Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,809   Posts: 1,581,528   Online: 939

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, aluk, for the Summer Memories. I also enjoy the selective focus and the angle of view.

Pete

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    A nice little pile of cards now:

Buster by Buster 6x6-nice to meet your namesake!

Lips by Mark Fisher-had fun guessing who did this...and imagining who or what the lips are smiling at.

The Head Gardener by Sly-that garden looks and sounds like a real photographer's paradise.Keep on looking!

Laundry Day by KWhitmore-amazing how little details in the right place [such as the dark shirt] can really make a picture.

Pear House by Anke-lovely feeling of summer warmth and light, enhanced by the paper you used.

Bruges by Pete H-bikes and chocolate-two of my favourite things!

Autumn Photogram by Hal9000-warm and dreamlike-did you tone it?

Eucalypts by Wazza-serene and richly toned.

Beaver by Johnnywalker-at least you got a good picture [love the patterns on the water] even if the beaver didn't fix your dam.

Nighttime Traffic by Mike Wilde-very atmospheric and dreamlike with the two light trails diverging out of the frame. I was a VP fan once too....sobs...

Marrakesh by Stuart Woodall-another great low light shot, though maybe the two figures in the foreground could use a little more detail.

Pines in Fog by Darwin-a very subtle and minimal image which goes to show what you can do with the middle greys.

Waterfall by JST-dark still rocks contrast nicely with rushing still water.

Echinacea by AluK-another warm summery image with selective focus concentrating you attention on the flower in the middle of the frame.

Egyptian Bull by JonKing-a gem as you say..what are these freaky objects doing in the middle of nowhere in the Midwest?

Riverbank by Matt King-looking at this after the previous image, it reminds me of a sculpture too...perhaps of some strange prehistoric fish.

Paris by Tim Gray-I've been watching too much CSI too....

Mysterious Objects by NYX-"there is only the drama of the objects,and you,watching" [Aaron Siskind]

Thanks!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yesterday bdial's card arrived. It's a wonderful moonlight shot - I've spent ages looking at the details of the trees just emerging from the darkness. Thanks!

Pete

Shooter
    35mm
    I think I have all my cards printed, just have to write the addresses and notes on them....Hopefully they will be out shortly, and I'll comment on those I've gotten later too

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have received a whole bunch of wonderful cards:

Mike Wilde: graphically very interesting night shot of a highway fork-in-the-road
    NYX: beautifully toned and very nicely seen shot of cables and cigarette butts on a city surface
    Buster 6x6: nice shot of a very friendly looking dog
    Tim Gray: funny image of pigeon and bike tracks, one can imagine several stories behind it ...
    Darwin: Nicely dreamy forest in fog
    Jon King: Incredible scene with mythological figures in the South Dakotan landscape
    Pete H: Nice Belgian scene
    Blackdog: bright candles in a dark and mysterious table scene
    Lillian Sly: Unbelievable garden scene with stone heads

Thank you all very much, I really enjoyed getting them all.

Some of you asked about the photograms I sent out - each is of course individually made but all with the same one day's collection of Autumn items from the nearby park (Volkspark Friedrichshain). They were toned in Viradon to get a slightly warm feel. The blotchiness is due to the leaves, some parts were still green and some parts brown, I guess that's chlorophyll filtration :-)
    Hal

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mine are finally out the door!

Sorry they are so late, but I sent out my 40 today. I have recieved many fine cards thus far:

Marek's untitled, Anke's Pear House, David's fishpond, Lillian's Head gardener, Matt's riverbank, Tim's "crime scene", Greg's Buster, Pete's Chips & Mayo, Mark's county fair, Hal's Herbstfotogramm, Warren's eucalypts reflection, Jake's war memorial, Darwin's Pines in Fog, Avi's Echinacea, Kathy's bus stop.

Looking forward to another 20+ over the coming days/weeks.

Cheers,

Brian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry for the delay in mine being sent. All went off this week, so they should be arriving soon.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Nobody has to be sorry for being late right now since you are still on schedule. One month for sign-up, two months for printing and sending, one month for people being late (December). And as far as postcards arrived at my door I can say everyone who has not yet sent their cards is in good company.

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    And as far as postcards arrived at my door I can say everyone who has not yet sent their cards is in good company.
    Ruediger, some of your many talents are wasted if you're not a member of the Diplomatic Corps!!
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ruediger's card bounced into my letter box today. I'm reflecting on what to say about the nice flow of the image and the strong geometric patterns. Ruediger, if you had shot during the concert, would we be able to hear 1/60 of a second of Beethoven too, or perhaps an echo of it?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin