you coat your glass plates yourself?
    Ruediger, no, I don't coat the glass plates by myself, I bought them from wephota / banse & grohmann. But with the saltprint process I have to coat the paper with the emulsion, that's enough to do.

Anke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    Darwin:Jug in the cabinet. You've given me some inspiration with this shot, thanks.
    Jacco:
    Thank you for the compliment. Knowing that my work has inspired another is the greatest "high" for me.

Received two cards today from Eric Mah and Rlibersky. The card from Eric hints to the peacefulness of the morning. Randy's card I really like because of the tones that you created. I have been everything I can get my hands on to create the deep brown tones in this print. I never had the chance to work with AZO paper. I understand it gave wonderful tones (being a contact printing paper).

Thanks to all for sharing you work.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today one more card arrived.
    Thanks Terry(tlsid) on an really amazing card.First I never seen a hay stacker before ,which reminds me of European well bailers which are very similar, with weight and bucket. I can't get over the sharpness of Tominon lens,contrast if perfect.I hope that my 75mm Tominon lens is as good as yours I have not tried it yet, really amazing.Well done.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am going to print the rest of my postcards tonight. Sorry for the delay!

I have received some awesome cards so far. I agree that some of the cards are indeed inspirational and that's why I've been in almost every round since #5!

So far I have received from:
    Pete Schrager : Beautiful tones on a tropical theme.
    Buster 6X6: Another very interesting "Tools" theme. Love the textures and the subject matter.
    David Bram: Flea market t-shirts. Very cool image! Love the images of the T-Shirts. Never seen anything like that where I live. I'd probably buy one!
    Warren Hinder: Your image of the Big Top becomes so abstract. Thanks for showing me something I've never seen.
    Rst Ruediger: All I can say is WOW. I dream of seeing that scene in Paris and you just reminded me of one of the places I have to see. My cards are coming! Sorry for the lateness.
    mooseontheloose Rachelle: Welcome back to Canada! Thanks for the Hie card! I love the infrared so much. I'm considering changing my license plate to HIE 135. Love the black dramatic skies that are in lots of HIE images. Looks like a very photogenic place where you shot. Thanks.
    Mark Fisher: Gorgeous texture and tones. Is it Sepia or something similar? Forgive my ignorance. Is that what thiocarbimide toning is? I also love to sepia tone but I don't know it by any other name.
    Anke Drewitz: Your card is so lovely and I could almost smell the blossoms! What an interesting thing to write!! I am and have always been very influenced, inspired, and moved by smell.
    Akki14 Heather: Love your subject matter! What a great card. This is something I would really gravitate towards as far as subject matter. The vignetting looks great too!
    Sly Lillian: What can I say about your beautiful card! I have loved this image ever since I first seen it as your avatar. It looks great and thank you so much for choosing it as your postcard.

That's all I've received so far and I will be sending my cards out very soon!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    11 July 2008

I just received Anke Drewitz's card. I love how soft it feels. This card has so much 3D character I could almost walk along the path past the blossoms. This is the first salt print I have seen outside a museum, and held in my hands. Thanks for the introducing another alternate process into this exchange. Did you tone this to give the brown color, or is this characteristic of the process you use? Thanks Anke.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This round has been outstanding so far. Two more cards arrived at my mail box today.
    Rob Skeoch with an exquisite presentation of "Sherman Falls" .Excellent printing. I just wish CP did not print three bar codes on the front, right over the falls I have been to most falls in the escapement, very nice place.
    Eric MahWith "Dog in fog". Fog and night scenes are very close to my own photographic interest. Very interesting image. I like it.

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Needless to say my cards are going out *late* this round. I might get into the darkroom tomorrow, or maybe next weekend. Sorry...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    Needless to say my cards are going out *late* this round. I might get into the darkroom tomorrow, or maybe next weekend. Sorry...
    Um, everyone seems to be apologizing for being late.

I think we still have the rest of this month.

See:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/...4-sign-up.html

At least I hope we still have the rest of this month.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes I agree about the timing, we have one month to print, one month to send, one month to get over it, one month to get ready for the next round.

I actually printed 30 of my cards prior to the sign up month and printed the remainder last month. Part of the joy of this exchange is the drip feed of cards coming in over about a three month period.

I'm about to go into the darkroom later this morning and one of the things I'll be doing is to think about the next round. It is an ongoing thing with me, and, in some ways, this is a more enjoyable aspect of photography. It's a bit like enjoying food more by prolonging the masticating somewhat, rather than rushing it straight down your gullet!

Funny thing is writing this has reminded my of a little saying my mother used to sing when giving us pocket money, which was actually tuppence on some Saturdays, where we rushed down to the corner store to agonise over how we would spend it. Her last words as we rushed out were to take our time and make our pennies last longer

Iíve got sixpence
    Iíve got sixpence
    Iíve got sixpence, to last me all my life!

Iíve got tuppence to lend
    and tuppence to spend
    And tuppence, to take home to my wife!

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received two very nice prints on Friday: A print of a dilapidated building in the Bahamas from Peter Schrager (somebody's dream gone wrong); and a salt print of a lime tree in blossom from Anke Drewitz in Germany. First alternative-type print I've ever seen, let alone held in my hands. I'll have to find out more about this process.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin