Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,241   Online: 915

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was really disappointed with Jon's photo.....I thought it had to be a photoshop creation until I looked at the back (: A very fun image and well printed....well done

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Time to catch up on 'cards received'. Since my last update, I have received cards from:

wazza, Eucalypts, absolutely great composition, works like a charm, but to be honest, I miss the whites. Great to see it upside down as well.
    Mark Fisher, well, that's contrast, sure enough! Nice one, it's really great to see you sticking to (well, getting back to) your series of county fairs.
    Black Dog, Gathered from coincidence. It's a beauty. The reflection of the sun on the water... As a side note: you really have a very ...errrr... artistic way of thinking up titles for your photos. Wish I had a bit of that!
    sly, The Head Gardener (talk about nice titles!)... mystical, colourful, a lot to see.
    drpsilver, when I found this on the doormat, I thought: hm, looks slightly underexposed? Oh, wait, let me read the back. Ah! Fog! That changes things! I think it's a beauty! Thanks!
    MattKing, a great find, great composition. Nature can be such an inspiration. I like it a lot!
    Jon King, a gem indeed. Is this the Bronica RF645 again?
    Anke Drewitz... just great! I really should try to visit Jena while my cousin still lives there (too bad he's leaving in a few months...). Didn't visit Dornburg castle when I was there... Great shot, and the print comes out well!

Hm, things are moving quite fast, I have a feeling I'm lagging behind (I know I'm not the only one, though). And another weekend without spending time in the darkroom has (almost) passed... better luck next weekend?! I'll keep you updated on my (lack of) progress!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Went away on a vacation and found 6 more cards in our mailbox upon my return. I got jon king's Egyptian Bull, great shot, love how you framed it and what a perfect subject for a travel postcard. Folks in SD must have a lot of time on their hands. Really nicely printed too.
    I got BlackDog's Chance Encounter: something rather mysterious about the interactions of these people and dogs. Nicely balanced.
    Next is Tim Gray's Paris shot. Crime scene is exactly what I thought even before I read the caption. Really looks like something sinister happened, but what have the birds been up too? Cool find.
    Anke Drewitz' Pear House: very romantic rustic window. I like the warm tone of the paper, seems right for the subject.
    I also got MattKing's picture of the driftwood along the Fraser river. I like the angle and the high horizon line, really moves the eye into the picture. Has an Ansel-near-far thing going on, well done.
    Finally for now is drpsilver's Pines in Fog. Darwin, I guess the lesson is be careful what you wish for, but it could also be to work with what you are given. Well handled, the picture has a really nice mood to it.
    Thanks everyone.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    Anke Drewitz... just great! I really should try to visit Jena while my cousin still lives there (too bad he's leaving in a few months...). Didn't visit Dornburg castle when I was there... Great shot, and the print comes out well!
    Hi Jacco,

love to hear you like the print and you and all other here are welcome to Jena even if your Cousin will have left it

And wow, only three days for a card to go overseas to the USA, this was obviously faster than within Germany, thanks Erik for your kind words.

Anke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hopefully I'll get an internet connection at home today. Then I'll be able to comment on all the great cards that have arrived without spending work time on it ...

I finally got the wiring done in the new darkroom too, and inaugurated the darkroom with a postcard printing session. There are still about 20 to print, so they should be out in the next week or so.

Pete

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    OK, my postcards are not ready yet, but I will have time at the weekend to print them and then they should go out into the mail next week.

In the mean time the postcards of my daughter went into the mail and should receive your mailbox soon. She is 10 years old and during last round when I got all the nice postcards and she just did not get any mail, she decided that she wants to get more mail. So she signed up in the exchange although I described to her that it is not only about receiving postcards, but also about printing and sending postcards. "That is no problem, I can do this!" So I assisted in the darkroom. That means I was allowed to operate the paper-safe and watch her doing all the rest.

I received a lot of great cards so far, as there are:

Mark Fishers continuation of his county fair series. Great, I like this series, so don't stop it.

stu sent a funny card which I also would say it shows a county fair at night.

Then I got a very nice color image The Head Gardener from sly. I do not know why, but to me it looks a bit like a coloized B&W. Thanks for the glowing colors.

As I already said, Mike Wilde sent a reminder to my summer vacation. Thanks a lot for that. And I also like the image composition-wise.

Black Dog sent me a Christmas Pudding. Delicious.

Hal9000 was so nice to send me a photogram. I usually enjoy his images showing the current state of Berlin. Now, it is also autumn in Berlin, so I enjoy this one too.

johnnywalker sent a beaver to me. Definitely one of my kids favorites. Well, I like it too.

The gem that Jon King found in South Dakota looks funny. Well printed. I like that contrast. Thanks. Also for sharing your time when we met in Nashua, that was a great morning.

I like the Eucalypts sent by wazza. Due to the dark tones in the water, the lower part looks nearly as if it was the negative for the upper part.

Pines in Fog from drpsilver carries very nice light tones. I am usually not a friend of not enough contrast. In this case it is just great.

MattKing sent an image of the banks of Fraser river. I like the composition. This is just great. One of my favorites of this round.

And that brings me to my next favorite of this round, Anke Drewitz sent Birnbaumhaus (yes, I got the German title), a very nice composition, perfectly printed on some old Orwo paper which very well contributes to the subject. Thanks.

And then I also got the postcard of jst, my daughter. The Flume. Well, this was no surprise since I watched her when she took the image during our summer vacation and I also watched her when she printed the postcards.

That is all the cards of round 15 that I received so far. I am looking forward to the rest.

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, I have printed and send my cards today, what a marathon, enjoy.

Last two days I have received three more cards.
    First: by Matt King Beautiful image on the banks of Fraser river great diagonals and tonality.
    Second: by Anke Drawitz " Birnbaumhaus " another beautiful image with exquisite tonal value , so far my favorite image. Very well done, I love it Anke.
    Third:Tim GrayGood observation and execution . Nice.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I feel guilty -- all these cards coming in, and I have at least a few weeks ahead of me before I can get into a darkroom while I move to a new apartment.

Tim - I really like the way you framed this image of the pigeon tracks. I've seen scenes like this so many times in my life but you've managed to capture the underlying humour implied.

Anke - Your card's arrived with plenty of time to spare! Lovely shot of the pear house. I really like the play of light in this picture.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sent my cards out yesterday. Thanks for all the great cards guys!

Johnny Walker - At first I thought it was an abstract, I turned it over and over several times until the light bulb finally went on. And wow! I grew up near a river with lots of these inhabitants so thank you. Your card really brought me back.

Warren Hinder - You know, I've never really lusted after a Hasselblad until now. Thanks alot! Your Eucalypts are just stunning.

Lillian Sly - A bizarre and interesting mix of colorful foliage and human heads. Excellent workout with the Nikon for Halloween.

Jon King - I would never have guessed South Dakota was the origin of this shot. Never. So glad you went for that drive...

Black Dog - This one is full of mystery. What's the story here...what's the guy with the hat thinking? Afraid of dogs? Love it.

Mark Fisher - This close-up is sweet...great composition with bold tones.

drpsilver - How lucky are you that the weather gave you just what you wanted? I really like the high key tones...soft and dreamy.

Tim Gray - Crime scene? Definitely. I think the pigeon had an accomplice or two...

Thanks again, another great round.

-Kathy

nyx

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I managed to send my cards today. I hope you'll like them.

I already got plenty of nice cards from other members. I especially liked MattKing's, Tim Gray's, wazza's, Mark Fisher's. Also the card from Marrakech was nice, I returned from Morocco and found it in my mailbox. It looked very familiar and then I read the description.

Only disappointing thing is that I have some orange barcode printed on most overseas cards. Is it normal or just some czech post speciality?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin