Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,084   Online: 924

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anke,

Quote Originally Posted by Anke Drewitz View Post
    So just 7 Postcards to come (I hope so), does anybody heard something or got a card from AdamKap, Allen Friday, brchambe, Lynda or PepMiro?
    Exactly the same ones I'm still hoping to receive a card from; these and Rlibersky and Sile. Of these, I have only heard from Sile, who is still working on her prints and who is still committed to send them.

Update: Allen, thanks for letting us know.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Same here. I think Sile posted that she sent hers and it's all the way from Ireland. In the last round Stephen Frizza sent me three separate postcards because I kept not receiving them! I did get the last one. He did send the postcard in an envelope and maybe that's why.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've just taken apart the book I was using to show these cards.

These are the folks whose cards I have not received:
    AdamKap - Adam Kaplan
    Allen Friday - Allen Friday
    brchambe - Brian Chambers
    BWKate - Kate Seymour
    k_jupiter - Tim O'Brien
    Lynda - Lynda Pavek
    PepMiro - Josep Miro
    realitysandwich - Perry Manuk
    Rob Skeoch - Rob Skeoch
    Sile - Sheila Jackson

I believe this to be 10 people unless I miscounted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like I said in the other thread mine were sent a week ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have sent my domestic ones, and will get the int'l ones out today.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anke Drewitz View Post
    anybody heard something or got a card from AdamKap, Allen Friday, brchambe, Lynda or PepMiro?

Thanks for all senders,
    Anke
    These are the same people on my list of miscreants, plus Sile. Sile and Allen Friday have acknowledged their lateness (so no problem), but as far as I know the others haven't.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

my comments on r14 cards recieved to the end of September

Adrian D – Love the sense of motion that the blurring of the flywheel entails, and the crisp detail in the shadows, along with the capture of the cloud wisps.

Anke Drewitz –Aan alt process dream that makes me drool at the day in the future when I might have the time to pursue such a craft with the skills that you show here. Great coating and tonal range on this print of an elegantly composed subject with great use of DOF.

Birger A - Great tonal range and a golden expression of innocence on her face. I like the converging lines of the counter edge and the front of the apron.

Black Dog – Love the square print – I wish I had the confidence to do this more often, in this land of 5x7 and 8x10. Nice sharp foreground to blurred background balance.

Bob F – Nice cloud content, with mirroring tone in the crashing waves, with the swishing motion of the water moving in the foreground in the same frame. Great tonality in the shadows of the rocks

Buster 6x6 – The stains on the wall speak to me in this image. These tools do work, and don’t just hang there looking pretty.

CrispinUK – ‘If You Go Out In the Woods Today’ the trees will get you, according to this picture. The tiny bit of white that it’s the sky reinforces this.

David B – the iconography points to eternity, or in this case, another table full of baseball caps – how is that for a commentary on the state of religion today?

DRPSilver – Great eye, to see images like this in the ordinary is a gift I wish that I had. A minor niggle – there are some dust spots on the neg that made the print that I got.

ErikG – Great irony – broken down. Nice use of 1/3rds in the framing.

Gr82Bart- - Carb’s R Us – Greta memories of my Uni days, with shelves, desk, and bed frame comprised of milk crates.

JBannow – Talk to the Heavens- is the image them that I get. The ferns are the sanctuary, the birch trunks the organ pipes, that rise to the sky.

Jon King – the Survivor – I’d like to see how this one would look printed as a high contrast image too.

Johnny Walker – Waves draw your eye expertly to the dog, with a great reflection. I could do to see the horizon either higher or lower – it is a bit too close to the centre of the image for my taste.

Mark Fisher – Great balance and tonality. A super image in a low key style.

Mick Fagan – Love the sharp, crisp detail; great DMax of shadows. A loving depiction of reuse as an option to build as well.

Mike G – Super macro high key image and great DOF. Tasteful symmetry, but with the right degree of unbalance for me.

Moose On The Loose – I love the IR and the blazing white halos adjacent to great DMax areas.

Peter Schrager- A load full of full range of tones. Speaks well of what once was from today’s perspective.

Rob Skeoch – Great details on the tiny fingers of water in this cascade. Nice shutter time selection – details in the sweep of the flow, and great shadow detail.

RST – A nNice record of a scene and time. I would be interested in perhaps seeing how it looks with the foreground printed lighter, and the light areras dodged to still keep the details there as well.

Sly – A great print; I like the balance. I could stand to see a bit more black space at the top, above the highest flower.

Tim Gray – Looks like a real suburban campout – love all of the munchies piled on the table. Then the yahoo thing in guys gets going – lets fire this campout up. You sure captured the moment.

Wazza – A cool shot with nice sharp detail and good framing. I wish I could spot images taking opportunities like this.

If you have not seen your name, and have sent me a card - pm me, and I will dig around and see if I have mis-filed it.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi everyone,

Once again I do apologise profusely for the delay, I posted that I was sending my cards but only finally got that done today. It's been an insane few weeks in work and I genuinely had no time to get to the post office..
    I hope to do a "Rachelle" on it this round and have them printed and sent super fast!

Thanks again for all your patience.
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking forward to seeing your card, Sile!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I had a brief conversation with Perry Manuk today over on flickr. This is what he said,
    "I was pretty bad about printing out my cards. I actually finished the last ones last night so I'm going to trim all of them and hopefully mail them out thursday (my day off). So you and all the other people that think I stiffed them should be receiving them shortly."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin