Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,512   Online: 1101

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received my first card today, all the way from Australia. Thanks Wazza. A nicely toned image of Eucalypts reflected in the water. Wazza tells me my postcard from round 14 didn't arrive, so a replacement will go out on Monday.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received the first two cards for this round:

Wazza's Eucalypts
    Mike Wilde's Time exposure - I always love these types of images!

Nanette

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Got the first five cards this week: johnnywalker's cool pic of a beaver in the pond, great shot. Not much wildlife like that around where I live. I also got Mike Wilde's night shot looking over an expressway. Very graphic, all those people moving along. Like that you are working the old materials too, I loved Verichrome, you almost couldn't mess that stuff up. We will miss it.
    Today I received Warren Hinder's landscape: trees and their reflection in a river or lake. Beautiful composition and tonality. Works great right side up or upside down. I also got Mark Fisher's shot from his County Fair series. Really nice. I love that type of graphic detail, and you composed it just perfectly. Finally for today I got hal 9000's photogram with the autumnal motif. You got some really beautiful tonality in this one and I love the warm color. Neat to think that you are making a series of unique prints for the exchange, at least I can't think of anyway to make one photogram exactly like another.

Looks like a great round underway. Thank you all!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received Warren Hinder's beautiful landscape of Eucalyptus trees reflected in some water.
    Nicely done Wazza! Thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Have received Johnnywalker's beautiful beaver in pond shot, Mike Wilde's moody and captivating hwy 427 Ontario and Jakes brandy flaming homage to christmas, only 10 shopping weeks to go. Thankyou all Wazza

Shooter
    35mm
    Over the past few days I got lovely cards from Johnny Walker, Wazza, and Mark Fisher - thanks to all. I hope to put in some darkroom time later this week, or perhaps on the weekend, so that I can get those cards printed!

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have recieved Johnny Walker's, Mike Wilde's and Wazza's photos for this round.
    John, I picked up my mail after midnight after a very long day. Your beaver looked very peculiar to me, but I couldn't figure out what was off. I looked at it again after a decent amount of sleep and realized I'd been looking at it upside down. AHHH! I like it!
    Mike, I enjoy the graphics of your image, but I don't miss the GTA. Just not a city girl. Good for you for putting in the time and patience to get this shot.
    Wazza - trees! I like trees! I enjoy the symetry of the shot. It is beautifully printed too.

I got my cards into the mail. They are inkjet prints from a slide scan. Sorry, but my spouse's recent illness has put me so far behind on my darkroom work I would have been months late with silver prints. Please let me know how the inkjets hold up through the mails.

Looking forward to more wonderful cards this round.
    Last edited by sly; 10-21-2008 at 02:35 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

stu

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Nice idea. Half my cards are sent - the other half not even printed. Only had a couple of hours in the darkroom on darkroom day (Sunday!)
    I think the other half will be of a different, I have a low boredom threshold!

Thanks to Mark Fisher - nice shot, definitely interesting when out of context like that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In last couple of days I have received 5 /15 round cards an two stragglers from round #8 from David A Goldfarb Fishpond in Hawaii ,and postcard from round #11 fromSamad "Graveyard plot markers" thank you very much.

Round #15 Mike Wilde Interesting subject on VPL film and old paper that we are used from Mike.
    Johnny Walker with nice story to go with his cotribution for round five
    Wazza Eucalyptus in NSW wonderful photograph with my favorite lens
    Mark Fisher one of his famous carnival series detail.
    hal9000My first photogram especially with a maple leaf ,thank you.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three more showed up today:

Mark Fisher's country fair series -- love the graphic element!

Hal's photogram -- also a first for me

Lillian's 'The Head Gardener' -- I really like the composition and colours. As a slide- and FE-shooter myself, it really speaks to me.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin