Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,888   Posts: 1,520,739   Online: 1111

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    29 June 2008

I had the same experience as Ruediger when I received "Tools" from Buster6x6. Greg, you have achieved a distinctive style of photographs.

I also received Ruediger's (rst) card. I like the composition integrating what I call "the kid's view of the world", a view that is closer to the ground than 6 feet. Looking at the corner of the stairwell gives a 3D feeling to the photo. Well done.

Thanks for the cards, and a taste of your view of the world.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, so far it has been nothing but black and white pix taken with Hasselblads and printed on Ilford postcard paper! Strange...

Worked on mine last night. Should have them off soon.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received Sly's "Snow Drops" on Friday. Very nice Lillian, it's a lovely photo. Also Warren's erotic "Roof Top". Took me a while to figure it out as well, but nicely done!
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Well, so far it has been nothing but black and white pix taken with Hasselblads and printed on Ilford postcard paper! Strange...

Worked on mine last night. Should have them off soon.
    I was just going to post the same thing...it looks like a Hasselblad convention!

I went with small format this time with my Leica M2...they go out tomorrow!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you guys for your kind words (Ruediger and drpsilver) it is much appreciated.

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Backlog...

Hi,

I'm just back from a 2 week holiday, most of it spent in the beautiful country of Cymru. Found quite some postcards in the stack of mail, I'll comment on them within a few days, but at first glance they were all terrific. Higher standards each round...

Haven't sent my cards yet; actually, I hadn't decided on a negative yet, as I was hoping that some nice new pictures might turn up between the holiday shots of Wales. So, I'll first develop these rolls of film and then decide on what to send. Could take a couple of more weeks, though, so don't hold your breath, please.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PVia View Post
    I was just going to post the same thing...it looks like a Hasselblad convention!
    Out of 14 cards I received so far only four are done with a Hasselblad, that is obviously more Blads than e.g. Voigtländers but a convention?

Today it happened again, my wife brought in a postcard from the mailbox which I know who sent it without looking at the back. It seems that one learns to know those "old" postcard friends very well. Thanks Mike, you master of the old paper, for "Heading home from the festivities ..." and also for the nice story about it.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Snap...

This is going to sound like I'm copying Kraker's message, but...
    I've just got back from spending most of June in Australia and the job of sorting through the massive pile of junk mail and bills was made more than bearable by the fair size pile of postcards already delivered. I'm going to try and get as much as I can of the mono film from Oz processed by the weekend. Postcards mean holidays to me so if I can find a decent image from this Oz trip I'll use it, otherwise it'll be the back up image I selected before i went away.
    Oooh, that reminds me, that Velvia won't mail itself to the lab, and i'd better order in another box of postcard paper...

Crispin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been gone for about a week and look forward to getting the pile of postcards.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PVia View Post

I went with small format this time with my Leica M2...they go out tomorrow!
    I've been using a Mamiya TLR just to be different [and a Pentax LX/Olympus Trip for the 35mm stuff].
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin