Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,942   Posts: 1,585,752   Online: 1135

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    My photo of the waterfall was sent out weeks ago, but if you've never received it. Let me know and I'll resend.

-Rob Skeoch
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In my first report, I reported on my first 8 cards (thanks to david b, Mark Fisher, Buster6x6, rst, sly, wazza, mooseontheloose, and drpsilver)

Since then Iíve received a further 10 cards on my list, plus a bonus card from BWKate (thanks Kate!).

The next 10 cards came from Birger A., Black Dog, Bob F, crispinuk, erikg, gr82bart, jbannow, Jon King, Mick Fagan, and Tim Gray. They are all great, and my individual comments follow:

Birger A. - what a great photo of a chef clearly in control of her kitchen (well printed too!)

Black Dog - another square image - warm and evocative of summer sun

Bob F - wonderful surf!

Crispinuk - the trees look like they are reaching out to get me - great depth

erikg - ďEnd of the RoadĒ - great capture

gr82bart - a perfect little gem of a polaroid - just wondering if this is Artís pantry?

Jbannow
    - these trees and ferns seem to be speaking to me - and the audio clip that jeff recorded indicates they are!

Jon King - really interesting trees, really well printed

Mick Fagan - a great print, and a really interesting bathroom (those Aussies!)

Tim Gray - where there is fire ...

BWKate - thanks Kate for the IR bonus!

If you donít count the bonus print from Kate, Iíve now received 18 of 24 cards

I think that Iím still waiting on cards from the following:

AdamKap, Allen Friday, brchambe, Lynda, PepMiro and Sile.

I think that in previous rounds I have had many many wonderful cards from most if not all of them, so Iím happy to remain patient.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah david b.

After I told RST I would do the cards, I realized my darkroom is unusable for the months of June-July-August- and September. It's cooling down now. With work being as hectic as it's been, 12 hour days and three major projects to get out over the summer, time wasn't really available to do much anyway. There was the trip to New Orleans with the kids, I got a bit of shooting in there, there were the tests of the new Deardorff V-8, I developed a couple of 8x10 negatives to prove the 191mm and the 12 inch Ektars really worked, but not more than that. No printing what so ever.

I would finish them up this week but I am busy getting ready for my trip to the Cliff Dwellings of Mesa Verde next week so there isn't much time.

And my Angel fish died today and that has thrown me off my stride.

But david, I will take the rest of my 4x5 APX 100 film (about 75 sheets that didn't get sold to that guy in Boston) and shoot the ruins next weekend. I suspect I might get a suitable postcard out of that.

If I get out of my scheduled trip to Aachen Germany the first of the month, y'all should expect cards around the first week of November. If not, it will be around Thanksgiving.

Never fear david and y'all, I will do the cards. Most people in this group are also in my 'Let's all shoot one camera' group. I would never live this one down and those guys are Brutal (with a capital 'B'). Especially the one in Ireland.

And thanks for caring david,

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    tim,
    you are the best.

Shooter
    35mm

found and sent

David, you worry too much. I sent the cards on Monday and Tuesday, I printed them in July and was ready to reprint, but I found the safe place they ended up in. A box of elastic. I don't know how they got there, but they have indeed gone on their merry way.
    Lynda

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's been 3.5 months since several of us sent out our cards.

No matter. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    DRPSilver – Great eye, to see images like this in the ordinary is a gift I wish that I had. A minor niggle – there are some dust spots on the neg that made the print that I got.
    01 Oct 2008

Mike:

Thank you for your kind words. I really like looking for "images in the ordinary". When wandering around the place I was renting in Hawaii I found this old pump house. Many of the spots that you see are white paint on the walls, and knot holes in the siding (especially in the upper left corner of the image). There is also the possibility that the post office "personalized" the card for you.

I am glad you enjoyed the photograph.

Regards,
    Darwin
    Last edited by drpsilver; 10-01-2008 at 11:36 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Correct spelling

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just received Kate's and Lynda's postcards.

Both are quite amazing and Lynda has me thinking about a new way to shoot.

Very cool. Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I sent out my cards - 6 weeks ago -- did any get through ?
    Simplicius

"defying gravity since 1898"

My Flickr Account

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a teacher who used to say, "The best excuse is no excuse. There are no excuses." Really helped get everyone responsible for themselves in that class. He also used to say, "Your competition is perfect." That'll light a fire under anyone's butt...

But, kidding aside, if you sign up for an exchange and then foresee that it'll be impossible to honor your commitment, let the thread & it's coordinator know as soon as possible, so that everyone doesn't waste their time and money sending you a card.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin