Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,504   Online: 1118

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1721222324252627282930 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Síle's card arrived here yesterday too. I like the gondolier's jacket and the grey water: real life instead of Venetian glamour!

cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes, I agree. I too just got Sile's card today -- very nice composition, placing gondola up in top right corner - lovely shot

Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    Síle's card arrived here yesterday too. I like the gondolier's jacket and the grey water: real life instead of Venetian glamour!

cheers
    Pete
    Simplicius

"defying gravity since 1898"

My Flickr Account

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received Sheilas print of a Gondola a few days ago.
    Thanks.

Birger A.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm glad to hear they've made their way both across both ponds safely.. Thanks everyone.
    Thanks for the kind words Jon, Pete H and Simplicius.. I know I have a long way to go with my printing, but this exchange is helping me immensely with composition, just seeing others subject and focus choices is an inspiration.
    Pete.. I too loved the real life Gondolier with his bubble jacket and murky grey water. Also missing from his "uniform" was the straw boater hat.. somehow I don't think they were made for that weather either!
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    25 Feb 2009

Received two cards from Ireland, both very nice. I like how Sile draws the viewer to the subject, and highlights the Gondolier very nicely. Good composition. The card from Simplicius brings an unfortunate message. I seems that every politician in this world wants to cut funding of the education of our children. It is very sad when schools are the "low man on the totem pole".

Thanks for your cards. It is wonderful to see how other view the world they live in.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Simplicius. As soon as I see the eyes in your subjects, I know it's one of your postcards - very well done!
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon King View Post
    Simplicius. As soon as I see the eyes in your subjects, I know it's one of your postcards - very well done!
    Thanks so much , glad you liked it.....
    Simplicius

"defying gravity since 1898"

My Flickr Account

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received Sile's: postcard today! Turned out really good, Sheila! My card has barely a scratch on it. I've been to Venice and it's a magical place. Well done and thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Received Kate's card... I love the dry ice effect...it almost looks like you captured a scene from an outdoor play. I also like how the shadow of the chains direct your eye over to the "characters". Very nice, thank you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Darwin, glad you liked it!
    And thank you Kate.. I'm glad you liked it too.. I've a long way to go before I get the tones you did in your card.. They're just stunning..
    But at least now I have round 16 to practice on
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin