Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,028   Online: 820

Page 1 of 30 123456711 ... LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images

Postcard Exchange Round 15 Results and Feedback ...

Hi all,

As for the previous rounds, let us collect collect comments, feedback and everything else belonging to the postcard exchange 15 in this thread, now that sign up is over and the address lists are posted. Please also post a note here when your postcards have been sent out.

Welcome to all of you who are new to the exchange - Thanks for trying this out. And also welcome to those well known people being already in previous rounds - Thanks for coming back.

I resign now from the job of organizer for this round and be a normal participant again. But I will be back to organize round 16 which will start with sign-in in January.

Have fun and ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks again Reudiger.

Because I often find myself looking for it, here is a reprint of the list:

The List:

Adrian D (30)
    Akki14 (30)
    aluk (30)
    Anke Drewitz (30)
    bdial (30)
    BirgerA (MAX)
    Black Dog (MAX)
    bmccarthy007 (40)
    Buster6X6 (50)
    BWKate (30)
    Cara (MAX)
    chriswawak (10)
    crispinuk (50)
    david b (50)
    drpsilver (MAX)
    Eric Mac (25)
    erikg (MAX)
    gordrob (30)
    gr82bart (MAX)
    hal9000 (25)
    hermit (30)
    johnnywalker (30)
    Jon King (50)
    jst (15)
    kraker (30)
    KWhitmore (30)
    Mark Fisher (MAX)
    MattKing (28)
    Mick Fagan (MAX)
    Mike Wilde (30)
    mikeg (30)
    mooseontheloose (MAX)
    nyx (MAX)
    ozphoto (25)
    Pete H (MAX)
    PVia (30)
    Rob Skeoch (MAX)
    rst (MAX)
    rwyoung (20)
    sage (MAX)
    Simplicius (20)
    sly (MAX)
    stan160 (50)
    stu (20)
    Síle (MAX)
    Tim Gray (MAX)
    tlsid (25)
    Valerie (30)
    wazza (MAX)

One gentle request for those whose handwriting is as bad as mine - please print your APUG name and/or actual name on your cards. That way I'll know for sure who to thank!

Thanks in advance to all those who will send their cards.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

mike wilde's cards are mailed

my schedule in the coming few weeks is looking heavier, so I shot off the mark this time.

Made backer cards and addressed them yesterday at lunch, just after the adress pm message arrived.

Printed on old FB paper - nothing new on that for me.

Cut the paper down to size after work, and printed and processed in batches of 8, taking a short break to join the family for dinner. Last 8 processed after dinner, then left all the card photos rocking in the print washer while we went out shopping for a bit. Bought stamps as part of the trip.

Once back home, I got the kids to bed, then fished the basket out of the washer, squeegeed the back with the face against a ferrotype sheet to get the worst of the water off, them placed them into a blotter roll.

My little guy got up around 4:30 this morning to go to the bathroom, and I got up to give him a hand. I'll do anything to get him clear of pull up diapers and into underwear for overnight sleeping all the time, because then the nappie money will become photography money.

So while I was up I unloaded the blotter roll onto screens to accelerate the drying, and fished out the dry mount tissue and dry mount tacking iron and press to be ready for later. Back to bed until the alarm went off.

After mom was out the door to work, and the kids ready to go to school, I dry mounted the backer card to the prints. The curl in the old FB was wicked.

At lunch, trimmed the cards, applied stamps, and walked them to the post box in front of the office.
    my real name, imagine that.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    All mine are already printed and I'll send them out when I get back to Derbyshire in a week or so.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Mike Wilde won the race to my mailbox. Thanks Mike, what a nice reminder to my summer vacation. I visited friends in Mississauga and from there I went on the QEW to Toronto. And thanks for trying out another old paper for us

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hey folks,

I am a newcomer to the analog world -- I've only fired up the old basement darkroom two or three times so far. So please, be gentle!

The paper, if anyone's wondering, is Kodabromide postcard paper, probably from some time in the late 1980s or early 1990s. I picked it up (only 25 cents a pound!) at the local darkroom store. It was my first foray into a graded paper, and it was quite a challenge getting something on the paper that actually looked interesting.

Anyhow, my prints should be out in the mail on Thursday. I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed making them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received Mike Wilde's slightly bent postcard. That was one thick paper, eh!
    Interesting shot of traffic from an overpass. Spent a very productive day in the darkroom and finished printing all of my postcards. The writing part always takes me a little while but at least this round I'm ahead of my usual lateness. Have to print next round's as well as of Oct.24th I won't have my darkroom anymore. My group has to relocate our darkroom by the end of this month. I'm in shock and denial. (I LOVE THIS DARKROOM) This is going to be so hard but at least I get to spend a lot of quality time in there until it's gone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    10 Oct 2008

Half of my cards are drying as I write this post. The other half will be printed by nights end. I would like to get the cards labeled and in the mail by the end of next week. (With some luck this could happen!)

Kate, I am sorry to hear that you will be without a darkroom. Is it possible to find another place to satisfy your need to be in a room lit by an amber light? I wish you the best in your search for a new place to print.

I received Mike Wilde's card. Mike certainly gets the award for "first out of the gate" this round. I really like to effect of diverging/converging traffic that lead the eye into the print. The "hanging lights" (street lights) in the sky give one the sense of UFO hovering above the road. Thanks for the card.

Regards,
    Darwin
    Last edited by drpsilver; 10-11-2008 at 12:38 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added comment to Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Darwin,
    We're working on finding a new location. There's just no way I can survive without a darkroom. Not going to happen....

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, round 15 has begun. Mike Wilde's was the first card to arrive. Great picture, great print. Great to see what can still be done with older paper. I like it a lot! A very good start of this round.

One more thing, a simple copy and paste from an earlier round: if you have some cards to spare and want to thank some (one, two or three) of the people who make this all possible, here's three suggestions:

Sean
    P.O. Box 478
    Whangaparaoa
    Hibiscus Coast
    New Zealand

Simon Galley
    HARMAN technology Limited,
    Town Lane,
    Mobberley,
    Knutsford,
    CHESHIRE
    WA16 7JL
    UK

(Ask Simon why there's only 5 lines for addressing on the Ilford Postcard paper, when his address takes 8... ) <-- sorry, couldn't resist...

Mary Jane Hellyar
    President Film Products Group
    Eastman Kodak Company
    343 State Street
    Rochester, New York 14650
    USA

Remember, only if you want to; you will not be getting a postcard in return, but it's a nice gesture.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Page 1 of 30 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin