Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,904   Online: 1043

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1620212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yay! I recieved Kate's postcard today. It's really cool and confused me at first because it looks like lots of tiny photograms. Thank you for the kind words as well
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are very welcome Heather! I can't believe how fast that was!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    25 Sept 2008

Kate:

I am glad that you liked my card, and thank you for the compliment. I really like you card. An interesting perspective of what looks like a gazebo made more interesting by the IR effects. It must have been interesting to wonder around "Little Mexico" during a festival.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Darwin,
    It was a blast! Downtown L.A. is a great place to wander around. It was also made weirder by the fact that I had the flu and was actually quite fevered. I didn't want my being sick to ruin my special day out to photograph. I tried not to pass out on a downtown street corner.

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two more received since my last post, but still missing seven out of thirty (actually, thirty-one, but that's not according to Ruediger's program), a bit sad, to be honest; I've commited again to send 30 in the next round, but 7 missing out of 30 is not a good score.

I'd like to blame one or another postal service, but to be honest, I can't be sure. Don't want to name-and-possibly-shame, but... I'm tempted.

It would be so good if we could get an overview of who has and who hasn't yet sent their postcards.

Anyhow... I received Bob F.'s Beach shot; I'm guessing mine is on Ilford paper (IIRC there were toned ones and significantly less toned ones; mine falls in the latter category). Lively action shot, thanks.

And I received, outside of the list of 30 as compiled by rst's program, yet another beautiful card from Kate. Still using whatever is left of your HIE, I suppose? It's a beauty! Overwhelmed me, gave me a good feeling in troubled times. Thanks, Kate.

I guess it's now time to scan my round #14 postcard and show it in the appropriate gallery. I will do that (but don't hold your breath).

It's been an interesting round, but, as said, I hope it's not over yet, seven more to come?!?!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Kate for a very interesting contact print of antique glass buttons. It provoked me to think first, and then I read capture of course this are glass buttons

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received Kates card last Saturday. Thanks for the nice words. I liked the idea of the contact sheet, and the immediate reaction was: Which one would I have printed larger...

Regards

Birger A.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Thanks for this round

received a lot more cards last two month (no particular order):

hermit rusting dreams: very nice peace of work, I like it very much
    black dog Dartmore: just takes me back to my holidays in Scotland two years ago, thanks
    BirgerA master chef: I can imagine that she is the chef of your family
    erikg end of the road: catched a good moment
    jbannow pines: would love to see this as a big print
    kraker grains & pebbles: reminds to Goldworthy's works
    mikeg Clematis: delicate flower in a very delicate light, love this
    Mick Fagan very interesting kind of construction (there are some changes in Jena, you should come again and we should take a shot together )
    crispinuk Don't stray from the path: what a lot of motives in one picture, I would stray away
    gr82bart a picture to store
    Jon King really huge bonsais (thanks for your kind words)
    Tim Gray nice party picture, the atmosphere comes out of the picture
    ozphoto dentist chair: interesting view into a strange scene (thanks for your kind words)
    bdial: Beacon Hill-Railing: interesting detail
    gordrob a nice piece of infrared, inpired me to have to go at this
    Matthijs: Pompeii: brings some thought to think about life, the universe and all other things ;-)
    Bob F. Bamburgh Beach: nice tones and the desire to go the seas one more time
    and last but not least BWKate's glass buttons inspired me to my motive for the next round

So just 7 Postcards to come (I hope so), does anybody heard something or got a card from AdamKap, Allen Friday, brchambe, Lynda or PepMiro?

Thanks for all senders,
    Anke

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    According to my records, I am still waiting on 10.

I sent out 50.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I am one of the slackers, for the second round in a row. I will get the cards done. Sorry for the delay.

Allen

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin