Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,414   Online: 1148

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20242526272829303132 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two more cards arrived today.
    Sheila "Bandstand", very nice tonal values and good presentation.
    Lynda's Washington Avenue Bridge . Good idea, I really like this one totally unique .
    Thank you Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Postcard wall

Well my wall is kinda full - had to start overlapping the cards a bit. I haven't been keeping really good track - just recieved Sile's today, but don't know if I'm still owed any more. It has been a great to recieve such an eclectic selection of images, and I'm looking forward to the next exchange.
    So do I take these down and start over? Put up a new board and eventually cover all the wall space in the house? Maybe I'll get an album of some kind for these and reuse this board. What do you do with yours?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails postcards.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oooh... love your wall Sly. I just keep mine in separate boxes but I like the idea of having the current exchange out on display like that to remind me of what I have received and for when I write out my cards.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have received 41 cards from 50, still hoping to see some more arrivals soon, thank you everyone for another great round.
    Wazza

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For the Australians who are in the next round, remember that starting from the first Monday in November, Oz post has discount postcard stamps for the Christmas season.

I sent some postcards today (not for the next exchange) and postage is currently $1.35, I believe in November it will be $1.20 per postcard.

I'll be sending my postcards in the Christmas special period

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As to what to do with the postcards, once you have all/most of them- I stick them into a 3 ring binger fitted with photo organiser sleeves as they come in. Once I have more than 25 for the current round, I take them out of the binder, and arrange them on foam core to my liking, and then take them in to work. They go up in the lunchroom for a few weeks, and get a good look over by all, and get good discussions going. I ultimately take them home and re-file them to my 'postcards bainder'.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great idea as well Mike!

Received Sile's postcard of a lonely bandstand. Thanks, your card is very nice. Came all the way from Ireland with nary a mark or scratch. Thanks for your kind comment about my postcard!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Three more cards came in today from Lynda, Brian and Sile leaving only 3 more to come in. It looks like I am going to have to give a Holga a try.

Gord

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use a small Itoya book that holds 50 cards. It's perfect for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received Sile's "Bandstand" today. Very peaceful, very nice photo.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin