Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,950   Posts: 1,585,960   Online: 923

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Some notes on the cards I have received so far:

Pete H - Louvre. Beautiful split tone print. You could write a story about this scene
    Wayne - Lighthouse. Great print
    Warren - Overpass. Nice composition
    Allen - Grain Elevator. Great print lovely tonal detail
    Jake - Shadow Glass. Nice still life.
    Barry - Watership Down. Beautiful. You captured the essence of a misty day on the downs
    John A - Dakota. Great print full of character
    Tim - Angry. Nice print. You can almost feel the tension
    Ritchie - Taxi. Nice tone. Good reportage
    Darwin - Shack. Good image. Make you think of the current financial climate
    Trotkiller - Homestead. Great detail with nice tones
    Mark F - Monkeys. Great tone, made me smile
    Jon K - Cigarettes. Good high contrast image
    Shannon F - Milford Sound. Nice print great sense of scale
    Lillian S - Clevedon Seafront. Nice print
    Ross W - Prague. Atmospheric scene, good composition

Thank you all
    Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roger, your card arrived here today. You just can't beat the tonality of a contact print, and Rievaulx is a great place for large format!

Also thanks to Judith for the dog in the forest of legs. It's a very dynamic composition and the legs frame the dog very well.

cheers
    Pete

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ross-the paper is Forte Polywarmtone.Sadly there is no more Forte paper but luckily I still have a stock.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    3 more cards in last week:

1. #12: Ruediger’s Castle Altdahn: Wonderful image, love the harmony of your idea of pinhole and mystery of castles. Nice to see Neopan Acros in Xtol, 1&1 …
    2. #13: Peter M’s Edmonton Sleigh Ride sans snow: Ok where to start fantastic detail and sharpness even in thickest trees, super tones and now I get a little more why Leica’s are raved about.
    3. #14: Rodger Bulcock’s Trees Scrachface Lane: Fantastic textures and light and shadow --
    Simplicius

"defying gravity since 1898"

My Flickr Account

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Received Rst's: beautiful pinhole image of a castle in Germany. I enjoyed it very much! Makes me want to try pinhole but alas have barely any time just to use my 35mm camera! As soon as my darkroom is finished then I can finally print again!!!!!
    My postcards are in the process of being written on.... i'll post when i pop them in the mail.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    24 Mar 2009

Received jst's card. I also like the composition, and the perspective from the dog's level. Well done!

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've received Ruediger's Castle Altdahn. A lovely image, full of mystery. Also Pete H's wet tiled street (or sidewalk?). Whatever, it evokes a cold and wet feeling, well done. And, last but not least, a double from Roger Bulcock - one a nice composition of a very ancient abbey with great tones and second a grove of perfectly exposed birch trees in winter.
    They are all very well done. In fact all of the photos I've received since joining the Postcard Exchange make me feel like I should do something with them - like make a mural and hang it somewhere, although if I continue with this I'd soon run out of room. You are all hard acts to follow, and I think I'd better start looking for my next negative.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anke's cyanotype from the Blue Forest arrived yesterday. Graphic simplicity set off by the paper texture.

Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    26 Mar 2009

MattKing:

I received your card from of peeling bark. This trait of the Arbutus tree is similar to the Madrone tree here in California. The cool thing is that I know where Gabriola Island is located. My sister-in-law lives on Salt Spring Island, and have visited her many times. I cannot count how many times my wife and I have passed through Tsawwassen on our way to Salt Spring Island. You live in a really beautiful area.

Thanks for the card.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Darwin:

I'm glad you liked the card, and impressed that it got to you so quickly. It was sent on Monday.

When you pass through Tsawwassen, you are about 5 minutes away from my home. Next time, you should consider calling ahead .

I've been wracking my brain to try to figure out the best way to contribute to the current "Monthly" shooting assignment (I know how spoiled we are).

Matt

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin