Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,062   Online: 995

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1216171819202122232425 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am readily informed that more cards have arrived, but I'm in China right now and haven't been able to see them.
    Will comment after I've seen them via Skype.

- Nanette
    www.nanettereid.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    03 May 2009

BWKate's card arrived yesterday, except it is not black & white. I like the composition, and how you waited for the sunlight to highlight one chair. Really directs the eye to your main subject. I wish you the best in getting your darkroom "up and running" because I always like to see your prints. Thanks for your comments on my card. I am glad you liked the image.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Darwin,
    I'm glad you liked my non B&W postcard! Union Station in downtown L.A. was a magical place. Good news on the darkroom front. Our new darkroom is up and running and I have used it once. It's weird how even though we set it up the same as our other darkroom it is slightly different. It will take a little while to get used to the differences but it's a sacrifice I am willing to make! Plus there are two boxes of postcard paper waiting for me at Lens & Shutter! Oh happy days....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kate,
    your card arrived today and it is awesome.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kate, your card arrived here today. The harmony of the colours is very pleasing, and I like the strongly directional light too.

Glad to hear that your darkroom is running.

cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Pete and David!
    I had the pleasure of meeting Matt King yesterday and I got to show him my new darkroom! What a treat! Matt is a prince among men and I'll tell you why. My one and only camera just broke and he not only offered me a used Contax camera he happened to purchase at a second hand store but he hand delivered it to me while he was on the island visiting his father whom I also had the pleasure of meeting. Such nice people! The sincere generosity of some of the people I have met here is so amazing. Thanks, thanks: a million thanks!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWKate View Post
    Thanks Pete and David!
    I had the pleasure of meeting Matt King yesterday and I got to show him my new darkroom! What a treat! Matt is a prince among men and I'll tell you why. My one and only camera just broke and he not only offered me a used Contax camera he happened to purchase at a second hand store but he hand delivered it to me while he was on the island visiting his father whom I also had the pleasure of meeting. Such nice people! The sincere generosity of some of the people I have met here is so amazing. Thanks, thanks: a million thanks!!
    Thanks Kate

Actually, I think I got the better of the deal. I got to meet Kate (finally), I was able to see her really nice new darkroom, and I got to see in person a whole bunch of Kate's really fine prints.

It was a great visit Kate, and I thank you again for the print.

Matt

P.S. my wife Gail quite rightly pointed out that I probably would never had come upon the camera body in question if she hadn't encouraged me to go with her to the "collectibles" sale at the thrift shop in question. So at least some of the thanks should go her way. She did, also, look somewhat confused when she read the "prince among men" comment (I wonder why?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are so welcome Matt and thanks to you too Gail for making Matt go to the collectibles sale!

I will PM you when I have tried out the camera. So far it seems great! I fell asleep reading the manual last night!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have been readily informed that the following cards arrived:

Laura Castle in New Mexico
    BWKate Union Station - leather chairs
    Hal Boarded up Arch Windows
    David Bram Altura Park, Albuquerque
    Gregory Molnar 'Things around the home' theme

Looking forward to seeing them when I finally return home in July!

- Nanette
    www.nanettereid.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Four more since my last update:
    sage, "things around home", a bit creepier than the previous items, but maybe that's just my twisted mind (haha!). Thanks for your comment on my card.
    david b, this shot is absolutely spot on! The same symmetry as in the previous round, but a whole different theme. The long shadows are lovely. Thanks.
    rwyoung, pinhole eye. I like the idea of pinhole closeups.
    BWKate, our own exchange (Ruediger, your program hasn't put Kate and me in the same group for a few rounds now. It's probably a bug in the software ). Lovely shot of Union Station Downtown L.A. Spot on. Wow, they have seats like that in a station waiting room? Here, we just have metal benches, and not nearly enough of them. The bonus water, metal, macro shot is great too. I can see the camera reflected a great number of times. What paper is this? It perfectly matches the metal look and feel. Thanks also for your comments on my card. I still find it hard, but I keep trying to look outside that comfort zone.

Still three more cards to arrive (I hope), but I can already say that it's been yet another great round.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin