Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,408   Posts: 1,596,403   Online: 836

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    If you are still waiting for some postcards, send the list of people to me. So I can assemble a list of those people and send out reminders. I may even be able to see if your postcard must have been lost in the mail if it arrived to some people, but not to others.
    That would indeed be good to know, Ruediger. I'll have a look at my own checklist this evening; I'll let you know.

Thanks,
    /Jacco

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    We slowly reach the end of sign-up for round 15. Here is the current list of participants. Please check, once the address lists are sent out I can not do anything for you if your name is missing on the list.

But first for something different which comes up every round and I am sad that it has to come up for every round.

There are a lot of people in this exchange who really invest a lot of time to print and write their cards for every round I can remember. And usually if I receive such cards I think "Wow, that is real commitment." They invest far more time than I do into printing and preparing their cards. I think it is fair if they get a postcard back. I think it is fair if everybody gets a postcard back for a postcard being sent. That is what the postcard exchange is all about. It is not one way. It is two way. It is an exchange. And for me it is disappointing to hear that there are people still waiting for 10 postcards of the last round. We were around 50 last round, so 10 out of 50 postcards makes 20 percent.

I do not want to sound harsh, but I try to make my point straight: When I am short in time for whatever reason, then I choose a negative which prints easy without need for dodging or burning or toning. In this case I can print 50 postcards in one evening (two hours to say the truth). If you do not write too much on the back, or if you use labels anyway, then you can make them ready to mail within another evening. So if you already know that you are not able to fulfill your commitment within the next four months, then this is the right time to step back and get off of that list.

I know that there are plenty of reasons which you can not foresee right now. I am not talking about that. This is just live, so who knows what the future brings. But if you sign up and something happens which does not let you fulfill your commitment, please let people know that you are late or unable to send your postcards. It is fair to do so.

So here is the list of the brave:

Adrian D
    Akki14
    aluk
    bdial
    BirgerA
    Black Dog
    bmccarthy007
    Buster6X6
    BWKate
    Cara
    chriswawak
    crispinuk
    david b
    drpsilver
    Eric Mac
    erikg
    gordrob
    gr82bart
    hal9000
    hermit
    johnnywalker
    Jon King
    kraker
    Mark Fisher
    MattKing
    Mick Fagan
    Mike Wilde
    mikeg
    mooseontheloose
    nyx
    ozphoto
    Pete H
    photogeek82
    PVia
    Rob Skeoch
    rst
    rwyoung
    Simplicius
    sly
    stan160
    stu
    Síle
    Tim Gray
    tlsid
    wazza

I am looking forward to this round. On October 1st I will post the final list of participants and I will send out the address lists on October 2nd.

I am looking forward to this round

Cheers
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Medium Format

just add me

Hi,

add me to the list for 30 cards this time.

Anke

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There are some names on this list who have not sent cards for round 14.

Therefore, I will not be sending those person cards until I receive cards.

Sorry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Reudiger:

For those of us who don't sign up for the maximum, can you clarify whether the list of those we send our cards to is the same as the list of those we can expect to receive cards from.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post

Sorry.
    Are you absolutely certain that they have not sent any cards out, and it is not just that you've been unlucky and yours have got lost in the post ?

Personally I was not expecting a 100% exchange. Mail gets lost in transit (or delivered to the wrong house by inumerate/illiterate posties ) and peoples circumstances can change overnight.

I've sent all mine out, if anyone hasn't recieved a card they were expecting from me PM me and I'll print you up a replacement.

Crispin

P.S Thanks BWKate for your card, definitely worth the wait.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Yes Matt,

You should get a postcard from everyone on your list of addresses. And you should not receive a postcard from anyone else - at least not a postcard in the exchange

The same applies for those who signed up or the maximum. Signing up for the maximum means, that you do not have a limit but I do the grouping so that everyone should get as many postcards as being sent. This results in the maximum number of cards sent out being below the number of people in the exchange. With respect to the reached maximum my little program got better from round to round. This is the first round where I use the same version of the program as in last round. So, no new trickery this time.

Cheers
    -- Ruediger

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Reudiger:

For those of us who don't sign up for the maximum, can you clarify whether the list of those we send our cards to is the same as the list of those we can expect to receive cards from.

Matt

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've sent out all mine-please let me know if any haven't arrived and I'll send a replacement[I have plenty of spares printed up].
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post

Sorry.
    To each their own, of course. To me, one of the best things about the postcard exchange, as opposed to a print exchange, is that I don't put massive time and money (at least compared to large prints). It might take me an hour or two to get a postcard to a point that I'm happy with it, then another hour to print out the rest. For the effort it takes to print 5 extra postcards, I can accept that I have never gotten 100%. Sometimes it has been close, other times, not so close. While it isn't cheap to do (and I've been doing the max), there are enough really great cards each round that make the overall effort and cost worth it to me.

I agree is certainly frustrating, and while I've usually haven't checked off people when the cards arrived, I have noticed that cards from a couple of people often didn't to show up, or get mentioned in the thread. After a round or two though, those people generally seem to stop signing up. I'm sure it was their good intention to exchange postcards, but perhaps their lives got in the way, it was way harder than they expected, whatever. I haven't noticed any consistent deadbeats.

Have you pm'd the people you haven't gotten cards from? It seems a more productive way to get the cards, or find out if they haven't than a general statement. Do you fully expect that if the postal services of the world lose one of yours then the other people put you on their 'do not send' list??

P.S. anyone not get one from me who was expecting one last round? If I'm on anyone's black list, please pm me.
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    When a card comes to my home, I mark it off on the list of names I sent cards to.

I somehow doubt that 10 cards got lost in the mail.

I will double check the list.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin