Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,254   Online: 1138

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    I'll volunteer to be #42
    OK, I take the same number of postcards as last time?

And we have an open spot for #43. Anyone interested in that number?

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be #43!

28 for me (I'm stretching out ).

Same address as last time - the one in Delta.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ruediger!
    Nice hat on your avatar!!! LOL
    I am potentially going to be without a darkroom for awhile so I'm printing as much as I can from now until November! I have a decent sized laundry room that could be set up as my darkroom and I'm seriously thinking of doing that if the other darkroom doesn't pan out. My extra room has plumbing and a vent so I'll look up some designs here on Apug.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have been carefully considering and calculating and I'll be #44 - 30 cards like the last time (I think?)
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in too -- for the max. Although I have to say I won't be first out of the gate this round!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm still waiting on 10 postcards from the last round.

Will they ever arrive?
    Last edited by david b; 09-29-2008 at 01:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    I'm still waiting on 10 postcards for the last round.

Will they ever arrive?
    Same here. Well, waiting for 7 in my case. It's putting me off a bit.

It's OK if people are delayed, but please keep the group informed about it.

Now, I don't know whether it's due to people just being delayed, a mishap somewhere in the postal services, or people just not following up their commitment. I hate to think the latter, but sometimes I'm tempted to do so. And that would be bad for this whole exchange...

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just remember if they don't send their postcards from the last round then they can't sign up for this round! I agree it is frustrating. People who don't send their cards usually had some circumstances preventing them from sending them. I like to give them the benefit of the doubt but people need to post if they are late and going to fulfill their commitments.
    I have kept the lists from every postcard exchange I've been in and I don't recall anybody signing up for another exchange if they haven't sent their postcards.

It is not fair that the people that send their postcards spend a fair chunk of change on postage so I can understand your being put off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate View Post
    Just remember if they don't send their postcards from the last round then they can't sign up for this round!
    Correct. But who's keeping track? Ruediger? All of us? Where should I send my list of people whose card I have not (yet) received? I don't want to name-and-shame, so I'm not going to post it here.

It is not fair that the people that send their postcards spend a fair chunk of change on postage so I can understand your being put off.
    To be honest, the money spent is the least of my worries. It's about a commitment. It's about how I see APUG as one big family. I spend time to select, print, write, send my cards, I expect others to do the same. I know (all too well, unfortunately) that events in life cannot be planned and may cause one to be unable to fulfill their commitment. Sure. But even in such a case, I would let the group know at some point.

Maybe I'm rambling a bit now.

Anyway, I'll give it all another try in round 15, but I really hope to receive some more cards from round 14 as well.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Well I see this as a problem since we loose people from the exchange because they get only 75% of their postcards back. It is too bad. But I do also not want to start a public finger pointing.

When I send the address lists, I usually ask for a receive confirmation, that way I can at least make sure that the address list is being read. If you are still waiting for some postcards, send the list of people to me. So I can assemble a list of those people and send out reminders. I may even be able to see if your postcard must have been lost in the mail if it arrived to some people, but not to others.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin