Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,694   Posts: 1,548,997   Online: 837

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    ... Ruediger, if you had shot during the concert, would we be able to hear 1/60 of a second of Beethoven too, or perhaps an echo of it?
    Probably more an echo of it but I do not know. I still can hear a lot of beautiful 1/60 seconds of that concert. This is a very nice place. The funny thing was that when I took my seat with the FE2 in my hand the guy next to me looked at it and was surprised "Ah how nice somebody still using film like I do".

Glad you like the card.

Cheers
    Ruediger

PS: I should answer to your post in the "Say something nice ..." thread, but I probably have not enough images in the gallery to force someone else to choose the next one ... But I like your comment. It was worth trying it and insane

Shooter
    Multi Format

Drying as we speak!

Hello All!

Just a line to say thanks to all of you whose cards have arrived through my door over the last few weeks. I enjoy this exchange idea very much, so good to see how other people are "seeing" and working!

Its great to have those snippets of background information written about the making of each image too. It makes each picture a little more unique.

My cards are nearly on their way, they are currently drying off after a dunk in the selenium toner, and should be wafting their way around the world sometime later this week. Thanks for bearing with me.

Please keep up the good work everyone,

Best regards
    Adrian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got 2 more cards today, actually 3, one is from round 14. The round 15'ers: Brian's shot of Derek Jeter. You are right, Brian that I root for Boston, but I'm really more of a football fan, so I don't go nuts at the sight of a Yankee uniform. Jeter is definitely one of those guys that you will say one day "I saw him play... he was something special." You captured a classic baseball scene on a sunny summer day, real Americana. Nice. I also got Ruediger's picture from Tanglewood. One of these summers I have to go out there to see a concert in person, I always hear the broadcasts on the radio, I'm sure I was listening to the concert you attended. Cool picture of the sound panels, such interesting shapes. Funny that they call that place "the shed". Thanks to you both.

I am happy to say that my own cards have gone out today, hope you all like them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Few day's ago I received a card from BDial Full moon on a cloudy night. Very nice. How long was exposure and what film did you use? Was it 120 film?I have tried several times but timing was way off, I guess I have to keep on trying I do like night photography.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Greg, thanks, I'm glad you like it. The film was Ilford SFX 120, exposure was a pure guess of around 5 or 10 seconds, but I didn't note it down. I was on my way out for and errand, saw the light and couldn't resist. Ran in the house, grabbed the tripod and camera and made some exposures.
    Do keep on trying, working at night is fun, some of my best images are night shots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello everybody,
    I've been rushed off my feet one way or another these last couple of months however I have now got a sufficient number of cards printed and hope to get them in the post by the weekend. Unfortunately I just didn't have time to do anything original and have used a neg that I've already posted in the gallery, however you can't beat seeing a print in real life, and that's the excuse I'm sticking to

Thanks to everyone who's sent me a card, getting home each weekend to find a fresh pile of cards has taken some of the sting out of spending so much time working away from home.

Cheers,
    Crispin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just sent my postcards. I also received rst's card. Thank you
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two more cards came in today.
    rst Very good detail and angle of view. Very nice image. Thanks Rudiger I'm glad you and your daughter like Buster.
    Allen Friday( #14 exchange)Lenticular cloud over Mount Cook in New Zealand. Looks very desolate place, nice image though. Better late then never.
    Thanks.
    Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two more cards last week: Aluk's very nice echinacea and Pete's also interesting "Joker". Does Joker has a different meaning in Norwegian than it does in English? I have a Swedish acquaintance who changes his name when in an english-speaking country to Paul, from his given name, Jerker.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    More great cards arrived today.
    So far I've received the cards from the following:

Blackdog
    Buster 6x6
    Darwin
    John King
    Mark Fisher
    Mick Fagan
    Mike Wilde
    Nyx
    Pete Harris
    Sly
    Tim Gray
    Wazza

I'm looking forward to more treasures arriving in the coming post. On location between shots, so will comment later.
    Nanette

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin