Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,266   Online: 737

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    A cyanotype ...
    Did you create a mask for the shape of the exposed area, or was the paper coated in a random fashion?
    Thank you, Pete H and, wazza for your kind words and wazza for your additional statement about your subject.

And kraker, I'm glad about that successful surprise

drpsilver, here was no mask, just free coating of the paper mostly within the boundaries set by the negative. I had to dealt with a low contrast negative and this was the best way to present it. So I'm very glad to hear the comments so far, but I don't mind to get some constructive critics.

Greetings,
    Anke

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And I have just to report about the next cards I received:
    Roger Bulcock's contact with Birch trees in the mist
    Peter Markowski's Farm near Edmonton, a calm landscape with lot of room to let my mind wander
    just two cards from Black dog with "shadows and floss" and "dead objects come to life", a homage to Josef Sudek, both cards with a lot of possibilities for interpretations; you have one card in advance for the next round
    Samad Asad's street scene from Alor star town, it's not so much crowdy as I remember from my different trips to asian towns
    crispinuk's German, not historically suited minstrels; who were the combatants in this battle or what is the historical background?

So far this round, I have halftime, just 15 cards left, but I'm curious about a card from rst, as some people just reported about it in this round and I didn't get one, maybe they gave it really to a snail.

Thanks for all contributions so far,
    Anke

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fisher View Post
    Snow is a great subject for cyanotype.
    Thats just the way I feel, a cold color for cold subjects
    I made some variations with toning, but the blue represented this subject in the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fisher View Post
    I may have to do some quick cyanotypes just to show the mostly digital crowd what a cyanotype is!
    Oh, that's always a good thing, and I wish you that they can realize the features of this process.

Anke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've received Anke's cyanotype of the forest. It's beautiful, and as others have said the colour suits the subject matter very well. My mother was born near the Black Forest, in a village named (I think) Huttenhofen (probably missing a few umlauts).
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I plan to get my cards printed over the weekend and sent out no later than early next week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today I received a great abstract, Magazines, from Jacco (kraker) and a very graphic shot of some frozen berries from Avi (aluk).
    One of the great things about the postcard exchange is the variety of cards. I'm just comparing Jacco's low key and strong grain with Avi's high key, delicate tonality in the ice. Very different styles (and chosen well for the respective subjects) and very enjoyable.

cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pete,

Thanks for your comments. Wow, mailed from the Netherlands on Monday, arrived in Norway on Wednesday. That's pretty good!

I've just finished writing the last card, so the remainder of my cards for this round will go in the mail tomorrow.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My cards are going in the mail today! My slacking off reached an all-time high this round...amazing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    for those who have been waiting patiantley for my card, you need not wait much longer. put them in the mail today after lugging them around for a few weeks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My cards will be sent in about two weeks. Sorry for the delay

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin