Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,681   Online: 1239

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

duplicates

Quote Originally Posted by wrench View Post
    Just a quick question, do folks who send out postcards send the same image to everyone or do they switch things up and send out different photos to everyone on their list? Either way, I'd like to participate, it sounds like a lot a fun and a good excuse to spend more time in the darkroom. I'll send a PM once I decide how many cards I can reasonably make depending on whether or not they are going to be all the same or all different images.
    Wrench - Most people seem to make multiple copies of one image. Some choose a few images, so not everyone gets the same one. One person in this last exchange sent photograms, and they were all unique. It's up to you.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Yes please!

Hi Ruediger,

Can you count me in for 20 this time please? Looking forward to another great round.

Thank you for all your work,

All the best,
    Adrian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Apologies Rudiger, I realise I've just spelt your name wrong...

Cheers
    Adrian

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sign me up for the max-same address.Happy new year to you all!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian D View Post
    Apologies Rudiger, I realise I've just spelt your name wrong...

Cheers
    Adrian
    No Adrian, if spelled without German umlauts, then Ruediger is just OK. The correct spelling would be Rüdiger, but everyone without a German keyboard layout would have a hard time typing it. But Rudiger is also OK for me. I think the English pronunciation of Rudiger better matches the German pronunciation of Rüdiger.

So here is the list of the first 17 participants:

Adrian D (20)
    Black Dog (MAX)
    crispinuk (50)
    gordrob (30)
    hal9000 (25)
    johnnywalker (30)
    jst (15)
    kraker (30)
    KWhitmore (30)
    Mark Fisher (MAX)
    OMU (10)
    Peter Markowski (30)
    rossawilson1 (24)
    rst (MAX)
    rwyoung (25)
    sly (MAX)
    wazza (MAX)

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'd be interested in hearing how people go about doing prints for the exchange. I suspect that many of us have a routine set up that makes it easier.

Here's two things that I do:
    I choose the negative that takes a minimum of dodging and burning (I try to limit to one easy burn). If you do that, then making 40 doesn't take much more time than 10.
    I switched to 5x7 paper. It doesn't cost much more than postcard paper (probably less if you use Arista or Kentmere paper) and I can use a fixed sized easel. Also, it costs the same to send it overseas from the US as a standard post card.

I'd really like to find out a good way to print the labels. I have not yet managed to import the list to a standard label format! I'd like to handwrite it, but the post office could never read my handwriting!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Ruediger,
    I'm up for 45 this time, same address.

Looking forward to another excellent round!

Nanette

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark (and others too, if you find this useful):

I recently found a proofing easel on eB**, which makes it easy to put four 4x5 prints on one 8x10 sheet, so for my the last two exchanges I've sent out 4x5 cards.

Prior to using the proofing easel, I was printing two 5x7s on one 8x10 sheet. I use a four blade easel, so I needed to tape masks in the appropriate places on the easel for this to work.

I like the larger cards, and the postage (in Canada) is the same, so I might go back to them.

I try to use a negative that I don't have to split grade.

For the labels, I use the mail merge functions in my word processing software (WordPerfect). I use that function for lots of different things, so it isn't that difficult for me to use the search and replace functions in that software to re-format the comma delimited list into a data file suitable for the merge.

The first attachment is the form file I used for the last exchange. I used it to print three small labels (Avery 5160) for each card.

The second attachment is the data file I used with just one example address shown - that of our fearless leader, Sean (whose mailing address has been posted publically in these threads).

The attachments have been pdf'd - if you don't use WordPerfect they may not be in the same in format as you would use. In addition, I've modified the data file slightly to make it more visible (by taking out the page breaks).

Hope this helps.

Matt

P.S. I try to add at least a handwritten signature, if not a short handwritten note as well.
    Attached Files

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi everyone!
    After the long hiatus and subsequent backlog clearance, I'm back for the postcard exchange.

Please sign me up for 50 cards. Thanks.

Samad

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Rüdiger,

In for the max, again. My New Year's resolution for postcards is to actually type into APUG the wonderful thoughts I've had each time I've received one in the mail.

Jonathan
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin