Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,764   Online: 977

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Hi all,

here is an update on the list of participants, please check for your name and if the user name is spelled correctly and also if the number of postcards is correct. Thanks.

The list:

Adrian D (20)
    Allen Friday (MAX)
    aluk (30)
    Andrei Ionita (20)
    BirgerA (MAX)
    Black Dog (MAX)
    bpaties (25)
    bwakel (20)
    Cara (40)
    crispinuk (50)
    david b (50)
    drpsilver (MAX)
    Eric Mac (25)
    gordrob (30)
    hal9000 (25)
    johnnywalker (30)
    Jon King (MAX)
    jst (15)
    Kraker (30)
    KWhitmore (30)
    Lynda (MAX)
    Mark Fisher (MAX)
    MattKing (24)
    Mick Fagan (MAX)
    Mike Wilde (30)
    mikeg (35)
    nuckabean (10)
    OMU (10)
    ozphoto (45)
    Pete H (MAX)
    Peter Markowski (30)
    Roger Bulcock (30)
    rossawilson1 (24)
    rst (MAX)
    rwyoung (25)
    Samad Asad (50)
    sly (MAX)
    thomsonrc (20)
    Tim Gray (MAX)
    tlsid (25)
    trotkiller (25)
    wazza (MAX)
    wrench (MAX)

We are 43 so far. Those who signed up for the maximum will have to send either 40 or 41 postcards.

Cheers
    Rüdiger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll be in for 30 cards,

Anke

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    My daughter in living in new Zealand for a few years, with the possibility it will become permanent. Today I was reading her blog "Skiffer the Driffter" and came across the following regarding post cards:

"Actually, the best postcards I tend to get are blank. My dad sends them, or more likely his secretary Jean does. They only words are my address, the return address, and the type of information you find under photographs and fine paintings in an art gallery.

The information describes the picture on the other side of the card; one that my dad has definitely taken. These are not your usual family photos from a cheap digital camera. His photographs usually involve tripods, cameras that look like they came straight from the 1800s (and which he often built himself), and types of film and development that most people have never even heard of. The photos are invariably amazing.

I love these cards for the same reason I love to write postcards. The cards remind me that someone very far away loves me, is thinking of me, and has taken the time to create something unique to send to me. They've taken time away from all the demands and people who surround them daily to do something nice for me. And I just think that's really special."

Her post got me thinking.

I wonder if it is possible to get her included in the exchange. If it is, I will do two post cards (one for me and one for the cards sent to her). What do you think?

Allen

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Friday View Post
    I wonder if it is possible to get her included in the exchange. If it is, I will do two post cards (one for me and one for the cards sent to her). What do you think?
    Not a problem for me, I can manage this. As long as you send two different cards

Well and you need to PM her name and address and how many postcards she is going to "send".

Cheers
    Rüdiger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    Not a problem for me, I can manage this. As long as you send two different cards

Well and you need to PM her name and address and how many postcards she is going to "send".

Cheers
    Rüdiger
    I was going to suggest we include Allen's daughter as a one time optional 'bonus' address (the address being given by PM of course) in the same way as we can send an extra card to Kodak, Ilford, Fuji etc. However Rüdiger's suggestion of a 'virtual' participant works just as well for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm happy to send out an extra card.

cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    HI there .... hope I am not too late put me in for 30 this time too ........... It is addictive and love the idea of the extra card reaching all the way to NZ ...
    Simplicius

"defying gravity since 1898"

My Flickr Account

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd be happy to make an extra card for Allen's daughter. She deserves a deluge of postcards after that nice blog.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My 30 postcards are finally in the post..... Could I please join again for this round? I don't mind sending one to Allen's daughter in NZ.
    Right now I have no darkroom but I can get an image printed from film at the lab that I work at if that's okay. I would like to send 30 as per my usual amount. I usually send a couple extra to some Apug members who send me an extra card.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    So here is the plan, Shannon (Allens daughter) is in the exchange, so whoever has her on the list, please send a card to her, it is not optional. You will get a card from Allen back. If you also have Allen on your list, please also send a card to him, you will get a second and different card from him in return.

And here is the list, there are still open seats and the booking window is open until tomorrow. I think it is again a vital mix of well known long term postcarders and new faces. I am looking forward to it.

Adrian D (20)
    Allen Friday (MAX)
    aluk (30)
    Andrei Ionita (20)
    Anke Drewitz (30)
    BirgerA (MAX)
    Black Dog (MAX)
    bpaties (25)
    bwakel (20)
    BWKate (30)
    Cara (40)
    crispinuk (50)
    david b (50)
    drpsilver (MAX)
    Eric Mac (25)
    gordrob (30)
    hal9000 (25)
    johnnywalker (30)
    Jon King (MAX)
    jst (15)
    Kraker (30)
    KWhitmore (30)
    Lynda (MAX)
    Mark Fisher (MAX)
    MattKing (24)
    Mick Fagan (MAX)
    Mike Wilde (30)
    mikeg (35)
    nuckabean (10)
    OMU (10)
    ozphoto (45)
    Pete H (MAX)
    Peter Markowski (30)
    Roger Bulcock (MAX)
    rossawilson1 (24)
    rst (MAX)
    rwyoung (25)
    Samad Asad (50)
    Shannon Friday (MAX)
    Simplicius (30)
    sly (MAX)
    thomsonrc (20)
    Tim Gray (MAX)
    tlsid (25)
    trotkiller (25)
    wazza (MAX)
    wrench (MAX)

Cheers
    Rüdiger

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin