Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,914   Posts: 1,521,755   Online: 1071

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to let you know my cards went out in the mail on Monday

Gord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    08 April 2009

Two more cards came in today. The card from KWhitmore is well done. It makes me ask what the graffiti was about and why above the chair (or was the chair an addition by someone else)? Thanks you for your kind words about my card, and I am glad that it inspired you.

The card from tlsid reminds me of the old, and sometimes abandoned, building that I like to photograph. What a story this photo could tell.

Thanks to both of you for such nice cards.

Regards,
    Darwin

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Since my last post I received several cards. A street view from Samad, Anke Drewitz sent the beautiful Black Forest cyanotype. kraker sent an image from his favourites series. I like it a lot. aluk sent frozen berries - I like this very graphic image. crispinuk sent an image of German minstrels. Very nice, it made me smile. MattKing sent an interesting detail of an arbutus tree. It looks like a painting to me. tlsid sent Chair, Jugs and Crates. Funny. Also funny is Guests Only from KWhitmore. Hopefully the guests pay before using the boat.

This is a great round.

Cheers
    Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In past rounds I have taken each card as it arrived, and slid it into a photo album page, so the set stays together. During this round I have been very busy at work, so usually all I have had the energy to do after a late dinner is sort the 'junk' mail from the 'real' mail, and leave the real mail in a pile for 'later' sorting. Well last night was that later, and I must have had 15 images to file away. What a great body of work, and there are still more arriving.

When a round is about 95% received I temporarily mount them to foam core board with a bit of cello tape on the top edge, and display them in my company lunch room for a few weeks. People are always hanging around waiting for the microwave, etc, and I always find people looking them over, and flipping them to see where they are from, etc. We collectively get a lot of complments that way.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format

some more cards

Hi folks,

some more cards during the last days:
    aluk's frozen berries, as nice as some previous comments said
    Mick Fagan's rainy day with a car, love the captured gloss
    ozphoto's shell study, I got the 49er too a nice gloss brought out
    rst's castle Altdahn, another loss of details were added, the one who damaged some parts of this card ...
    kraker's interesting texture of magazines as the answer to a surprise :rolleyes:

Thank you all for this nice round and all, who commented on my cards,
    wish you happy easter!
    Anke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've received a few more cards and I would like to mention the quality of presentation and printing from Katherine Whitmore.

Firstly the framing of the subject as presented is perfect, secondly the printing is superbly done, thirdly the humour of the "Guests Only" is great.

Finally, the slight trimming of the postcard stock paper as supplied from Ilford, for a perfectly sized (in direct proportion to the image itself) tells me that this postcard is a real representation of the photographer's complete professionalism.

Katherine, I'm impressed.

Mick.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Mick...would it be ok if I printed your comments and pinned them up in my darkroom? Thank you. (blush)

-K

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    K, having something like this on your darkroom wall is good, if you start to slack off, a quick look and you will be back on track.

I have no problem with your request.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    10 April 2009

Gordrob's card landed in my mail box yesterday, and was immediately struck by the contrast that IR gives. I like how Spike becomes the only subject of interest. Well done. Thank you for you comments, and am glad you liked my card.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just wanted to let you all know that my cards went in the mail today. I won't bore you with a list of reasons why it took so long to get them out, but I do apologize for the delay.
    Best, Laura

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin