Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,481   Posts: 1,571,145   Online: 1175

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    That is exactly what I think Nicole. In 1000 years from now, the internet generation in history will be called the dark ages II because they will almost know nothing about us.

Cheers
    -- Ruediger
    Because of this, I make a point to write actual letters to friends still. Not many, but one every once in a while. The post cards are a great touch too. I always print about 10 extras to mail out to friends and family with a nice, somewhat random note.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last couple of day's received three more cards.

First: stu I am not sure how the title reads" Berber boy"?
    Great resolution and contrast, what equipment did you use? Very nice tones.
    Second: "The flume" From Judith Stobbe? Great water movement,captured well. Good contrast. I am always interested what equipment was used?
    Third: KWhitmore with " The roads are boring" very interesting image captured well against the light.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster6X6 View Post
    ... Second: "The flume" From Judith Stobbe? Great water movement,captured well. Good contrast. I am always interested what equipment was used?
    Hi Greg,

I jump in for my daughter. She used my Nikon FE2 with a 85mm lens attached. That was also the reason I have not many images from the Flume because she had my camera most of the time. This image is one of the less experimental ones Film was a Fuji Neopan 400 which was developed in ID11 1+1. She printed on Ilford MG IV RC developed in Moersch SE2 WT.

BTW, she is very excited. She got some really nice postcards so far and yours is one of her favorites. How come?

Cheers
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sorry I've not been posting my received cards lately. Had some family things pop up in the last week or so. I think these are all the cards I've received:
    sly
    wazza
    Mark Fisher *I think? I can only really make out Mark on the card sorry!
    DRPSilver
    Jon King
    Tim Gray
    Black Dog
    Anke Drewitz
    Kathy (KWhitmore?)
    Buster 6x6
    nyx
    I have about 2/3s of my cards printed and filled out at the moment so hopefully will still make the deadline...
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

stu

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster6X6 View Post
    Last couple of day's received three more cards.

First: stu I am not sure how the title reads" Berber boy"?
    Great resolution and contrast, what equipment did you use? Very nice tones.

Greg
    Thanks Greg. Glad you like it. I shot it on my Leica M2 with 50mm Summilux on Tri-x. As for the rest of it, film in ID11, the print in Multigrade.

Titles... I'm never sure what to do there. I usually go for matter of fact. This kid was a 'berber boy,' and that is as much though as went into it.

Just after this shot, the 'berber boy' got up and started hitting the hoop down the mountain with a stick. unfortunately, the sight of me and my camera (unoticed until that point) put him off and we both stood and watched the hoop bounce and roll into the valley below!

So much for my unintrusive approach to photography. Ooops.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki14 View Post
    Sorry I've not been posting my received cards lately. Had some family things pop up in the last week or so. I think these are all the cards I've received:
    sly
    wazza
    Mark Fisher *I think? I can only really make out Mark on the card sorry!
    DRPSilver
    Jon King
    Tim Gray
    Black Dog
    Anke Drewitz
    Kathy (KWhitmore?)
    Buster 6x6
    nyx
    I have about 2/3s of my cards printed and filled out at the moment so hopefully will still make the deadline...
    If it is a very high contrast image of some lips on a carnival ride, it is mine. Might be tough to tell it is a carnival ride since I removed the context.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've received three more: Judith's White Mt. Flume -- well done! Way to fill the frame, great balance and contrast. Kathy's Laundry Day -- interesting location and I like the way you framed it, the spiral stair is especially cool. Buster 6x6's pooch portrait of Buster. Great pic, he looks like a good friend, and now we know the origin of your apug id. Thanks folks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ruediger , Judith sure made a great image keep her shooting . Stu I had an idea it was something as Leica , wonderful image.
    ericg thanks for your comments.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Buster for the buddy. Nice shot.
    Also thanks, nyx, for the fascinating abstract. I'm still working on the interpretation.

Pete

stu

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hi all,

I haven't yet expressed my thanks for all the lovely postcards so far. I have arranged them on the wall by my desk at work. I work in an advertising agency, and unsurprisingly all the creative types come over to have a good look at them. They love them, quite a talking point!

So, my thanks so far go to
    drpsilver
    Warren Hinder
    Lillian Sly
    Tim Gray
    Mark Fisher
    Nyx
    Buster6x6
    Black Dog

Great stuff. Thank you.
    Last edited by stu; 11-12-2008 at 12:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin