Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,528   Online: 1192

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    Mark F: Monkeys! Very nice. What film and focal length?
    I'm certain it was tri-x in xtol (is there another film for 35mm....). I think the lens was my Canon 85mm f1.8....my favorite 35mm lens by far.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My cards went in the post friday

Have received cards from Mark F and drpsilver so far, both great cards

Shooter
    35mm
    Ive gotten 3 so far, from Darwin, Mark, and Tim, all very nice.
    I printed mine about 2 weeks ago, but ran out with 2 to go :/ So as soon as I get to ordering a new box of paper, printing the remainder, and getting labels on and notes written, they should be all out on time this go round

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Four arrived this week: Mark Fisher's family of sock monkeys, BlackDog - I liked how you selected the focus on this one. Tim Gray - I think that is a great way to print the scene. It makes me wonder if there was even more! drpsilver - It tonality and the toning color were such that it took me a while to realize it was on Ilford postcard paper - it makes me realize I'm not using all the paper can give me.

My cards are printed, and I'm writing them up. I hope to mail them over the next couple of days.
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    22 Deb 2009

Received cards from ...
    bwakel: I like the composition. It must have been a magical morning of photography. Shooting g the fog is a challenge, but can be very rewarding also.
    Mark Fisher: These monkeys look so peaceful and content. The selective focus gives this print a wonderful 3-D feeling.
    Black Dog: So sharp I can almost touch the grasses. Normandy is a special place for beauty and history.
    Tim Gray: I like your title. The women's facial expressions says it all. What a novel way of printing, two frames on one card.
    Mike Wilde: Nice image. I am impressed that you do your own RA-4 printing. Nicely done! I am glad that the post office did not rip off the back sheet when the card began to delaminate. I can see the impression of your tacking iron, but it looks like the remaining dry-mount tissue was not mounted. In any case I am glad the card arrived in one peice.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Can you give us Simon's address again, so he can be included?
    I've dug them out of another thread and added them to the Sticky "Introduction and Schedules" thread.

Shooter
    35mm
    My postcards will go out tomorrow.

Ritchie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Having not managed to keep up with posting on cards last round, I'm starting as I mean (hope) to go on .. by commenting on the weeks photo's as I receive them..

Mark Fisher The store window is just fantastic, so clear you can even see the stitches! Really gorgeous shot.. I'm not so sure about that scary looking monkey in the background though.. I'm not so sure I'd bring him home with me!
    Blackdog The shell is a wonderful subject and the light that falls on it is just gorgeous, beautifully captured.
    Bwakel I love this.. Trees, mist and fences disappearing into the distance are three of my favourite subjects, so you've hit all the right buttons.. I'm with Pete H on this though, how can you think you took too many of these?
    Drpsilver The shack is a gorgeous subject as it is, but the toning is icing on the cake.. beautiful print.
    JohnnyWalker I instantly recognised Dakota when I saw the print knew it was yours.. You're lucky to have such a photogenic model so close to hand! Gorgeous photo.
    Tim Gray Your new glass neg carried worked wonderfully.. great shots and so reminiscent of many of my own family occasions over the years.. Your card made me smile!
    MikeWilde I was delighted to see a colour print in the exchange! I could almost guess the year it was taken by the colours, clothes and style of the shot, fantastic!
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The cards from Shannon Friday are in today's mail. I am printing my set and hope to have them in the mail in a few days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim Gray's card arrived today. The two frames together make a good story, and I also enjoy the facial expressions.

My cards are hanging up to dry even as I type, so they'll be out soon.

cheers
    Pete

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin