Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,753   Online: 1017

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Black Dog - Very nice usage of D3200. I like placement of the photo on the paper too.
    Mike Wilde - statement of Kodak's current condition? Nice usage of bargain material...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    23 Feb 2009

Sile:

Thank you for you kind words. I really enjoy looking for subjects that might have a story to tell.

I just received JohnnyWalker's card with a protrait of Dakota. She must be a wonderful partner as well as a good subject (for your portrait work). Beautiful dog and very nice print. For curiosity sake what breed is she?

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mike Wilde's postcard arrived today - I appreciate the uncommon, for the postcard exchange, use of colour, as well as the now obvious harbinger of Kodak's struggles
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Completed my darkroom duties today with all cards leaving tomorrow on their long journey to the northern hemisphere. (there are three cards staying in Australia)

Regards
    Wazza

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cards recieved so far:

Watership Down by Bwakel-mistily atmospheric and brings back fond memories of the book.
    Balloon by Mike Wilde-the slipping banner is very apt!
    Monkeys by Mark Fisher-which one is Johnny Vegas [a comedian from North of England way who appeared in sundry ads with a stuffed monkey btw]?You can almost imagine the conversation.....
    Angry at salad by Tim Gray-ah, the joys of family gettogethers!
    Coolamine Homestead by Trotkiller-like the gaping mouth of some unknown monster...

Thanks to all for their comments on my cards.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 02-24-2009 at 04:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    23 Feb 2009
    I just received JohnnyWalker's card with a protrait of Dakota. She must be a wonderful partner as well as a good subject (for your portrait work). Beautiful dog and very nice print. For curiosity sake what breed is she?

Regards,
    Darwin
    Darned if I know. I suspect a bit of Labrador, and her previous servant said she had some wolf in her. She may have but it can't be much as she's only about 55 lbs. She is a great partner and I can take her anywhere without fear of her chasing things or leaving my side. She's almost 5 now, and I've had her since she was one.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    JohnnyWalker's portrait of Dakota arrived today. Darwin said it - beautiful dog and nice print.

Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello all

So far I've received the following:
    Barrys (bwakel) nice landscape from Watership down
    Mark Fishers store window, my daughter loved it.
    Mike Wildes Hot air ballon
    Tim Grays double portratit of angry at salad, angry at me
    Jakes (Black Dog) interior shot of a reflection
    Darwins (drpsilver) rundown shack.

Thanks to all, it's still as fun as the first one I took part in.

Regards

Birger A.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Trotkiller - wonderful texture and detail in your print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received 4 postcards in one day!!! That was fun!
    So far I have received:
    Mark Fisher: Store window sock monkeys, great subject and I'm sure the series of store windows will be very interesting.
    Mike Wilde:First colour postcard in a very long time. Mine are also colour!! I found these archival paper backs to stick onto the photos to make them postcards. We'll see how they work. Like your image of the Kodak balloon!
    Drpsilver: Beautifully toned image of a run down shack. Lots of texture and well done!
    Tim Gray: Love the two images put together. My son gives me that look more often than I'd like. I also have a glass negative carrier and they are great!
    Black Dog: Remains of a WW2 bunker. I really enjoy your series of images of what remains in some former war locations. Well done!
    Johnny Walker: Portrait of Dakota is an awesome image of what looks to be a very lovable dog.
    Sly: Beautiful IR shot of some buildings in a seaside English town. Love the late afternoon light raking across the typically English buildings....I would so love to go to England...someday I will!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin