Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,637   Online: 892

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Recv'd Rachelle's card today...very nice infrared image with a nice selenium toning.

Wondering what this looked like without the bleach...?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    Wow! That was fast!! Who knew the post between France and the Netherlands could be so speedy? ;-)
    Not only between France and the Netherlands. Your beautiful card also arrived this morning here in Germany. Thanks a lot, this round you get the price for the first postcard of the round.
    You will ge the price from me too! Very nice card that I got last friday. You put a high quality in the round.
    Thanks,
    Anke

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Rachelle, very nice card. It was very dark in my hall when I first saw the card and I thought the 'rock' was levitating. Good use of HIE, but what will you do now its going?

Ritchie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For this round I did two HIE images from Ireland -- one of the Poulnabrone Dolmen, the other of the Giant's Causeway. For those of you receiving the Giant's Causeway image, I have a bit of an explanation. For some reason, when I printed the cards I didn't do a final check of the final image I wanted to print (I blame it on the fixer ;-)), and as a result I overexposed the lot of them. So then I thought I would try to lighten them up by bleaching them back a bit (a global bleach of the entire image), which worked wonderfully, except for the slight yellowing in the clouds. No matter what I did (and I tried a lot of different things, toners and whatnot) nothing seemed to work. In the end I decided to go with the selenium toning -- the yellow is still there, but a bit more muted. Unfortunately, I didn't have any more postcard stock to print a new batch from, and what paper was left in my darkroom was just grey and muddy. So...I think the image still works nicely, and I hope you do too.

PVia -- without the bleach, there would be no yellowing, but the white moss/lichen is the effect I get when I print it properly (bleach not normally needed). The HIE gives it a different look than straight black and white film (which I also shot), in which the lichens remain in shades of grey.

Ritchie -- I don't know!!! It seems that just as I discover a film or a paper I find out it's been discontinued! (Don't get me started on papers for lith printing...) I have 21 rolls of HIE left -- that should see me out over the next year or so. In the meantime, I'm going to try the various other infrared films out there and see what I like.

rach

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That was incredibly fast Rachelle Wonderful glow and detail. I also like the slight slant of the rock. Well done.
    I bought some 120 HIE film, now the lives are out, cumulus clouds, I am going to use it.

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received mooseontheloose's postcard today. Very nice infrared image. Thank you very much!
    Have only printed half my cards. Out of town family visitors and there goes any time in the darkroom!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I received mooseontheloose's card a few days ago. I'm slow about commenting, sorry. I like the glowing stone effect from the HIE.
    I've managed to print and write out all the addresses on my cards but I always get stumped as to what I should write on them. Might take me a few days. Need to go buy stamps too...
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

First card has arrived

Hello all

I received the card from Rachelle (Mooseontheloose) yesterday. I like the special effect you get with Kodak HIE.

Regards

Birger A.

Shooter
    35mm
    Rachelle's card was the first postcard I have received as an APUG member. It was so exciting! Thank you. Beautiful contrast and a very dramatic effect.

Cara

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I received mine from Mooseontheloose earlier in the week. Nice. Thanks.
    I hope to get my film souped this week.
    Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin