Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,307   Online: 814

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi all.
    Apologies for not updating on the cards I've received - been a very busy few months!

To date I've got cards from the following:
    • Wazza
    • Ruediger
    • Sly
    • Ross Wilson
    • Roger Bulcock
    • Thomsonrc
    • Darwin
    • Balck Dog
    • Allen Friday
    • Jon King
    • Mark Fisher
    • Simplicius
    • JohnnyWalker
    • Peter Markowski
    • Pete H
    • Bwakel
    • Boyd
    • Trotkiller
    • Mike Wilde
    • Shannon Friday
    • Tim Gray

My have just gone out - looking forward to more arriving soon.

- Nanette

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great Cyanotype Anke, very subtle, to answer your enquiry the overpass on my image is a pedestrian overpass on the great western highway, the main western highway out of Sydney. It is about 80 kms out of Sydney and 1,000 metres in altitude so we often have lovely dense mists. Living in a world heritage listed area provides some wonderful photo opportunities.
    regards
    wazza

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    27 Mar 2009

A cyanotype from Anke Drewitz. It is indeed subtle and imaginative. I like the title "Black Forest in Blue". Very well done. Did you create a mask for the shape of the exposed area, or was the paper coated in a random fashion?

Anke, glad you liked the image I selected this round.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    35mm
    My cards went out today. Thanks to everyone who has sent me theirs so far. I finally got a proper pen to replace the giant permanent marker I used for the last exchange, so I was able to actually write something on the postcards this time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, MattKing for the peeling bark. It's very sharp and the toning sets it off nicely.

cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    35mm
    Apologies that I'll be late again this round, some money troubles happened before I could get the last ones printed off, I'm going to try and get them sent out by the end of next week.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I loved Anke's image. Snow is a great subject for cyanotype. I'm organizing a post card exchange at work (we have 8 locations and at least a few photographers in each). I may have to do some quick cyanotypes just to show the mostly digital crowd what a cyanotype is!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Samad Asad, for the policeman. Just be careful about taking that kind of shot if you visit the UK!

cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two more received last week:

Anke's cyanotype was a big surprise, an extra postcard; Ruediger's program didn't put us on the same list, yet I received this beautiful cyanotype. Thanks for the surprise, Anke!
    Samad's "Policeman doing his job"; as Pete said, be careful, not all policemen in all countries like to be photographed. Thanks.

And my postcards? Well, they are all printed, and I'm in the process of writing and sending them.
    About half of them went in the mail today: all people of whom I have received a card (17 to date) can expect my card soon. The other cards will be sent out over the next few days.

This just in... after mailing the first batch, I came home and found a card of crispinuk on the doormat. Re-enactment scene, nice picture, thanks!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,
    I had the pleasure to receive postcards from Crispinuk and Samed yesterday
    The one from Crispinuk is an amusing picture of to men with their bagpipes and from Samed a postcard from a part of the world I’ll probably newer see my self. It’s a view of alor Star. This is my first exchange round, and this is fun!
    I’ll definitely be in for the next round. Thanks to both of you.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin